JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Projectile tracking has been available for years…. Not sure how "real-world" effective it will be. :s0153:

1691184899082.jpeg

Sounds like it counts rounds and the day, time and GPS location. I can see where it might aid in an investigation... but it also seems like more fuel to be used against LEO's.

More hindsight info that may be twisted to prosecute officers, IMHO.

Kind of like prosecuting firearm owners involved in a defensive shooting for having received any type of firearms training. A prosecutor will twist "safe handling training" into.... "he was training and just looking for an opportunity to kill".

I can totally see a prosecutor syncing the data with body cams and arguing, "from the time you issued the command to drop his weapon and the time you fired was not sufficient for the average person to hear, process and comply with the order. Firing was premature". Especially in a case where mental ability may be compromised... such as having drank alcohol even hours prior to an incident could leave it open to argue.

There is such as thing as "too much" info, too.

Last Edited:
I really hope it doesn't make LEO's hesitate... not wanting to trigger the device unless absolutely necessary... when the situation really does warrant a mag dump.

Just sayin....

Wouldn't badge cams already fulfil this requirement?
To an extent, but multiple rapid fire shots from multiple officers can muddle the count... I would think... without detailed forensic examination... and doesn't always tell you who fired first or how many rounds were fired by which officer from where.

Theoretically, such a device could use a small sensor to determine the direction the gun was pointing when a shot was fired.

I am not against LEOs being held accountable for each shot, including direction and number of shots. Maybe such a device would provide motivation to practice and train for lethal force.

It all sounds soooo......California.

But then, if every bullet can/could be tracked.......why not?

Hold the Police accountable for the lead pollution. Rrrrright..... Because, we don't want lead polluting the environment. Or do we?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....NOW imagine if.....all bullets were subject to the technology? Not even mentioning the cost. BUT, But, but......it's just another way to F@#^ with the shooting sports industry.

And, it's worth it....

Rrrrright......

Last Edited:
To an extent, but multiple rapid fire shots from multiple officers can muddle the count... I would think... without detailed forensic examination... and doesn't always tell you who fired first or how many rounds were fired by which officer from where.
Does any of that really matter if the perp is DRT?

Does any of that really matter if the perp is DRT?
My question exactly! I understand how it "could" be helpful in an internal investigation to dot all the "i's" and cross all the "t's", but since they are talking all about making that data public record I can certainly see how it could be used as fuel if the perps survivors chose to file a wrongful bodily injury or death claim. All too common these days no matter how hard a perp worked to earn his new holes.

We've done just fine without it for decades, and while accidents are bound to happen, it's highly more likely that if you're on the receiving end of LE gunfire.... you did something to earn it.

I get the point of it, but in this day and age, just about any form of control/scrutiny can and will be used against you. Deserving or not.....

Want a prediction? If they become more common for LE use... how long do you think it will be before states start passing laws requiring all new firearms be equipped with such a device? Bluetooth capable to upload to the cloud of course.

Kalifederation already requires microstamping.. that doesn't even exist. I bet they'll be at the front of the line passing new laws for these.(Which means WA and OR won't be far behind);)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top