JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Repubs scored a major, but locally with the anti's voteing in 594. So much for private sale, or loaning a firearm. Bloody out of state money bought that one...Just like in the east, they had the sheeple running scared in the citys and killed us with body count. Now the sheeple can all feel warm and fuzzy inside. Never even considering that, the bad guys don't obey the laws. :eek:
That's why we call them criminals.....:rolleyes:

Well I'm sure between friends nothing will change. But being able to buy and sell here and on armslist, etc will be impossible.
You never know when a stranger is going to be a cop waiting to nail you.

The good thing is that we don't have to fight Olympia to change it. Wait until the crime stats don't pan out, then we can get a repeal on the ballot for 2016.

Where do you see a timetable in this debauchery that says XXX amount of good intentions that do not materialize this bill will be repealed?
I seriously doubt that this injustice will ever be repealed even if it does nothing to combat gun violence... just sayin that the libs have their anti-2A meat hooks in the west coast & will follow the same fate.
Sorry for the rant but I'm PIZZED at everyone in Wa that decided I didn't need my 2A rights....

Sorry for the rant but I'm PIZZED at everyone in Wa that decided I didn't need my 2A rights....
You and a bunch of the rest of us, amigo... I'm about ready to suggest that if anyone at our ranges is a Kapo who voted for this abomination, we have a duty to shun them and make abundantly clear that as they have turned their backs on us we too turn ours on them.

I'm done "playing nice" and "compromising" with people whose idea of "compromise" is "I'm taking half your cake today and I'll take the rest tomorrow..."

I suggest that under I-594 you consider stripping your guns down and only transferring the part that is considered the firearm, set the price accordingly with the FFL, so if taxes are collected it is only on the part that is controlled. Remember that only the controlled part is effected by this, not the rest of the gun.

I also want to know where/who is collecting funds to create a fund to fight for anyone caught in the net of I-594 unfairly.

WE screwed ourselves over.

One need not look any farther than the numbers of voters who supported 591 but not 594. Unless I am over simplifying it, there are about 60000 people who voted yes on 591 but either noted no on 594 or abstained.

We all knew that Seattle was going to go the way it did... but the Vancouver and Spokane areas were against us as well. Though it was close. Still unacceptable.

WE blew it... not the house, senate, governor or anyone else
It had NOTHING to do with who was in office either. We, the people, did this to ourselves.
We lost to our neighbors, not politicians.

Beyond that... this will NEVER be undone. NEVER. Washington will never be the same. We have lost in so many ways here... We've emboldened the anti gun crowd. This is going to spread to Oregon next. Washington may as well be California.

Thanks for nothing... we'll be lucky to even have muzzleloaders in 10 years.

Oh, the Republicans have a majority now you say? I say SO WHAT?
Even WITHOUT that majority Obama & Co. were unable to pass ANYTHING at the Federal level.

States are the new battleground for gun rights and we are losing lat every turn. When was the last time we won something? Unless we get our asses together and start mobilizing every single gun owner and drag these fence sitting republicans kicking and screaming to the ballot box we're done.

Once again, as a generation we can say that our kids and grandkids will never know some of the freedoms we had, we only have ourselves to blame.

'Assault Weapon' Bans are coming next. So get your asses in gear and start spending some time and money to stop it. As we've seen, EVERY battle is important... what is lost will never be regained.

TOOTH. AND. NAIL. From here on out. (like we all should have been from the very beginning)

I finally escaped Kalifornia and found sanctuary in Washington in part because of her "good gun laws"... and now this??? FFS!!!! Wake up Washingtonians... I know what complacency brings. If you think this is bad just wait until you see what is next on *their* agenda. Because most of you don't seem to care enough about your freedoms, you are about to slowly lose all of them... bill by bill... ordinance by ordinance. I work in the same building that the Seattle "Brady Bunch" is located and believe me... they are a well spoken, well funded, highly intelligent, smug, and crafty bunch of evil-doers that you will ever encounter. I have no doubt that they will not rest until the 2A has been destroyed. Rise and shine folks!

Welcome to the "Time to kick Azz & take names club" Brother.
I for one am making a pledge to let everyone that voted yes on this abomination that there will be HE'LL to pay down the road!!!!

How about signs & bumper stickers that say:

If you can't prosecute gun violence criminals for violent gun crimes then why not just make more criminals of the law abiding gun owners?:mad:

Civil Disobedience is a time-honored action. It does not relieve you of consequences, but it is terrible when you can't let your friend try out your new 1911.

Maybe friends could get together and form trusts -- the trust owns the weapons and members could use them? I am no lawyer, can something along those lines work for a few buddies/a club to share ownership and use among themselves legally?

All this trust stuff is starting to sound like the UK. They ended up having to leave their guns in the gun clubs locked up then they ended up having to turn them all in for the most part. The 2nd is an individual right, not a group right of bundle right, its an individual right. Fight for what is right. Inch by inch they devour you all.

I finally escaped Kalifornia and found sanctuary in Washington in part because of her "good gun laws"... and now this??? FFS!!!! Wake up Washingtonians... I know what complacency brings. If you think this is bad just wait until you see what is next on *their* agenda. Because most of you don't seem to care enough about your freedoms, you are about to slowly lose all of them... bill by bill... ordinance by ordinance. I work in the same building that the Seattle "Brady Bunch" is located and believe me... they are a well spoken, well funded, highly intelligent, smug, and crafty bunch of evil-doers that you will ever encounter. I have no doubt that they will not rest until the 2A has been destroyed. Rise and shine folks!

Washington and starting to be Oregon is nothing more than "Slow California" People just cannot help bringing the crap with them that they wanted to leave behind. They come up here and fix what is not broken until they break and destroy it. Should have reconstructed the Berlin wall on the border long ago, gun towers and all..

I hear you, I too lived in CA and was excited when I moved here,

We need to realize, this was a test, only a test, they now have the infrastructure in place to push more initiatives. Let not assume that all the money was spent, it was not, there is a big war chest sitting there waiting for things like mags size limitations, bullet buttons, open carry, you name it, they will work it. They will find some other issue that sounds reasonable and bury what they really want in it. You can count on it.

In CA there is a forum called CalGuns.net, they have their own fund to fight this stuff, I strongly urge NWF form a fund and start organizing. I will help just ask.

One more thing, know that initiatives are now the tool of the left. They know that they can win mob rule by fooling the low information voter. They use initiatives because they know voters will not read or understand 18 pages, and the news will not explain it because if it takes more than 30 seconds the news story is to long and they worry about loosing viewers.

Our representatives have a full time job reading and understanding bills, that is why our founders did not create a democracy, they created a representative republic, to prevent just this thing from happening.

Washington and starting to be Oregon is nothing more than "Slow California" People just cannot help bringing the crap with them that they wanted to leave behind. They come up here and fix what is not broken until they break and destroy it. Should have reconstructed the Berlin wall on the border long ago, gun towers and all..

OMG if my karma inadvertently dragged all the horrific gun legislation from California WITH ME and sparked this cancer then I am truly sorry and I will pack up and leave this instant. I thought I was a refugee and had found the "promised land" where I wouldn't be constantly be told what guns or ammo I could own or be slandered as a "crazy gun nut".

Guess I was wrong.

I was sick to my stomach when I found out this passed. I own a few rental properties here that I was somewhat looking to use for retirement, but I have considered selling it all and relocating to a low cost of living area as well. I'm open to suggestions.

Last Edited:
I am crushed by this, I really am feeling depressed, freedom just took a HUGE step in the wrong direction. We are F'd. Ive grown up here in WA my whole life and now I can honestly say I'm giving serious thought on leaving. I hate liberals with so much passion they are a disease to freedom, but most of all I hate every gun owner who didn't vote no on I 594. Im just sick of seeing my freedoms taken every day and nobody giving a damn about it, nobody.

I have to agree with our last two sentences. If an issue like this does not galvanize and rally us to thwart the likes of Bloomberg, what will? Far too much belly-aching from the Lazyboy and not nearly enough action.

I was listening to John Curley and Tom Tangly? (who cares?) on KIRO today,talking about this.
John mentioned something about how voters voted for it because it was touted as 'just a universal back round check that would close the GS loophole' and Tangly said "that's all it was"
So the liberals didn't really read anything cause Mr Gates said it should pass?
He did concur that criminals would not do back round checks anyway...... but if it saves just 1 life

Bushman, I've been thinking about Idaho for a while and then more so after hunting there this season.
My suggestion is vote with your feet.
Be careful with Texas.They are moving away from what Texas was with a new influx of idiots too

Liberals do not care. They see guns as bad, and anything that can prevent someone from owning one as a good thing. They have zero understanding of the laws which are already on the books, and the effort it takes to be a law-abiding gun owner while criminals disregard and continue to rob, steal, maim and kill in violation of all the laws which have been passed.

I-594 is about discouraging the lawful from owning guns, not the hardened criminal.

Liberals do not care. They see guns as bad, and anything that can prevent someone from owning one as a good thing. They have zero understanding of the laws which are already on the books, and the effort it takes to be a law-abiding gun owner while criminals disregard and continue to rob, steal, maim and kill in violation of all the laws which have been passed.

I-594 is about discouraging the lawful from owning guns, not the hardened criminal.

^^^ This ^^^
The only way liberal social engineering can truly work is if the American people are both conned and compelled into accepting it. Conned is easy... they have Hollywood, the MSM, and the teachers and professors as their loyal lapdogs. Compelling those who cannot be conned is proving to be a little harder... the police state will never truly be omnipotent with all those pesky guns out there. Their strategy is to sensationalize then demonize and the dizzy masses will do their job for them. If not for the SCOTUS and the 2A, the battle would have already been lost. (and no thanks to the weak kneed shill of an organization that calls itself the NRA)

There is NO SUCH THING as "reasonable compromises"... THEY WILL NOT STOP

There is NO SUCH THING as "reasonable compromises"... THEY WILL NOT STOP

Interesting that you say that. Check this out:

I-594 supporters to push for more gun laws in Olympia

The <broken link removed> , the proposal to expand gun-buyer background checks to private sales and transfers, the measure's supporters declared they'd take their momentum to lawmakers in Olympia.

"We are here this morning to announce that we are not packing up our tents, claiming victory and going home," said Sandy Brown, president of the board for the Center for Gun Responsibility, at a news conference Wednesday. "Yesterday's victory is just the beginning," he added.

Article continues at: http://blogs.seattletimes.com/polit...porters-to-push-for-more-gun-laws-in-olympia/

They are just getting started. This anti-victory just stoked the fire...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top