JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WE screwed ourselves over.

One need not look any farther than the numbers of voters who supported 591 but not 594. Unless I am over simplifying it, there are about 60000 people who voted yes on 591 but either noted no on 594 or abstained.

We all knew that Seattle was going to go the way it did... but the Vancouver and Spokane areas were against us as well. Though it was close. Still unacceptable.

WE blew it... not the house, senate, governor or anyone else
It had NOTHING to do with who was in office either. We, the people, did this to ourselves.
We lost to our neighbors, not politicians.

Beyond that... this will NEVER be undone. NEVER. Washington will never be the same. We have lost in so many ways here... We've emboldened the anti gun crowd. This is going to spread to Oregon next. Washington may as well be California.

Thanks for nothing... we'll be lucky to even have muzzleloaders in 10 years.

Oh, the Republicans have a majority now you say? I say SO WHAT?
Even WITHOUT that majority Obama & Co. were unable to pass ANYTHING at the Federal level.

States are the new battleground for gun rights and we are losing lat every turn. When was the last time we won something? Unless we get our asses together and start mobilizing every single gun owner and drag these fence sitting republicans kicking and screaming to the ballot box we're done.

Once again, as a generation we can say that our kids and grandkids will never know some of the freedoms we had, we only have ourselves to blame.

'Assault Weapon' Bans are coming next. So get your asses in gear and start spending some time and money to stop it. As we've seen, EVERY battle is important... what is lost will never be regained.

TOOTH. AND. NAIL. From here on out. (like we all should have been from the very beginning)

you said it man. I was happy to see that Republicans took the senate, then the news came in I lost another freedom today. And that is another win for big government trying to dig there way into my life. I put the vote out I pressured all of my friends but the propaganda machine won again. What's next? Its about more then firearms, ots about making my own decisions and the freedom to do so. So the majority of people in my state dont think I can be trusted, they do t think you can be trusted leave it to the government you dont have the capacity.

Billionaire-backed gun control measure wins in Washington

Evergreen State gun control proponents are celebrating passage of the billionaire-backed Initiative 594 while gun rights advocates supporting rival Initiative 591 are wondering what comes next as Tuesday night ballot returns point to a loss for their measure.

<broken link removed>

The leisurely days of gun ownership are gone.

No longer can we assume anything, nor take what we have for granted...

We are under attack, constant attack from all sides and we're going to have to fight to keep what little we have now.

That means we have to volunteer where needed, kick in a little $ where we can.
Constantly harp on those in elected office. Share our culture with others, etc.

This is truly a battle of hearts & minds.

Ignore it and be free. 594 takes something that was legal the day before & made you a criminal the next day. If that's all it takes to become a criminal then what you do legally under 594 will just as easily one day become illegal too. Be free, don't get caught being free.....

I watched this one closely from the other side of the river because I know Oregon is next. Makes me sick. My condolences go out for sure. Bloomberg is making a toast right about now with his paid for win in your state. A-hole.

The firearms we have right now are not in a central registry, even though legally purchased in the past. What this does is make people like me keep what I have locked away, and I will no longer purchase, sell or otherwise trade any firearms. This initiative is going to hurt gun sales by making it burdensome to even own firearms. I fully intend to quit hunting in this state as well. I would urge everyone to do the same. If the state isn't selling hunting licenses, that will hurt them in the pocketbook.

I'm just sick about this. Oregon will be crushed between the liberals of California and Washington big cities. Portland drives Oregon. It is the end of a way of life. It was a strategic error to split the vote with 591. A CLEAR choice on 594 had a better chance. Two initiatives just confused the masses.

If/when Oregon goes down this path, I'm moving to Utah or Idaho. I'll be close enough to retirement at that point.

I am crushed by this, I really am feeling depressed, freedom just took a HUGE step in the wrong direction. We are F'd. Ive grown up here in WA my whole life and now I can honestly say I'm giving serious thought on leaving. I hate liberals with so much passion they are a disease to freedom, but most of all I hate every gun owner who didn't vote no on I 594. Im just sick of seeing my freedoms taken every day and nobody giving a damn about it, nobody.

I watched this one closely from the other side of the river because I know Oregon is next. Makes me sick. My condolences go out for sure. Bloomberg is making a toast right about now with his paid for win in your state. A-hole.

The Dems just got their majority increased in the Oregon legislature, which means the anti-2A dolts may not even need the ballot inititive process to get something on the books now...

Civil Disobedience is a time-honored action. It does not relieve you of consequences, but it is terrible when you can't let your friend try out your new 1911.

Maybe friends could get together and form trusts -- the trust owns the weapons and members could use them? I am no lawyer, can something along those lines work for a few buddies/a club to share ownership and use among themselves legally?

Ignore it and be free. 594 takes something that was legal the day before & made you a criminal the next day. If that's all it takes to become a criminal then what you do legally under 594 will just as easily one day become illegal too. Be free, don't get caught being free.....

Well I'm sure between friends nothing will change. But being able to buy and sell here and on armslist, etc will be impossible.
You never know when a stranger is going to be a cop waiting to nail you.

The good thing is that we don't have to fight Olympia to change it. Wait until the crime stats don't pan out, then we can get a repeal on the ballot for 2016.

I think this law maybe unconstitutional. It seems to me that it is a backdoor registration & confiscation scheme. Think about this. If you want to sell a gun to a neighbor they have to get a background check. Who pays for that? It will be the buyer. The next thing is that when you get that background check the State will say "its a sale." "We want sales tax collected on this." Next the gun dealer, or who ever does the background check, gets a book and looks up the value of the gun. The State will determine the value, like cars, and put an inflated value on that gun and you will then PAY A SALES TAX. Think that can't happen? It wasn't so long ago that you could buy a gun across the State line, through a dealer, and not pay a sales tax. Now you do. Thank you Washington legislature. The last thing that will happen if you don't follow the law is that confiscation will be next. Time to work on the legislature and overturn this bad law Washingtonians passed last night. By the way, boards like this one will be phased out of existence if responsible people can't engage in local commerce. No one is against a background check, its what follows that's pathetic.

Oh by the way.. billionaires like Bill Gates and Paul Allen contributed to the passage of I-594. All you basketball and football fans think about that when you give them your money for tickets to see these games. Start protesting at their games like others do for other causes.

They have no idea who has what, other than what you paid in the past for at a gun store. The guns that were bought prior to the Brady act are truly priceless and hopefully nobody ever let's one of those go....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top