JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And stay away for Idaho...:winkkiss:

I wonder if they have a militia there?... :s0114:

You can always move to WA. You can OC without a license (I did for over 25 years), you can OC or CC if you are going to, coming from, or participating in any outdoor recreational activity (RCW 9.41.060) (you may CC basically because you may be wearing a coat) no license necessary. You can carry on an ATV/UTV...(but not a loaded long gun, just a pistol.)

Towns and counties cannot restrict beyond what the state legislature authorizes (not much, and everywhere is the same...no Portlands up here..nope, not even Seattle) (RCW 9.41.290 and 300). If you wish to have a CPL you can, no special training or references necessary, unless you are a Federally prohibited person...you can walk out of the FFL same day, no extra fees (like OR) with a CPL...which is why I finally broke down and got my CPL. (no cpl you have to wait for a background check, up to 5 days) Unfortunately WA considers in a vehicle as being concealed, so unless you meet an exception in RCW 9.41.060, your firearm must be unloaded...for my ATV/UTV statement see RCW 9.41.060(8)

The one thing that OR has over WA is NFA items. We can have what we already have, and we can purchase new suppressors, but you cannot purchase or sell within WA NFA items (other than suppressors) that were not NFA registered to you prior to 1986.

Actuially, I like ID. Very nice state, and their gun laws are very unrestrictive,,,you can get a CPL there, it is shall issue, but you do not need a CPL anywhere in ID to OC.

You are in trouble today then Blitz...it's snowing here right now...:)

Clear here in Lacey, WA.. at least when it snows here it does not last long. My most hated is ice followed by powder snow.. fell twice a few years ago on it.. first time no harm cause I am pretty agile, the second time was on concrete stairs and I nearly broke my coxyx (tail bone) on that step edge and I almost cried it hurt so bad

Well thanks for the tone of the post, which I appreciate.

My objection to a 'militia" (which I put in quotes for a reason), is that I fail to see any need for a militia beyond the NG for any actual, real foreseeable purpose beyond armed insurrection.

Your failure, is not my problem (somewhat kidding, but not really.)

Who the HELL thinks that some "militia group" organized here on NORTHWEST FIREARMS COMMUNITY would be anything other than well-known and first raided by federal authorities?

Nobody's organizing a militia group on NWFA. The unorganized militia is acknowledged in the United States Code.

Once again, in the event that there is a general threat to welfare (I'm thinking natural disaster or foreign attack) my neighbors and I will be JUST FINE. We Need no help to organize. We NEED no federal authorizing law. WE'LL JUST DO IT.

You don't need an authorizing law- until the law forbids it. This is stupid, Bill. Going round and round about a definition that you clearly have cognitive dissonance over. Your emotional objection to the term doesn't change the facts.

So for what possible reason in 2012, is anyone talking about this stuff except for anti-government or racist zealots?

I'm not anti-sugar, I don't want to eliminate it, but I don't want too much of it either. Checks on government are built into the system. Part of that system is the THREAT of an armed populace.

Our state governments have it well in hand and the federal government has what is beyond our state's capability well in hand.

Yeah, good luck with that. "Just let your betters make the decisions." This sounds like complete pie in the sky to pretty much every other person on this thread. Who's the crazy one? It's important to be involved in your government.

In not ONE of these threads have I seen a critique of the WA NG's response plan. NOT ONE. Put up or shut up.

If you've read any disaster plans, you realize that a large part of the response depends upon private resources in the local community. What's got two thumbs and studies disaster management? ^This Guy^. I've been through a good solid chunk of FEMA's training, I study disaster recovery, risk management, and business continuity for my primary day job, I've made a personal study of it for personal reasons and I promote readiness through my shop in my community. I am set up as a contractor to provide equipment and supplies to local agencies in an emergency.

The TRADITION of the unorganized militia plays into EVERYTHING about our civil society; from bucket brigades for fighting fire to the modern Citizen Corps CERT teams. It feeds a certain amount of martial prowess into our military- which in case you haven't noticed has NEVER fought a SINGLE war with ICBMs. It allows people to actually organize when short term organization is needed, because people EXPECT to be useful in an emergency. It provides a POTENTIAL check on government which may very well obviate the need for a revolution some day, because, just like in your ICBM scenario, it provides a mutual assured destruction to keep the power-hungry narcicists in check BEFORE they do something stupid.

Well said, Bastige.

On another note of a "well regulated" malitia... They should apply it to blood sugar, blood pressure, diet and body weight... because there are some SAD, FAT looking mofos runnin' around "playing army" in the backwoods. It's friken embarrassing.

So what do you folks say to people that doubt the validity of the 2nd Ammendment, stating there's no such thing as a "well regulated militia"?

These folks state that all we are is a bunch of people with guns and are not technically well trained, disiplined, nor organzied as a militia should/would be - thus the "well regulated militia" does not exist and the 2nd Ammendment as written doesn't hold water as a right to bear arms.

I say the last part of the 2nd Amendment......The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed is pretty much end of story for those who want to protect themselves/family/friends.

I say the last part of the 2nd Amendment......The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed is pretty much end of story for those who want to protect themselves/family/friends.

The US Supreme court has said that the second clause of the 2nd Amendment stands alone and is not modified or limited by any other part of the Constitution. End of story. The 2nd Amendment as written applies to and limits the powers of the federal government. The 14th Amendment extends the prohibitions in the Bill of Rights to the states. It's really very simple. People need to stop trying to make it complicated.

The US Supreme court has said that the second clause of the 2nd Amendment stands alone and is not modified or limited by any other part of the Constitution. End of story. The 2nd Amendment as written applies to and limits the powers of the federal government. The 14th Amendment extends the prohibitions in the Bill of Rights to the states. It's really very simple. People need to stop trying to make it complicated.

