JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is the only gun that just sits because its been discontinued and has a german made stainless frame it is the 229-1 variant and from what I gather a lot more 229-1 elite stainless were made in USA vs german. So now I am looking for a steel frame pistol to take its place that I wont cry if it gets used/abused. Thoughts?

This is the only gun that just sits because its been discontinued and has a german made stainless frame it is the 229-1 variant and from what I gather a lot more 229-1 elite stainless were made in USA vs german. So now I am looking for a steel frame pistol to take its place that I wont cry if it gets used/abused. Thoughts?
I don't understand, why is it not being used? Was it purchased to just sit in the safe?

There's not a lot of steel frame pistols being made these days. The Beretta 92x is made with stainless, then really your only other option is a steel 1911. Why not an aluminum frame?
Jericho, cz75 and derivatives are still steel frame. Maybe some competition guns like Walther q5 etc also.

The five or so steel frame guns compared to the massive quantity of plastic fantastic. Heck. Even aluminum frame guns are few and far between.
I have a .22 that is all steel liner and innerds (internal cycling) and outside frame is aluminum. Bottom is polymer. Weird, but best .22 trigger I've ever shot.

9F0D6D09-3BC9-4A63-A3E3-CF06DE252EBC.jpeg

Sell it and get a regular one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads