JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Photo of our village taken last year by a travelling photographist. Mrs tac and I and twenty-six members of our close family live in the first hut on the right. We pay the lord of the manor fippence-bippence [per male] or a scrote and a snidge [wimmin and childers under fourteen] per person every sennight, or work forty-eight hours a day for three weeks without a break every week till the feast of St. Flarp the Needy or Shrive Friday, whichever comes first in lieu of money.

View attachment 311075

We are the only family group rich enough to afford to rent a door, which we have completely for our use every Monday afternoon, by chance the day that the itinerant photographist came.

We do not figure on any UNESCO graph, being to poor to actually be able to afford to live and thus get noticed. We are WAAAAY too poor even to be considered poverty-stricken. In fact, over the years many of us have run away to refugee camps in the horn of Africa to improve our lot.

You must therefore forgive me if I view all this chest-pounding by some posters and their mega-millions and so on with a somewhat jaundiced eyeball.

tac

Some of you Brits sure talk funny. :p (I hope I wasn't offensive in using the term "Brit". Seems there is an extra amount of offence being taken just lately.)

I'm not a Brit. And I'm not rich, either, except in friends, in which case, I'm a millionaire.

And I DO enjoy playing with words. After all, I have a choice of six languages with which to do it.

tac

I always get a good look inside of any prospective tenants vehicle. If it's a mess inside I don't rent to them. If they can't keep their car clean, they are going to be trouble.

See the thing is Bushman you are bragging about what you do, I am simply trying to establish that a guy with tattoo's is not automatically a deadbeat and can have a few things. I am not rich, I am a working man who works hard and has been able to build a comfortable life despite being someone you evidently would look down on as a deadbeat. I do have a farm in Idaho I inherited but I still own it so its not changed the amount of cash I was able to earn on my own, and I didn't mention it Everything else I have I earned with my own two hands.

If you want to pigeon hole and talk down to people and then ridicule them for no reason you are not a friend I need to make in any case.

I guess he wouldn't like me either. I'm a former redhead now gone bald, Jewish AND half-Irish. I don't have any tats, but I DO have eyeglasses and hearing aids on account of a few big bangs in my vicinity and a lifetime of noisy jets and choppers, as well as lots and lots of ammunition.

Add to that that I'm a dang furriner, too, and you have an object of hate on [shaky] legs just walking around asking for trouble simply by being here at all, polluting the air and thieving all that precious oxygen.

Well, dang me, eh?

tac, sorry for being here.

I always get a good look inside of any prospective tenants vehicle. If it's a mess inside I don't rent to them. If they can't keep their car clean, they are going to be trouble.
The owner of Ikea drives a 35 year old Volvo that's not the most kempt thing in the world.
The bugger can sure make and keep a dollar though.

I never ran a BG check, just used my gut feelings after talking to them and as stated before, looking at the condition inside their car.
Property values are real high right now, so maybe it would be best if you sold the rental properties and invested in something else.

Well, I am covered in tattoo's. Full sleeves, hands, neck. Full meal deal. I just bought a house in Idaho, cash (as in no mortgage, paid in full) I still have a $450K home here in Seattle. I just bought my wife a new $40K pickup and still have enough green cash in my pocket to buy another one if I wanted.

Tattoo's don't mean you're a deadbeat, being a deadbeat means your a deadbeat.

You can tell a lot about a person by sitting down and talking to them for 20 minutes, far more than you can buy what they look like.

In 1983 my dad went in to buy my step mom a new car. He had just got off work (he owns a fab shop) and didn't make it into the dealer till around closing time. The night before him and my step mom had gone over and looked at them, they had the one they wanted picked out.

When he walked into the dealership there were a bunch of salesmen sitting around at a table BSing. When my dad walked in he stood there for a minute until finally one of them ask if he needed anything. He said, "yeah, I want to buy a car" The salesmen all chuckled and and said "Hey Jimmy! This guy wants to buy a car!" Jimmy started that day, had never sold a car before. He walked up to my dad, still right in front of all the other salesman and said "So you would like to buy a car?" My dad said "Yep, the gray one, how do you want the check made out?" All the other salesman stopped laughing.....
Literally the start of a pissing contest.

Literally the start of a pissing contest.

How else does a guy say "hey I am covered in tattoo's and not a deadbeat" I am not calling him out, I am not saying "I have more than you" There is nothing about anything I said there that is inflammatory or challenging. Its just a statement. I am covered in tattoo's, I own a business and make money and have assets To wit I am not a deadbeat.

Further more I don't even think it was the OP who started the whole "deadbeat tattoo'd" thing going. I was not even really addressing him in my post.

What ever, I got nothing more I need to say. Not the first people who have made up their mind who I am without knowing a damn thing.

Last Edited:
After witnessing what my dad went through with renters I knew I would never rent out any property - just too much hassle. I have enough problems getting "friends" and relatives to pay back money I loaned them (including money for rent and tuition) - I just don't loan any money anymore - I would be a terrible landlord and with my luck all of my tenants would be deadbeats and trash the property.

Good luck getting rid of them.

The owner of Ikea drives a 35 year old Volvo that's not the most kempt thing in the world.
The bugger can sure make and keep a dollar though.

Most landlords worry about the $ now, IE: rent due every month. I worry about how much I will lose while I fix the place after they move out and trash it. The owner of my company rented out his 5,000 SqFt place in Battle Ground to two executives at $3,500 a month. He even let the wife drive his newer BMW 7 series when her car was totaled in an accident until she could replace it. When they moved out they stole about 20k in personal property that he had left for them to use, wrecked the car and trashed the house as they had kids as well. He took them to court and won and then proceeded to have a Clark County sheriff he knows arrest the wife and force her to take them to a storage until to re-claim his stuff. She sat in the back of the police cruiser while my boss collected his belongings. Mind you, these folks made a combined 300k a year so they and the owner of Ikea can have all the money in the world and still be bad tenants in my book.

My father-in-law owns 10 rentals in Portland. I have known him for 18 years and he collects his rent at the door every month. He includes in the rental contract that he will collect at the door on the 1st-5th and inspect the property at the same time. I have gone on those inspections and it has saved him thousands over the years. One tenant was avoiding him for a few months and went as far as tracking down his place of employment to deliver the rent. He posted a 24-hour inspection notice after not seeing the inside for a few months. BIG mistake! The tenant had 3 additional people living there along with all of their stuff and they (the new people) were not as kind to the home as the tenants were. In my, and others experience, you have to ride them hard to make sure that they don't trash your investment.

How else does a guy say "hey I am covered in tattoo's and not a deadbeat" I am not calling him out, I am not saying "I have more than you" There is nothing about anything I said there that is inflammatory or challenging. Its just a statement. I am covered in tattoo's, I own a business and make money and have assets To wit I am not a deadbeat.

Trump owns multiple businesses, has assets, makes money - and he is a deadbeat multiple times over.

Tattoos, assets, whatever, don't make a person bad or good - it is their actions that show their true character.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top