The entire Bill of Rights had one purpose.. to enumerate SOME of our most important liberties, (there are more) and to place restrictions on the powers of government

Your failure, is not my problem (somewhat kidding, but not really.)

http://deadguyquotes.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/milita-act-of-1903-transcribed.pdf

There is a specific quotation of the law as it actually exists. I did a search and 1917 militia laws don't even exist. I got the date wrong, oh, well.

I'm not seeing anywhere where this doesn't apply specifically to foreign invasion. A fantasy in 2012 which doesn't actually exist.

ANYONE between 18-45? How about convicted serial rapists out on early release?

How about serial arsonists? How about gang-bangers who are also citizens? (They are the majority).

Oh, the law doesn't mention them, so they're OK?

And for what purpose would this militia be called out (Which can only be done by the evull POTUS BTW)

the law actually petty clearly calls it out, including to QUELL CIVIL UNREST.

Again, I see no need for an unorganized militia. I see every need in the world for an organized state militia, as has existed since the constitution was ratified. The notion of the unorganized militia was adopted to get us ready for a DRAFT, which I see as both unconstitutional and basically immoral.

That was the entire principle behind the law I've I've just cited. It was written in horror of what happened when for the first time since 1860 we had to raise really large numbers of troops.

ANYTHING to do with a DRAFT, is in my mind both unconstitutional AND immoral. Anything that has to do with civil defense is EASILY and without controversy, adopted.

Envisiosining every able bodied male between 18 and 45 as an unorganized militia is merely setting the stage for conscription. In which case, how many of us would answer in the case of true federal tyranny? I would hope, few or none.

You can trope on a century old, non-enforced, BS law meant for an entirely different purpose than you're pretending all you want. That FACTS are that "militia" has NOTHING to do with the PEOPLE'S right to keep and bear arms.

Those are two entiely different things. And I'd LOVE for you to mention all of the groupss associated with the militia movement that AREN'T mentioned as Anti-semitic, hate groups or anti-government in the same sentence as the ones that ARE. Because you will find that the latter are FAR more numerous than the ones in the former.

I don't NEED a "militia" to organize my neighborhood. In a great emergency, organizing ourselves would pose the LEAST amount of problems.

So again, What are these "militia" groups, who HAVE NOT been called upon by federal authority AS THE LAW REQUIRES, supposed to exist for?

They exist for anti-government or racist hate, for the most part. And that's exactly what I've seen in favor of them here, (you ansd some others excluded, so please don't take offense to things I never said about you).

I think this is an extremely misguided effort that will inevitably degenerate into some wackjob group and want nothing to do with it.

YOU claim that such a group already exists under a code that has NEVER ONCE been enforced in the 109 years it's existed. (Who was the last 45 year-old you PERSONALLY knew who was drafted?)

This was a CONSCRIPTION LAW, not a law designed to have various groups of people with ten thousand different ideals and interests, armed, in the woods training for the Zombie Apocalypse.

That "quote" never happened. It's a complete fabrication. Look it up.

We will never be invaded because we have FING ICBMS.

Not to mention a supply-line thousands of miles long. "Amateurs study tactics, professionals look to logistics." -Van Creveld.

So lets look to REAL reasons why in 2012, anyone is talking about "unorganized militias."

It's not for natural disasters, we have the NG and the NG for that, not to mention FEMA and the state government.

So for what possible reason in 2012, is anyone talking about this stuff except for anti-government or racist zealots?

And if you're SERIOUSLY anti-government, why are you STUPID enough to be doing so on an open forum like this? -Unless you have a desire for federal prison?

Otherwise you're a wanna-be reject from the army, a racist idiot with delusions of invulnerability or an anti-government wannabe too stupid to grasp that this is the LAST place you would want to be talking about your nonsense.

Jesus people, grow up and smell the coffee. If the the EEVUL .GOV is about to put us all in FEMA camps, then you'd best figure out a HELL of a lot less public place to do your recruiting.

If not, then you're all a bunch of tinfoil hat-wearing nincompoops talking about playing army men in the woods with real guns like you're still 10-years-old.

For any other possible need, you're wasting your time. Our state governments have it well in hand and the federal government has what is beyond our state's capability well in hand. In not ONE of these threads have I seen a critique of the WA NG's response plan. NOT ONE. Put up or shut up.

Well said.

That "quote" never happened. It's a complete fabrication. Look it up.

We will never be invaded because we have FING ICBMS.

Not to mention a supply-line thousands of miles long. "Amateurs study tactics, professionals look to logistics." -Van Creveld.

So lets look to REAL reasons why in 2012, anyone is talking about "unorganized militias."

It's not for natural disasters, we have the NG and the NG for that, not to mention FEMA and the state government.

And if you're SERIOUSLY anti-government, why are you STUPID enough to be doing so on an open forum like this? -Unless you have a desire for federal prison?

Otherwise you're a wanna-be reject from the army, a racist idiot with delusions of invulnerability or an anti-government wannabe too stupid to grasp that this is the LAST place you would want to be talking about your nonsense.

Jesus people, grow up and smell the coffee. If the the EEVUL .GOV is about to put us all in FEMA camps, then you'd best figure out a HELL of a lot less public place to do your recruiting.

If not, then you're all a bunch of tinfoil hat-wearing nincompoops talking about playing army men in the woods with real guns like you're still 10-years-old.

For any other possible need, you're wasting your time. Our state governments have it well in hand and the federal government has what is beyond our state's capability well in hand.
In not ONE of these threads have I seen a critique of the WA NG's response plan. NOT ONE. Put up or shut up.

Your kidding right:s0140::s0064:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads