JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a friend who has bought some Sig Legions, a P226 and P229, he really like them. He is a Staccato guy too but they do have have really nice triggers. Maybe keep your eyes out for those on the classifieds or really any other Single Action only Sig "Legacy" series? That's just my opinion though.

All steel with an $800 budget your best bet would be a CZ. Comparable size would be the 75 Compact. Add a few goodies from Cajun gun works, Lok grips and Dawson Precision sights and you have something better than a stock 229. I love 229s though. I have a couple.

Last Edited:
CZ P-01, another Police trade in 229… Or honestly just shoot the 229 you have, it's a tool, not a Monet… we have a tendency to treat too many guns as 'rare' or 'too valuable to shoot' …it's like every corvette owner thinking that they have a collected car because there were only 30 made in their cars color in that year….
The truth is closer to … and now I'm ranting, I'll just stop now because we all get the just…

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top