JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry, but Idaho isn't exactly known for high priced real estate, anyone can buy a house there in cash, especially a two income household. I am a single guy. I paid cash for my first house in SEATTLE in my mid twenties, it's one of millions in real estate I own. And unlike other people in their twenties (at the time) I didn't live with mom and dad or borrow from the bank of mom and dad. I stood on my own two feet since 18, got a high paying job, put myself through school, etc. How old are you? I ask because your story doesn't exactly make you the bastion of success just because you bought a house in cash in Idaho and one mortgaged house near Seattle, especially if you are up there in age and got a lot of help along the way like most people. :rolleyes:

What does what you have have to do with it? Are we having a pissing contest now?

I am 45, The house I just bought in Idaho was my 8th. I bought my first one at 19.

The house I just bought in Idaho was not expensive by Washington standards, About a $100K But if you think "anyone" can just write a $100K check I think you are a little delusional. But none of that is the point. The point is tattoo's dont make you a deadbeat

I can guarantee you my net worth exceeds the average non tattooed guy by a considerable amount, of any age

Last Edited:
Well, I am covered in tattoo's. Full sleeves, hands, neck. Full meal deal. I just bought a house in Idaho, cash (as in no mortgage, paid in full) I still have a $450K home here in Seattle. I just bought my wife a new $40K pickup and still have enough green cash in my pocket to buy another one if I wanted.

Tattoo's don't mean you're a deadbeat, being a deadbeat means your a deadbeat.

You can tell a lot about a person by sitting down and talking to them for 20 minutes, far more than you can buy what they look like.

In 1983 my dad went in to buy my step mom a new car. He had just got off work (he owns a fab shop) and didn't make it into the dealer till around closing time. The night before him and my step mom had gone over and looked at them, they had the one they wanted picked out.

When he walked into the dealership there were a bunch of salesmen sitting around at a table BSing. When my dad walked in he stood there for a minute until finally one of them ask if he needed anything. He said, "yeah, I want to buy a car" The salesmen all chuckled and and said "Hey Jimmy! This guy wants to buy a car!" Jimmy started that day, had never sold a car before. He walked up to my dad, still right in front of all the other salesman and said "So you would like to buy a car?" My dad said "Yep, the gray one, how do you want the check made out?" All the other salesman stopped laughing.....

I too am covered in tats. Maybe LOOK like a bubblegum bag but am not. Like you said, spend 20min with me and you'll know....Married with a wife who's about to graduate nursing school top of her class and a great job. As of 1 1/2 year ago I'll hopefully never have to go through the trouble of trying to explain myself to a landlord ever again. You can usually tell bubblegum bags in 20-30min of conversation. I'm not a bubblegum bag......Try showing up to a symphony orchestra rehearsal looking like I do.....Yeah, people's minds change quickly.....

I have a few rental properties. Last month I had a new tenant move in and they have been nothing but problems. Made a false claim of bed bugs and an inspector (at my expense) found not even evidence of bed bug poop, which apparently is hard to get rid of.

They cop an attitude accusing me of knowing of bed bugs merely because I asked where they had seen them so I could come inspect, after they reported them. Even though none were found. Not even eggs or evidence of their poop.

Now they paid late and are being held accountable via late fees as per lease after multiple days of following up with them via email. All of a sudden the husband starts asking for another pest inspector, etc. They also claimed they overpaid when they signed the lease even though the receipt says otherwise, and they actually got change for overpaying, I helped these losers move in a little bit (they were living in a motel, just cars with stuff).

I luckily have these losers on a month to month lease, and will ding their credit and references at the end of the month when they move out, as I served them a notice to vacate by the end of the month. I looked past their appearance with the long dreads and tattoos everywhere on their necks and faces, gave them a chance, and here we are. Many years as a landlord with multiple properties and I have these clowns just a constant thorn in my side for made up issues when they pay rent late. Worst tenants I've ever had.

For those considering becoming a landlord. Think again. I screened the crap out of these people, background, credit, everything. Thing is, current landlords, myself included will give good references to scum like this a good reference, as most people will elect to stay against your will if they can't find a place to stay due to a bad reference. Thing is, everyone will need a reference again sooner or later. My last dead beat tenants got a good reference to move out, but got a bad reference 11 months later when they had to move again. Pretty sure they didn't get the new rental house this time. Between damage, unauthorized tenants, pit bulls that were unauthorized pets (no dogs), cancelled insurance policies due to their behavior, etc. I had to give them up.

Serve them eviction papers before the 10th - WA requires a 20 day notice.

Serve them eviction papers before the 10th - WA requires a 20 day notice.
They got 20+ days notice hours ago. I just know with these people it's going to be trouble getting them out. Luckily on a mtm lease so that's all it takes, my choice, no justification or proof of lease violation needed.

BTW, I just got the first of their unpaid utility bills. Last tenant left me with $400. Suffice it to say she lost her deposit and then some. After I rented $400 a month below market for years...Damage, etc.

Unfortunately that is part of being a landlord. Fortunately for me, I have never had bad tenants.
I think it helps that I have rentals in a high demand area and I charge a fair amount of rent for them, and I charge a month's rent as a deposit. Those that are scums generally don't come and look because they know they can't afford the rent and the deposit.

I too am covered in tats. Maybe LOOK like a bubblegum bag but am not. Like you said, spend 20min with me and you'll know....Married with a wife who's about to graduate nursing school top of her class and a great job. As of 1 1/2 year ago I'll hopefully never have to go through the trouble of trying to explain myself to a landlord ever again. You can usually tell bubblegum bags in 20-30min of conversation. I'm not a bubblegum bag......Try showing up to a symphony orchestra rehearsal looking like I do.....Yeah, people's minds change quickly.....

You were the one that brought up your "cash" house in Idaho and your 400+k "house" in Seattle as justification for your tattoos. You thump your chest then cry about a pissing contest when you get owned? Seriously? Lol...

Eight houses owned now? More like bought in a lifetime. Or are you going to thump harder and change your story now? You tried to whip it out and got out done. Whoopty do, you bought a house in Idaho with cash at 45 probably from an inheritance or family money just like I mentioned. I bought many in cash in King County in my twenties. I can drop a few houses in cash in Idaho on a whim despite owning multiple concurrently now, have no tattoos, and will never rent to anyone with them all over their neck, arms, face and hands again, combined with dreads especially.

The reality is if it walks like a duck, etc. it probably is. Sure, it could be a chicken, but the exception, not the rule.

This really struck a nerve with me thinkin about how we've been treated as renters in the past. You don't KNOW me... Give me 20min... See if my story checks out... last rental I was in, we were there for 10 freakin years. Our bubblegum neighbor said all kinds of bubblegum about us. (He's dead now thank god) Well guess what, my landlord always had free tickets to my concerts and came and watched me shoot competitively. He knew I wasn't a bubblegum bag at that point....After the first couple years when SWAT raided our house and the lawyers got involved he really saw who the real bubblegum bags were......not us......I just have to end this by saying DON'T judge a book by its cover. BTW my old landlord wishes he had sold his property to us not "them".......we're still friends, he's a good old dude.....

You were the one that brought up your "cash" house in Idaho and your 400+k "house" in Seattle as justification for your tattoos. You thump your chest then cry about a pissing contest when you get owned? Seriously? Lol...

Eight houses owned now? More like bought in a lifetime. Or are you going to thump harder and change your story now? You tried to whip it out and got out done. Whoopty do, you bought a house in Idaho with cash at 45 probably from an inheritance or family money just like I mentioned. I bought many in cash in King County in my twenties. I can drop a few houses in cash in Idaho on a whim despite owning multiple concurrently now, have no tattoos, and will never rent to anyone with them all over their neck, arms, face and hands again, combined with dreads especially.

The reality is if it walks like a duck, etc. it probably is. Sure, it could be a chicken, but the exception, not the rule.

You got the wrong guy bro better check the previous posts.....

Now your sitting here running your suckhole??? Seriously?

Have you seen the work Ironmonster does?!
That guy is a freakin artist of Iron.

If anyone has talent and hard work it's him. I wouldn't tell him he's hasn't done anything.

And his collection of arms is impressive.

Settle down guys!:) IronMonster, we old members know you are prosperous, and a decent man!
Difference is, Dreads AND tats AND metal face AND wants to rent! Tattoos are ubiquitous in today's society! Them alone wouldn't send up alarms! But, I truly detest dreadlocks! Filthy things, just my opinion, but my strong opinion! And, I don't need to talk to anyone that I don't care to, twenty minutes or at all! These folks are under no compulsion to conform, and I'm under none to deal with them, except to hold my breath 'till that nasty hairball is out of smelling distance! Frankly and simply no skin off my azz, if they don't get what they are seeking from me!
I'm sorry if I've offended anyone here with my opinions! But, that said "I yam what I yam, and that's all that I yam!"

I don't have time for people who manufacture drama as a pastime. I'm outta here.

That's what I meant... :D

I know plenty of tatted and modded dudes who are responsible, have skills, and are cool as hell, but they don't live out of a car, and don't have bad credit... that's my angle. ;)

Yea, I need to work on my credit, I have a decent amount of cash in the bank but I havn't had a CC in years. (don't need it, I have cash)

I don't have tattoos or "mods".

I sometimes live out of my car when traveling, because I'm cheap and don't like paying for motels.

At the moment I've got the opposite problem, my landlord has filled up the parking lot with conex containers, and I can't drive my car up to my door because the gates are blocked. He keeps saying he's going to get a welder by to fix the gates, but it's been 2 months. Really pissed off about it.

You really don't have a clue who you're talking about. Ironmonster has been around here for a while and most of us know who he is and what he does. It might help you to get to know someone here before you start trashing them like that.

You're a special guy. I bet a lot of people want to be you. :rolleyes:

Photo of our village taken last year by a travelling photographist. Mrs tac and I and twenty-six members of our close family live in the first hut on the right. We pay the lord of the manor fippence-bippence [per male] or a scrote and a snidge [wimmin and childers under fourteen] per person every sennight, or work forty-eight hours a day for three weeks without a break every week till the feast of St. Flarp the Needy or Shrive Friday, whichever comes first in lieu of money.

980325g.jpg

We are the only family group rich enough to afford to rent a door, which we have completely for our use every Monday afternoon, by chance the day that the itinerant photographist came.

We do not figure on any UNESCO graph, being to poor to actually be able to afford to live and thus get noticed. We are WAAAAY too poor even to be considered poverty-stricken. In fact, over the years many of us have run away to refugee camps in the horn of Africa to improve our lot.

You must therefore forgive me if I view all this chest-pounding by some posters and their mega-millions and so on with a somewhat jaundiced eyeball.

tac

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads