JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay so I got my package from Ebay... okay.. I cleaned out the seller's material of this pattern "AOR2 Brown Military Hunting Camo 500D" ... 3 yards. Anyways. Here it is with 2 yards of Rockywoods' 500D Cordura in AOR2 on the top of the picture... and Olive Drab #7 webbing laid across the two. In this natural, overcast light plus LED kitchen light, the bottom fabric resembles MARPAT much more than the USN AOR2 green pattern. The bottom fabric has a more faded/worn black component, and a slightly darker green component, and the "brown" component is more an olive drab green with a brown tint than the olive component of the AOR2 fabric up top. However... both have near identical Tan-499/Khaki compoments. I do not think the MARPAT camo has this exact shade of tan/sand in its pattern. From what I remember of MARPAT, it has a definite coyote brown component thats not as green. I suppose it'll do very nicely in the PNW forests here.

20220412_122002.jpg

Whatcha doin' with it?
:s0093:
For the good AOR2 camo shown on top, flotation chest/vest rig in MOLLE but patterned after Eagle's SOMAV series just for the old school cool. For the other camo, not 100% sure yet. Plain chest rigs? Sewn pocket rig? Go-bag? Mag carrier? Really, I don't know yet. Definitely not a backpack unless its an ammo backpack :p also not planning to make plate carriers in either camo; plenty of good ones out there if bit spendy.

MOLLE-fied SOMAV would be pretty metal.
I literally have this; an incomplete SOMAV vest that still needs a lot of work, webbing, binding tape, and more hardware than I have. :D perfect for making patterns from 🤘otherwise, I would be trying for a SPEAR ELCS shape since I can get the flotation inserts for them off Ebay :rolleyes: or a flotation H-Harness like the LBT Inc 1195 models, which while available in MOLLE, are spendy at the tune of $350+ :s0001:

20220217_144404.jpg

Some more comparo pics, white balance changed to 3k, flash engaged, and under led worklight on sewing table.
Just the ebay fabric with Tan 499 webbing, Coyote Brown webbing, and OD7 webbing
20220412_143500.jpg

Both Rockywoods AOR2 and Ebay AOR2 with OD7 webbing. 20220412_143404.jpg

In these, it can be seen that they are both more green than MARPAT if the Coyote Brown webbing is usually a match for MARPAT's brown elements, and the Ebay fabric is a bit more brown tinted than the Rockywoods fabric. Doesn't really seem that drastic of a difference in this particular light. Does look better suited to the PNW however.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top