JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a little surprised nobody has brought up Sig 1911s. I have two and I find they're perhaps the best bang for the buck out there. They're extremely accurate out of the box, machining is top of the line, they have match grade internals, and even offer a traditional line for those people who don't like the non-traditional Sig slide profile. Their price point is also set well below Kimber and others for essentially equivalent models. Customer service is also incredible with factory upgrades also available for a relative song. They have external extractors, but in my opinion that debate is highly overblown, since I've found no difference in reliability between the two. If anything, the external extractor 1911s have given me fewer problems by far than the internal extractor ones I've had.

I'm a little surprised nobody has brought up Sig 1911s. I have two and I find they're perhaps the best bang for the buck out there. They're extremely accurate out of the box, machining is top of the line, they have match grade internals, and even offer a traditional line for those people who don't like the non-traditional Sig slide profile. Their price point is also set well below Kimber and others for essentially equivalent models. Customer service is also incredible with factory upgrades also available for a relative song. They have external extractors, but in my opinion that debate is highly overblown, since I've found no difference in reliability between the two. If anything, the external extractor 1911s have given me fewer problems by far than the internal extractor ones I've had.

I guess I just never think of "Sig" and "1911" together. Sigs to me are DA/SA guns with decocking levers that I have to contort my thumb to reach o_O

You're right though, they have a bunch of 1911's...

I have a Sig C3 and a limited edition Ultra Compact. Both are amazing firearms.

6B3A02AE-5176-4A7B-9664-5C807AD17BD8_zpssnrs64df.jpg A7D21E6A-1597-49D0-B7DB-AB370368EAB1_zpskfvb99iv.jpg

A friend of mine's uncle is one of the guys that works for Cabot. Super high quality firearms and highly lustable, but way the heck outta my price range.

One can dream though, right?

You can get a springfield loaded for around $700 if you shop carefully. It needs some love to be really fine but the frames and slides are nice, the barrels and bushings are more often that not well fit, they tend to be very accurate, the sights are decent, and the parts are better than average quality for mim.

I just up a new NM parkerized with night sights for $699. Its nice although it was pretty sloppily assembled and fit. I have pulled it apart and polished everything, trued and polished the hammer hooks, put a true radius on the sear, set the extractor tension, adjusted the sear spring tension, and polished and fit the safeties. Its running beautifully. I've got a black rear sight and FO front coming in and am looking forward to installing same. I'm quite happy with it following the massage I've given it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top