JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some of the Scorpions had some issues if I remember correctly. If you can afford to add a few hundred dollars, may I suggest a Dan Wesson Guardian? Available in 9mm, .45, and. 38 Super.

I had one and it gave me nothing but issues. My buddy bought one around the same time frame and it ran flawlessly. It's a 1911. They are known to be finicky. I sold mine. He still has his.

I'm not up on current prices. But at $1300 you're getting close to Dan Wesson territory which would be my first choice for a production 1911...even if I had to save a bit longer. YMMV.

I'm not up on current prices. But at $1300 you're getting close to Dan Wesson territory which would be my first choice for a production 1911...even if I had to save a bit longer. YMMV.
You're barely over halfway towards a DW.

Sig 1911s were a great value for the first couple of years they came out. To keep their prices competative, they use as many MIM parts as they can now. These days Dan Wesson is the best value without going full custom.

Also check on holster compatibility for the Sig profile. I don't have any first hand experience but in the photos the slide profile looks like it might not fit all 1911 holsters.

I've liked my Sig Emporer Scorpion, though I found the Sig 1911 guns with the squared off slides make holster break in with leather rigs a bit tougher in addition to having the rail on the dust cover. Can't say my Sig ES is a bad gun, but the Dan Wessons are definitely a step above the Sig 1911 guns. If you can get a DW 1911, do it.

My sig tax ops has run flawlessly, 1911's can be finicky but it seems usually it's the mags. Wilson combat mags seem to be about the best

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews