JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember a case where the parents called the cops because their mentally disturbed son was threatening the family with a gun.
He ran out into the alley when the cops showed up and was surrounded. He held the gun to his own head till all the cops were in place and turned the gun on one of them.
Every cop emptied his gun. 60 some shots were fired, and the idiot was shot 13 times.
The family hired a group of lawyers to find out why their son was not shot in the leg or somewhere non-lethal? Why he was shot so many times when the cops were already aiming at him? and why he had to die when they just wanted the cops to talk to him?
This drug out a good 5 years. and made news once a month or so for all that time.
The link in the original story reminds me of those parents, they have lost their son, their house, their sanity, etc... only to find out their son brought this on himself.

The only thing this counter would answer in the case I remember is who kept shooting after the idiot was already down. but my case was in the 80's or early 90's when cops were trained to keep shooting from when they cleared leather till the action was over. This was in the wonder 9 years.
I don't see any good coming from this. DR

Just an add-on that provides a time stamp and gps location each time the firearm is fired. Helpful during an investigation, possibly. Tracking each shot, nope don't tell you where it landed…
When I saw the headline I thought they were coming up with a way to see where they went. Now that would be interesting if they ever could. Every time I watch one of those video's where several LEO's start firing LOT's of rounds I am left wondering. Where the hell did all those rounds end up? :eek:

Is government too lazy to count these days? How many full magazines did you start with? How many did you end with?
Sesame Street Vampire GIF by Muppet Wiki

When I saw the headline I thought they were coming up with a way to see where they went. Now that would be interesting if they ever could. Every time I watch one of those video's where several LEO's start firing LOT's of rounds I am left wondering. Where the hell did all those rounds end up? :eek:
I believe it is possible with an accelerometer to determine the direction the gun is pointed - both azimuth and angle. It might require that the electronics be calibrated though.

Want a prediction? If they become more common for LE use... how long do you think it will be before states start passing laws requiring all new firearms be equipped with such a device? Bluetooth capable to upload to the cloud of course.

Kalifederation already requires microstamping.. that doesn't even exist. I bet they'll be at the front of the line passing new laws for these.(Which means WA and OR won't be far behind);)

And lets just take it to the next step.

You will be required to qualify for a CHL with such an equipped weapon. Registered on the CHL as the only weapon you can carry. This would mean the device would probably cost you more than the handgun.
114 requires you to live fire under police scrutiny using your weapon already. Perfect opportunity to download your carry Robo-Gun into the "system".
The added expense will be too much for many to pay.
Bingo...they have us with a so-called safety requirement. Reverse logic so we don't see it coming until it's too late.

Boy that sounds like a very effective way to P I SS away multi millions of dollars
And I'll bet they create yet another GUBBERMENT AGENCY to oversee it
Sounds like a job for Hunter Bidingdong

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews