JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a few rental properties. Last month I had a new tenant move in and they have been nothing but problems. Made a false claim of bed bugs and an inspector (at my expense) found not even evidence of bed bug poop, which apparently is hard to get rid of.

They cop an attitude accusing me of knowing of bed bugs merely because I asked where they had seen them so I could come inspect, after they reported them. Even though none were found. Not even eggs or evidence of their poop.

Now they paid late and are being held accountable via late fees as per lease after multiple days of following up with them via email. All of a sudden the husband starts asking for another pest inspector, etc. They also claimed they overpaid when they signed the lease even though the receipt says otherwise, and they actually got change for overpaying, I helped these losers move in a little bit (they were living in a motel, just cars with stuff).

I luckily have these losers on a month to month lease, and will ding their credit and references at the end of the month when they move out, as I served them a notice to vacate by the end of the month. I looked past their appearance with the long dreads and tattoos everywhere on their necks and faces, gave them a chance, and here we are. Many years as a landlord with multiple properties and I have these clowns just a constant thorn in my side for made up issues when they pay rent late. Worst tenants I've ever had.

For those considering becoming a landlord. Think again. I screened the crap out of these people, background, credit, everything. Thing is, current landlords, myself included will give good references to scum like this a good reference, as most people will elect to stay against your will if they can't find a place to stay due to a bad reference. Thing is, everyone will need a reference again sooner or later. My last dead beat tenants got a good reference to move out, but got a bad reference 11 months later when they had to move again. Pretty sure they didn't get the new rental house this time. Between damage, unauthorized tenants, pit bulls that were unauthorized pets (no dogs), cancelled insurance policies due to their behavior, etc. I had to give them up.

Last Edited:
Probably meth addled.. most a them scumbags are always scratching at their imaginary bugs.
Just hope they don't see the blessed mother of mold on a wall and start coughing. lol
good luck

Property owner, best to judge a book by its cover!
And, no! I don't care a lick about the deliberately poor! Dreads, tats, a grill full of metal! Too bad! You're choice, punk!
That's too bad, Bushman! Good luck getting rid of them!

I think a drug test would be legal to require like a BG check. I've considered having rental properties but headaches like this are one huge reason I haven't yet.

They moved into my house from a motel after moving from out of state, allegedly. The out of state part checked out on their BG check. But no evidence of bed bugs when I lived there, none from other tenants, and an inspector found not even eggs or poop evidence after they complained that their daughters were bit.

I asked where they saw the bugs so I could come inspect, and they accused me of knowing of an infestation because of that question. Too bad for them the inspector found no evidence. Then when they pay rent late and I charge them late fees, they demand another inspector and come up with all kinds of issues hours after my email holding them accountable.

I'm really going to enjoy ruining these maggots already bad credit with an eviction. Good luck finding anything other than a van to live in, where you belong.

Well, I am covered in tattoo's. Full sleeves, hands, neck. Full meal deal. I just bought a house in Idaho, cash (as in no mortgage, paid in full) I still have a $450K home here in Seattle. I just bought my wife a new $40K pickup and still have enough green cash in my pocket to buy another one if I wanted.

Tattoo's don't mean you're a deadbeat, being a deadbeat means your a deadbeat.

You can tell a lot about a person by sitting down and talking to them for 20 minutes, far more than you can buy what they look like.

In 1983 my dad went in to buy my step mom a new car. He had just got off work (he owns a fab shop) and didn't make it into the dealer till around closing time. The night before him and my step mom had gone over and looked at them, they had the one they wanted picked out.

When he walked into the dealership there were a bunch of salesmen sitting around at a table BSing. When my dad walked in he stood there for a minute until finally one of them ask if he needed anything. He said, "yeah, I want to buy a car" The salesmen all chuckled and and said "Hey Jimmy! This guy wants to buy a car!" Jimmy started that day, had never sold a car before. He walked up to my dad, still right in front of all the other salesman and said "So you would like to buy a car?" My dad said "Yep, the gray one, how do you want the check made out?" All the other salesman stopped laughing.....

Probably meth addled.. most a them scumbags are always scratching at their imaginary bugs.
Just hope they don't see the blessed mother of mold on a wall and start coughing. lol
good luck

The husband is just an outright liar. He also seems to remember everything in his favor, right after I enforce a late fee for non/late payment of rent. Funny thing is the evidence always points to the contrary, leases, receipts, VIDEO FROM MY BODY CAM from the inspection. That's right, COPS have body cams, so do I, and I get permission before I record to make sure it's legal.

Just really dumbfounded that people out there are really this dishonest AND dumb. Goes to show you there are people out there who will stop at nothing to steal their way to prosperity.

Well, I am covered in tattoo's. Full sleeves, hands, neck. Full meal deal. I just bought a house in Idaho, cash (as in no mortgage, paid in full) I still have a $450K home here in Seattle. I just bought my wife a new $40K pickup and still have enough green cash in my pocket to buy another one if I wanted.

You can tell a lot about a person by sitting down and talking to them for 20 minutes, far more than you can buy what they look like.

In 1983 my dad went in to buy my step mom a new car. He had just got off work (he owns a fab shop) and didn't make it into the dealer till around closing time. The night before him and my step mom had gone over and looked at them, they had the one they wanted picked out.

When he walked into the dealership there were a bunch of salesmen sitting around at a table BSing. When my dad walked in he stood there for a minute until finally one of them ask if he needed anything. He said, "yeah, I want to buy a car" The salesmen all chuckled and and said "Hey Jimmy! This guy wants to buy a car!" Jimmy started that day, had never sold a car before. He walked up to my dad, still right in front of all the other salesman and said "So you would like to buy a car?" My dad said "Yep, the gray one, how do you want the check made out?" All the other salesman stopped laughing.....

Sorry, but Idaho isn't exactly known for high priced real estate, anyone can buy a house there in cash, especially a two income household. I am a single guy. I paid cash for my first house in SEATTLE in my mid twenties, it's one of millions in real estate I own. And unlike other people in their twenties (at the time) I didn't live with mom and dad or borrow from the bank of mom and dad. I stood on my own two feet since 18, got a high paying job, put myself through school, etc. How old are you? I ask because your story doesn't exactly make you the bastion of success just because you bought a house in cash in Idaho and one mortgaged house near Seattle, especially if you are up there in age and got a lot of help along the way like most people. :rolleyes:

That's what I meant... :D

I know plenty of tatted and modded dudes who are responsible, have skills, and are cool as hell, but they don't live out of a car, and don't have bad credit... that's my angle. ;)

I have had some great tenants vanish...o_O

The strangest one was a family of four. It appeared that they had made dinner, but had not finished eating it or cleaning the pans. When :eek: "POOF"...gone:confused:

The closets were full of their clothing and their luggage, pantry was stocked, tv on, stereo, kitchen appliances, kids toys, lawn mower etc..you get the idea...everything remained at the house...except for their car.

They always paid their rent on time.:oops:

Hope your tenants straighten up...or vanish.:rolleyes:

Ever find out what happened to them? Did you send them a deposit refund for any portion? I ask because that is very creepy. Who would just up and leave like that? Almost seems like foul play.

most, not all, car salesmen are DBags anyway. nothings changed.

I like going into a dealership and paying cash. In $20 bills. 30k worth in a brown paper bag. All covered in white flour residue.

The looks and the thoughts I get, classic :D
Not to mention they are PO'd because they have to "count it":p

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top