JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As mentioned in my intro, i will be travelling to Washington next month for about 2 weeks. I am considering applying for a non-resident carry permit while im there. My main squeeze is from Washington and we travel there occaisionally for her to visit family. I was looking at the process for applying for a non-resident carry permit and had a few questins. It appears to me that the application process is the same as a resident. It mentions that i should be able to go to judt about any law enforcement office to apply. We will be staying primarily in the Mt Vernon area during the visit although a trip to Richland is also being planned.
I have done a little research and thought that maybe the county sheriff in Skagit County might be the most convenient. Just wondering how "gun friendly" this jurisdiction is or if there might be a better choice for applying . Thank you for your time.

I had to make an appointment with sheriff's office and the first opening was in two months for my CPL. Not sure if Skagit County is the same way or if you can walk in. I would call.

As far as 2A friendly just find a sheriff's office East of the Cascades or more than 60 miles from Seattle. This state is not like California however where the issuing agency has discretion, if you pass the background check and pay the fee the license is granted.

I think Utah covers Washington State and you get a whole lot more resip states then with a Washington non resident permit.

I have Washington Resident, pennsylvania non resident, florida non resident, arizona non resident, utah non resident and oregon non resident.

Add them all together the devide the total cost by six it comes out pretty cheap per year and I have carry rights in a lot of states.
Resiprication between states changes all the time. If you travel much get a few different permits from several states.

The SKAGIT county sheriff's office is where you would need to go.
I live in Skagit county .
But I live in the city of ANACORTES.
So I have to go through the ANACORTES P.D.
it took 18 days.
To get my permit.
I would just get a Utah permit
It will work in Washington State.
Where the Washington state permit is basically useless

Washington state use to be Shall Issue for non-residents, have the commies changed these laws recently along with the other long list of gun control legislation passed? It shouldnt matter what county you go to if the laws are still the same. I remember getting an out-of-state permit in Skamania county when I lived in Hood River and the CHL arrived within a week. I was shocked.

I think Utah covers Washington State and you get a whole lot more resip states then with a Washington non resident permit.

I have Washington Resident, pennsylvania non resident, florida non resident, arizona non resident, utah non resident and oregon non resident.

Add them all together the devide the total cost by six it comes out pretty cheap per year and I have carry rights in a lot of states.
Resiprication between states changes all the time. If you travel much get a few different permits from several states.

How was the process for Florida non-resident? It's something I definitely want to get since I travel quite often to the Sunshine state to see my kid

How was the process for Florida non-resident? It's something I definitely want to get since I travel quite often to the Sunshine state to see my kid
I would imagine it's like the Arizona or Utah out of state permit. You meet the requirements, take the class if one is required, send your prints off and let them run their background checks and get your permit a few weeks later. I know in the past it was very popular to get a Florida because it covers a lot of states. But with the sudden anti gun movement there who knows how easy it will be anymore. I think that things have quieted down enough to still be an easy enough process.

it has been 20 years since I applied for and got my CPL for WA state.

However, since my fiance of 20 years found someone new, I'm back in Idaho now.

MY CPL expires in 2021, I wonder if it would be valid in WA until then?

ID is a Consitutional Carry state, but I will be getting some training and
an enhanced permit.

Do we have any other Mccall, Idaho area members?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top