JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oh how lucky you adjacent states are. WA has done it again, news to me.

Washington state is banning certain National Rifle Association insurance policies.

"The NRA promotes insurance plans that cover legal fees for gun owners involved in a shooting. They are marketed as protecting firearm owners who use their gun in self defense, but also include supplementary benefits such as bail payments, criminal defense legal retainer fees, and firearm replacement. The insurance plans are illegal under Washington state law according to state Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler. He's banning firearm liability plans in Washington. He says "what they are doing is insuring people who have committed criminal acts and Washington state law is very specific as says that's an illegal act to insure a criminal activity." 811 people have bought the policies in Washington since 2017, and since then about 200 have already dropped the coverage. Commissioner Kreidler plans to fine Illinois Union Insurance and Lockton Affinity, which sell the plans for the NRA, unless the companies request a hearing. A spokesperson for Lockton Affinity says they have received the state's letter. Lockton Affinity says it "has notified the NRA that it will discontinue providing brokerage services for NRA-endorsed insurance programs", but has not said when."

Last Edited:
Ok what about car insurance? I am pretty sure its illegal to collide into pedestrians or drive off city roads among some other things that happen illegally with cars.

Isn't it considered malpractice if a patient dies under medical care insurance? But nah just the guns because obviously they are only meant for harming people and have 0 other use such as hunting or target practice or competition.

I feel bad for you WA bros I know OR isn't too far behind just waiting for the right incident to seize the moment and glorify a voting measure.

I have not heard about that but with our Increasingly Corrupt Attorney General it doesn't surprise me one bit. He's the one that illegally combined ALL the changes into 1639 even though the State Law says it is supposed to be a Single Change with each initiative. It's not the first time he's pulled this Human Waste Product game with the RCWs!

quote "The policies were sold through the NRA's Carry Guard program and give upfront money to policyholders for covered costs and expenses related to criminal defense for gun owners, even if the insured subsequently pleads guilty to or is convicted of a crime."

The Washington Insurance Commissioners announcement, linked in the OP, contains the explanation of why he considers it illegal. New York and California ruled likewise and got big settlements. The NRA has already stopped offering its Carry Guard self-defense insurance products, and removed all mention of 'insurance' from the Carry Guard website. If the NRA offers an self-defense insurance policy in the future it will, presumably, be more thoroughly vetted by their lawyers the next time around.

It isn't just the NRA insurance that is getting canceled. My liability insurance through the USCCA was canceled as of 08/13/2019. They gave the WA state insurance commission's intention to sue the insurance company as a reason.

It isn't just the NRA insurance that is getting canceled. My liability insurance through the USCCA was canceled as of 08/13/2019. They gave the WA state insurance commission's intention to sue the insurance company as a reason.
USCCA sent me a letter some time back, stating Washtonians are no longer eligible, thanks to our AG.
Yet the USCCA panhandling emails kept coming.
I responded back with a polite, Washtonians are no longer eligible per your previous email notification. TAKE ME OFF YOUR LIST!
The emails continue to come, now wanting me to "join"...."again" which I've saved for the when the class-action comes to light.

Regarding the need for insurance in general, it's just another way to "limit" and take away, to further make the non-felon a felon.

Its too bad the insurance people do not want to spend the money to go to court. Would probably have to go all the way to the Supreme Court to get that ruled unconstitutional, and cost upwards of several million dollars. You can already see how strange the AG reasoning is, but the cost of correcting it is high.

Write this down, take note of it, bookmark this page, do not forget...

When carry liability insurance becomes law as a means of gun control, the gov will be happy to sell you theirs or their buddy's policy and tell you it is perfectly fine and legal now.

The AG is really upset at the Gov. for withdrawing from his run for Pres. He really wanted to be the next Gov. but he's not going to be! As bad of an AG he was it's a bit Scary to think of him as Gov.

If Ferguson thought he was going to be Governor by way of Inslee becoming POTUS, he is more delusional than I thought. Maybe this will show voters what a wack job he is and motivate them to vote him gone.

How can the commissioner proclaim people guilty before their trial is settled? Once again, it will be the tax payer settling the lawsuit when the state loses.

"what they are doing is insuring people who have committed criminal acts and Washington state law is very specific as says that's an illegal act to insure a criminal activity."

I thought the premise was.....

Innocent until proven guilty.

Aloha, Mark

Write this down, take note of it, bookmark this page, do not forget...

When carry liability insurance becomes law as a means of gun control, the gov will be happy to sell you theirs or their buddy's policy and tell you it is perfectly fine and legal now.

When it becomes law, it will provide no benefit to the person who carries. It'll be like a liability-only car insurance policy. Get in a wrecked situation? They'll pay out to the person who assaulted you for their pain etc. For the person who carries though, it will just be a monthly debit to discourage you from protecting yourself.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top