JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
December 7th a day that will now be shadowed by November 4th as the day that the enemy's of this great nation destroyed it from within.

This site and many others out there will be targeted. Yes the back door sales will continue but it will have to be by word of mouth after December 4th, makeing all that do, criminals. Which is what the government wants, it is the easiest way to increase revenue and keep tabs on its citizens.
So I will comply to this new law, sadly. But I have a plan.

I would like to know we're the NRA was? I didn't see or hear one ad from them!!!!
I personally am not a member, but every member in Wa. St. Really needs to cancel their membership even the LIFETIME members!
Also go to there web site and hit contact us and confront them on how much did they spend and how. I did this last night when I got up this morning I had a rebo email from them saying they response to members first! So let's just see if they answer you guys I bet not. They will never get another penny from me I would always round up on any orders from Midway or Sinclaire and the like helping raise money for the NRA which stands for "Not Real Americans " that's my new name for them!
Sorry if I'm ranting this is just so F***ed Up!!!
But I'm serous contact and confront so this doesn't happen again to another state. If their membership don't stand up to them and keep giving money. Your just as complacent in this. They have the money that could have turned this in are favor and they sat out.
I'll shut up now!
Stacy

Instead of crying in ours beers and lamenting the end of the world, we need to get moving and make sure that the The Right To Keep & Bare Arms and the NRA challenge this law in the courts! :mad:

Maybe a touch of post election defeatism - but I predict that not only will Oregon be next, since "we" booted some republicans and conservative democrats in favor of more left leaning libs - they have full control of the Oregon legislature and Dr. Ditzhaber somehow managed to slide through this election better than Slick Willy in his impeachment process - I see something far worse than 594 coming to Oregon. Mag caps, state AWB, UBC's, mandatory registration, and a statewide open carry ban - it's all on the table now and we don't have conservative democrats as a block to the madness.

And they'll have the votes to screw us hard in other ways too through higher taxes, new fees - Oregon could very well become as unlivable as California very quickly. It really pains me - my wife and I had talked about moving to Texas where we have family, but reconsidered it because things are/were going well here, and this is where her parent live. We've been talking about buying a house, and looking further in the future buying or starting a business. Those plans had the brakes locked up on them last night, hard. I think it's time to revisit the subject of moving with my wife, especially if Oregon goes crack-pot on us.

Kitzhaber needs recalled and indicted, along with his unelected first-sperm-receptacle (no way will I call that twit a "lady"). What pains me is that Washington County didn't elect a single republican this go round - and Bruce Starr lost by 40 votes to ultra liberal Chuck Riley.

On a local note to me - not a single person I voted for got a city council or mayors position either. It was a painful night to watch the election results come in. My final talley was 3 measures came out the way I voted - the MJ legalization, Illegal alien driver cards, and shooting down the Wash. Co vehicle registration fee. Everything else went the other way. AT this point I think I can predict elections by looking at the measures and people I like - and picking the opposites for the winners. :(

The Left Coast should be named the Lost Coast now. The big sucking sound got a lot louder last night.

Betsy Johnson lost. Dems have a majority in the Oregon legislature and Governor. We will lose gun rights. It is a given. Buy what you can because you won't be able to in a few months..
NRA backed Republican candidates won big in many parts of the country...Oregon and Washington lost.

There is no mention of C&R items in 594. Do they get blanketed by the passage's ill worded general terms? Or since does this mean since omitted they are immune?

There is something broken about a system that allows billionaires like Bloomberg, a person who lives in a state almost 3,000 miles from ours, to fly over here and dump unlimited amounts of money in order to fund his political causes.

There is no mention of C&R items in 594. Do they get blanketed by the passage's ill worded general terms? Or since does this mean since omitted they are immune?
My interpretation is that since there is no exemption in 594, they are not immune if any part of the transaction takes place in Washington State. So do all your C&R transactions elsewhere.

I think the NRA does owe Washington gun owners an huge apology, they really were non-existent in this fight, though I have another theory that may yet still play out.

I'm wondering if they allowed this one to go as a test. A test to see what they could do in the courts after something like this Bloomie bill passes. I would sure hope they didn't 'use' Washington as a test case against these types of measures, but with their complete lack of effort, it has to make you wonder.

I sure as heck hope the NRA-ILA steps up now to put a block on this measure and to get it tied up in courts for a long time, only to hopefully be defeated.

Might be wishful thinking, but what else is there at this point? Maybe some WA voters can get a ballot measure out there that will repeal 594 some day. In the meantime, it needs to be pointed out, very loudly, every single time that 594 FAILED to stop a shooting - every single time.

Just curious - were any of the other groups, such as the SAF active in fighting 594 in WA? I don't recall hearing anything from them either.

I don't know about the rest of you, but my next message is going directly to the NRA, expressing my extreme disappointment at their lack of action in WA. I'm a life member, but if they want to see even one dime more from me, they'd better work their a$$es off to make this right by WA gun owners.

Sincerely, a ticked-off OR resident.

why are people upset with NRA and other politicans when there was ONLY a 31% voter turn out that
means that 69% of Washington did not care enough to vote and protect our rights I am more disapointed with
the folks that dont care enough to Vote,

I did my part to fight this. Unfortunately state wide votes are always decided by Seattle with its high concentration of retarded hipsters.

