JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Disagree.
The amount of people that flip sides (politically) is equal or favors which side is more popular. Society in general has a slightly natural liberal bias.
Maybe from your personal frame of reference. I mean... people that have spent the majority of their lives in either conservative or liberal communities are likely to feel there is a natural bias that applies to the whole country, but I don't believe that's actually true.

IE., Having lived in a multitude of different states and regions, and travelled many others quite extensively, I would say society in general has a conservative bias. Family values and community are important. A strong natural sense of right and wrong and a desire to want to do right. Personal responsibility and treating others with honesty and fairness. Reaping the benefits of your own labors. The freedom of self determination. "Live and let live" attitudes. Yada, yada....

IE., Having lived in a multitude of different states and regions, and travelled many others quite extensively, I would say society in general has a conservative bias.
Then why is it so difficult and controversial to elect a conservative president?

There's a huge difference between the people in the recent political/social migrations and those who make up the ongoing economic migrations.

It's true that for much more than a decade, there have been a mass of people migrating northward from California because A. CA has been increasingly expensive for employed people, and B. There were increasing job opportunities in OR and WA in fields like IT.

Those are the people who facilitated the wacko bluifications of OR and WA.

Those are also the same people seen in and around Boise that Idahoans have been complaining about for years... but those people have been immigrating to, and trying to change, Idaho for a long time. They are not a new phenomenon.

What you're seeing lately with mass migrations of people fleeing to states like ID is political and cultural. Our country is balkanizing.

People who are coming to ID to save our kids from the increasing state-sponsored threats, or to continue enjoying basic freedoms, are not going to damage the political landscape of ID.

We're not the same as the skittle-head invasion. This is happening all over, and it's going to make for a more "clumpy" red/blue political map. We might make ID more crowded, but we're going help fight off the blue authoritarian nanny state movements, not bring them with us.

For every person that leaves a blue state leaves room for 1 more person to move into.
The problem is when the blue state becomes overpopulated.

Nothing was dont to change the political view.

CA is not overpopulated. I doubt there are many places in the US that are truly overpopulated. People migrated northbound because it made economic sense to them. Their demographics and politics came with them.

Of course, individual people and families did not come to Greater Seattle and Portland (or Boise) to change the politics... That's just one of the net side effects.

My point was that the very recent, large-scale migrations into red states (especially WA+OR --> ID) are definitively political. These are conservatives and and independents, especially Christians, who are straight up fleeing. I am one. I get nothing significant, economically, from the move. I am protecting my family.

We aren't going to have the same political/demographic impact on ID that they have seen from the previous waves of economic immigrants.

People like free sh!I like free chit
I will take as much as they're doling out, but it won't buy my vote. The system is rigged, the GOP is weak as water, we're pretty much doomed in the long run. I'm an OG Kali occupant and have spent years working in Idaho since retiring, 3 months at a time and have many buds and a son in the Panhandle and friends in the Snake River Plateau. It's a great place but I never had to winter over, just an occasional Christmas visit. It's too late in the game to relocate for us and we've managed to persevere Kali's demise from a once decent place, but we live in ag dirt, which is a whole different environment than metro enclaves. With the real property we have we could cash out and move anywhere on the planet, but our grand kids are here, and I have to utilize my assets to their best advantage, or they'll never make it to the reboot, I hope I can stick around long enough to be useful for them. I'm not running, we have to fight the good fight :cool: PAX

Last Edited:
Idaho will be lost. Just as Texas will

These people are parasites. They breed other parasites. We import parasites.

Texas and Idaho are nice prosperous places to live... just like CA was and the rest of the west coast.... or any of our other great cities that have turned to bubblegumholes...

2028 will see TX and ID at least pink in places outside the major cities, which are always blue

Its the natural order of things... if left alone, society will always devolve into moral decay, degeneracy and decadence.... which of course are the underpinnings of leftism.
Like children or animals... if not pushed in the right direction, they will almost always choose poorly.

What will follow Americas collapse will likely be authoritarianism... I just pray its a right wing authoritarianism....

One of our kids lives in ID and it is tempting. The real problem is its not just gun owners moving there. A LOT of the kooks who voted to turn their home into a sewer that have means up and move too. They move to a great place and the first thing they do is set about turning it into the sewer they fled from. So the gun owners in ID if they don't pay attention? Will soon find ID looking a lot like WA. :(

One of our kids lives in ID and it is tempting. The real problem is its not just gun owners moving there. A LOT of the kooks who voted to turn their home into a sewer that have means up and move too. They move to a great place and the first thing they do is set about turning it into the sewer they fled from. So the gun owners in ID if they don't pay attention? Will soon find ID looking a lot like WA. :(
It's a societal cancer.

The Scamdemic was an anomaly. But we did see working at home on the rise which allowed a lot of companies to down size their office space in metro cities. It also allowed them to move their headquarters to less taxed states and still keep workers in their former state. Much of what happened in Seattle back in the late 80's and 90's with the IT industry should not happen in ID.

But we'll probably see is people moving out of cities - but still stay in their state, for jobs. With the closing of companies in the retail industry, many will search for jobs commuting further away yet close enough to still gain higher wages like in CA.

It's when manufacturing companies or those involved in skilled manual labor relocates do political environments change.

Here in MT, folks are flocking in droves to play cowboy/reenact Yellowstone. They're bringing their idea of MT politics with them, not understanding that this state has always been a "live and let live, you do you and I'll do me" kind of place where elected officials were selected based on merit, not party. Instead, they're backing crazy carpetbaggers that want nothing but to privatize the entire state and use it as their personal playground. Those officials are only pro-2A until they're elected, then they quit caring about those single issue voters and focus on their primary goal... getting rid of regular Montanans (the leopards ate my face, yada yada).

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top