JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To me the "tattoo'd are lowlife deadbeats" is not much different than "Gun owners are all violent nut jobs"

Some of the finest folks I've known had extensive tattoos - some of the worst I've known didn't have any. Always best to get to know each person, regardless of hair, tats, height, color or, in my case, astonishingly and disarmingly good looks.

When you're as great as me, it's hard to be humble :cool:

I'm white on the left side myself. :rolleyes:

letthatbeyourlastbattlefieldhd1313.jpg

Pop had a rental in Camas and the renters were trashing it really bad. He finally went through the whole process and had them evicted. Months later he had finished up a fixer in salmon Creek and decided to save money and rent it out on his own again. Wound up renting it to the same family he had evicted from Camas. House was destroyed and an old buss left on the site when they were finally evicted again. Wasn't long after that he sold off everything and gave up rentals.

Some of the finest folks I've known had extensive tattoos - some of the worst I've known didn't have any. Always best to get to know each person, regardless of hair, tats, height, color or, in my case, astonishingly and disarmingly good looks.

When you're as great as me, it's hard to be humble :cool:

Hillary Clinton doesn't have any tattoos (that we know about) and neither does Donald Trump. :eek:

well, according to the internet I have 25 times as much invested in tattoo's as the average person my age has invested in a retirement account.

That is actually far scarier than I expected.

I have a friend who is the smartest, most articulate, considerate and kind person I know. He also looks like a monster! Face tattoos, dreadlocks, piercings, he basically looks like a cross between a mad max villain and an Orc. He'll debate me under the table anytime we have a conversation about philosophy, politics, etc...
He used to be a pretty hardcore scumbag though...
My family owns and rents out commercial property, it's pretty easy and low key compared to renting residential property, unless a tenant goes bankrupt and has to break their lease (which has only happened a couple times, thank goodness). residential property just seems like too much of a headache. And our buildings are over 30 years old so I have enough on my plate keeping them maintaned and watertight, anyway.

I totally judge people based on tattoos. Not if they have them or not, but the quality and content. Misspelled words and tear drops that look like they were applied with a sharpened toothbrush and an ink pen, I'll be hesitant to trust you and question your judgment . Normal people with non jailhouse tattoos are so prevalent these days I can't imagine discriminating against them because of that.

I have no tattoos, piercings, I am well dressed, handsome, very well groomed, very fit, friendly, polite, and well spoken.

People immediately trust me.

Poor SOBs...

View attachment 311323

What do you mean you wouldn't rent to this guy? He's high class, it says Gucci right on his forehead.

I see these guys and I'm just sort of mesmerized by the commitment and belligerent announcement to the world: "Be assured I will not be contributing anything to this society, but you can bet I'll still be eating and consuming and needing a roof over my head..."

I'm not into reading books by their covers, and I'm perfectly aware that even guys this fringe occasionally come back and become productive members of society... but unlike some other stuff for which we can't make assumptions - in this case, it's a pretty fair assumption. 99 out of 100 guys who go that deep aren't ever coming back up.

I see these guys and I'm just sort of mesmerized by the commitment and belligerent announcement to the world: "Be assured I will not be contributing anything to this society, but you can bet I'll still be eating and consuming and needing a roof over my head..."

I'm not into reading books by their covers, and I'm perfectly aware that even guys this fringe occasionally come back and become productive members of society... but unlike some other stuff for which we can't make assumptions - in this case, it's a pretty fair assumption. 99 out of 100 guys who go that deep aren't ever coming back up.

Funny you should mention...

Bloods gang member arrested after traffic stop in Fresno

I always marked the rental applications numerically and starting with the number "7". That way I could tell the first person that showed up, there were six people ahead of them that I hadn't processed yet.
That way the couldn't force me to accept them because they were the first ones in the door.

My brother had a rental house in Kailua HI, an upscale neighborhood. A lady showed up to look at the house driving a new Mercedes, dressed well and wearing expensive jewelry. She told him she had procrastinated and needed to move the next day. She wrote him a check for the rent and deposit. She moved in the next day before he could run credit/background checks.
Her checks bounced. To make a long story short, this was her MO. The car was borrowed. She and her three teenage sons moved in knowing that it would take months in Hawaii for my brother to have her evicted by the court. When he went over to talk to her about the checks bouncing, she called the police on him for being on the property. She knew exactly how to work the system and live for free. And they trashed the house. My brother said, enough, and sold it after he repaired the damage.

I am sure she simply moved on to her next victim for another six months of free rent.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top