JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm cleaning my AR-15 5.56 and I'm using the Otis Tactical kit. I spaced it and tried running the large patch through instead of the smaller patch. It went through no problem with no oil and with oil got stuck right at the opening of the barrel nearest to the carier. My options are go buy a cleaning rod and push it back, soak in oil and just pull harder, or maybe and only maybe take a BBQ lighter and burn the swab out. What are your thoughts?

Welding supply shops have brass brazing rod in stock that are just the right diameter and won't mar the bore.
The guy in the welding shop I went to just walked over to a shelf and handed me one and said "Here, it's on the house".

Last Edited:
So I tried training bole weevles but they all escaped. I then tried throwing the entire barrel on the BBQ. There was a rich smiley flavor when I was done. After that I tried training earth worms to crawl in the barrel but the worms were 229 and not .223 so I worked them out to lean them up but they got into my whey protein and now are .308. But seriously I went to Walmart and bought a fixed solid rod and pushed it back through. It was only $5.00 and it worked. Now all my firearms are clean and happy. Thanks again everyone!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top