JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most of what you mention cannot be solved. Short of some kind of authoritarian socialsim. Which isn't really a great idea.
Perhaps a better statement would be " why not address these issues instead of feeding them with barrels of tax money ". Keeping criminals in jail, and making welfare unattractive aren't the same as going full Khmer Rouge.

Can't wait to watch all the Somali war lords an cartel members go get that permit to purchase on the alien firearms permit because clearly they are gonna follow the laws an pay taxes after sneaking over the border...

Permit to purchase free transactions are probably overrated anyways. Look at all the people who are happy to have a "permit to purchase" for Costco and Bimart.
Not the same thing at all. My God given rights are protected by the constitution are not the same as a retail store charging me a membership fee to access their retail products.

Last Edited:
Can't wait to watch all the Somali war lords an cartel members go get that permit to purchase on the alien firearms permit because clearly they are gonna follow the laws an pay taxes after sneaking over the border...
States are passing laws to swear them in as Police Officers.
You can figure it out from there.

While membership at Costco / Bimart ain't the same thing as a Right....
The idea that folks will pay to play is there for sure.

It ain't a big stretch to see that some people will run with this :
Many states need a permit to conceal carry....
Some states already require a permit / license / require training / etc...to purchase a firearm...
Again not a Right...but you do need a license to legally drive a car....

The above just shows that the idea of needing permission / a permit / a license etc...
Is already here and accepted by many.

Please note that I do not agree that one should be required to get a permit to purchase a firearm.
I am just saying that the idea of many folks thinking that it is a good idea ain't so far fetched.
Andy

Last Edited:

"4. A State may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution. P. 319 U. S. 113. " -related to religious freedom and distribution of religious materials; but should also apply to 2A.

And yet States still impose charges for background checks, licenses/permits to carry, and in some, a purchase permit/license/"safety certificate"

:rolleyes: lawyers in black robes aren't always going to be on our side.

The issue I have with mucking about with any of the Amendments is....
What can be done to one of 'em....means that it can be done to any / all of them...
As well as the seemingly arbitrary and inconsistent rulings regarding the Amendments
Andy

Keyboard masterbation...not enough people willing to do what it takes to handle these tyrants, things aren't bad enough for enough to realize that and by the time they do, it'll already be too late...

"4. A State may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution. P. 319 U. S. 113. " -related to religious freedom and distribution of religious materials; but should also apply to 2A.

And yet States still impose charges for background checks, licenses/permits to carry, and in some, a purchase permit/license/"safety certificate"

Yep and many might be surprised how many gun owners have no problem with CCW permits. I think some feel special to be in that club. Personally I think every Tom, Dick and Harriet should be able to carry without a permit. They should be able to buy without a permit or a background check. No infringement should mean no infringement but that interpretation was lost a long time ago.

Keyboard masterbation...not enough people willing to do what it takes to handle these tyrants, things aren't bad enough for enough to realize that and by the time they do, it'll already be too late...
Ain't that the sad truth. People as a whole, are far too comfortable, content, complacent to do anything beyond talk. Things have to get real bad and people need real pain to wake up but as you surmise, it'd be too late for the majority :(

Sadly as always when things like this come up its all the same. The "rights" we are supposed to have are just a piece of paper. Some black robe can at any time just tell you its no longer a right. After that people have to find another black robe to tell the first one they were wrong. Sadly WAY too many people just don't care until some "right" of theirs gets stepped on. Boy do they get angry then but, its often too late by then. :(

Perhaps a better statement would be " why not address these issues instead of feeding them with barrels of tax money ". Keeping criminals in jail, and making welfare unattractive aren't the same as going full Khmer Rouge.
Yeah I didn't mean killing fields so much as a more extreme welfare state. Which I don't wanna pay for either. Or tolerate.

How does anyone address the mental health thing without spending a ton of dough? 40 years ago conservatives substantially broke up the mental health system. And now we want to bring it back? I'd really love to understand how people expect to address that issue in particular, without the spend a thon. (And no, "let charities and religious organizations handle it" it is not a viable plan.)

40 years ago conservatives substantially broke up the mental health system
Not how it was told or taught to me by people who literally worked in these places. It was all about preserving the Civil rights and "dignity" of those under State care that they were moved out of institutions. The movie One Flew over cuckoo nest helped, and the other one "where's Molly?" About the Fairview mental institute; also brought about the death of institutes for mentally ill and disabled people.

Not how it was told or taught to me by people who literally worked in these places. It was all about preserving the Civil rights and "dignity" of those under State care that they were moved out of institutions. The movie One Flew over cuckoo nest helped, and the other one "where's Molly?" About the Fairview mental institute; also brought about the death of institutes for mentally ill and disabled people.
Don't forget Geraldo.

Generous handouts of free fentanyl would take care of a sizable portion of crazies.

What is it giong to take to get people to take a stand, instead of just complaining about it?
A good start would be to get the people who claim to be conservative, pro 2A but do NOT vote to crawl out from under their rocks and to at least get informed and to vote.

I'm tellin' ya, there are LOTS of these types out there. I know several of them. They beeotsh and criticize this and that and then say they don't vote for this or that reason and sound proud of it.

Last Edited:
With the results of the last legislative session, I had the mistaken idea that maybe the lust for anti-gun legislation had been satisfied for a while. I thought maybe they'd had their fill for a while. Looks like I was very wrong.

If enacted, this will significantly and surely choke off gun sales. There is a practical problem with it. That is, coming up with a sufficient capacity for performing the live fire portion. It might take some time to get that set up and going. This will also add expensive to the purchase process. Maybe Dan Mitchell can come up with some kind of online program? Like reviewing it via smart phone??

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top