I grew up in the Northwest , so it pains me to say this, but I think Washington state and Oregon soon will be handed to the birds. The place is just going to become a cesspool of liberalism, fascism, tax increases.. SOon it will be more popular for all the free-loaders, gangbangers and scum of the world, just as California and Colorado have become.

Washington and Oregon were two of the most beautiful states in the country that were affordable to live and had low crime. Now, they will become crime infested , heavily taxed cesspools and the scum-sucking liberals who fled their own craphole states will now be turning Washington and Oregon into police states like they left and all the respectable residents of the state will flee as many are.

E.g., Seattle is gaining more and more low-wage, uber-liberal hipster types, but many of the hard-working business people, blue collar workers, etc are fleeing to places like Texas , North Carolina , Tennessee, etc where jobs are paying more, costs are lower and they still have all their freedoms in place.

It's amazing in a state that has some of lowest crime in the country that these liberal idiots have to enforce a gun control measure that only achieved turning law abiding citizens into criminals without saving a single person's life or stopping a single felon from acquiring a gun.

I guarantee you the Wash State government will use the extra revenue in Use Tax fees from gun transfers to hire extra law enforcement and undercover agents to perform stings on people selling guns on forums , gun shows ,etc. The only people they will end up busting, and they will bust people, are people who probably have no prior criminal charges. In effect, if there is no crime, we might as well make new laws that will help make more crime , so the big government can increase its power and stronghold.

The government is smart, they gave the liberal whining fascists their legal drugs and promises of "free marriage for all", and by luring them here they helped win the support on the more pressing and important issues, which is disarming the population and gaining more power and control over them. They have succeeded by seducing a lazy population who is not pro-active or has much concern for the dangers that are culminating in Olympia and throughout the state.

And, for all of those who are shocked and complaining about the low voter turnout and how your fellow neighbors betrayed you.. I like to ask you a question. Washington state is not what I consider the most neighborly state. How many of you know your neighbors? Even know their name? How many of you went around discussing I-594 with people you didn't know in your community ? Where I live everyone stays inside and doesn't look or talk to anyone else around them. It really is a bit depressing. There is a severe problem with introvertedness in Washington (and many parts of the country, these days) and I believe this is another reason why over half the state didn't even get off their behind to vote or even knew what was going on.

What I am saying is reach out and touch someone.. Because, I believe part of the reason this unconstitutional law passed by a landslide is because we were too concerned with our personal lives, families , close friends and jobs and didn't want to go and have a beer with that guy we didn't know or go out of our way to get a bit involved with the communities we live. Step out of your comfort zone and talk to those odd looking liberal people and try to share your view with them. Don't just talk and associate with people of your own creed or who agree with you. Instead of punching away on the smartphone when you are standing next to a stranger, say hello.. Ask them their views on I-594.. If you just ignore the stranger next to you, you never knew if you could have both made a friend or have influenced a person. People need to get their faces out of their phones and look at the faces of other people.

I try to make it my business to know my neighbors and see where they stand on issues. If you can change one person's mind and then they change other people's minds, you can make a difference.

I don't know what to say, but I am heartbroken and it is a truly sad day for me. After living here for most my life I am thinking now is the time to move on. I'm still thinking about my options, as many other people here are.

Last Edited:
"Oh by the way.. billionaires like Bill Gates and Paul Allen contributed to the passage of I-594. All you basketball and football fans think about that when you give them your money for tickets to see these games. Start protesting at their games like others do for other causes."

Don't buy tickets. :eek: Hit them in their purse!:p

Oh by the way.. billionaires like Bill Gates and Paul Allen contributed to the passage of I-594. All you basketball and football fans think about that when you give them your money for tickets to see these games. Start protesting at their games like others do for other causes.

And also think about the fact that Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer contributed money YOU gave them when you bought Microsoft products. I'm Microsoft free from this day forward.

The firearms we have right now are not in a central registry, even though legally purchased in the past. What this does is make people like me keep what I have locked away, and I will no longer purchase, sell or otherwise trade any firearms. This initiative is going to hurt gun sales by making it burdensome to even own firearms.

I intend to start buying 80% lowers. I don't even know if I'll be able to finish them, but it's something.

There are a number of sites all about that: DIYGuns.com, HomeGunsmith.com ... just to name to.

As I said in another thread, wouldn't it be ironic if 594 only INCREASED the number of "untraceable" guns in our state from people buying 80%'s and building their own? :D

I know a lot of people are upset about the transfer part of I-594 but what's really the problem about this law is that it requires a permanent registration of our firearms, otherwise without registration I-594 would be unenforceable. I realize that we already have a temporary form of registration when buying a new pistol, (I can resell the pistol privately to someone else unrecorded. thus ending the paper trail) but now with I-594 the pistol will be recorded (registered) to the new buyer and on and on.... PERMANENT REGISTATION OF THAT GUN TO EACH NEW OWNER, Not to mention it is against the constitution, as it defeats the clear intent of those who authored and voted to pass the bill of rights.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top