JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Wife still shops there and has had a couple good ones with that. While back she has cart full of stuff. Little girl at door lets several others pass and tries to stop her. She just kept walking with the woman now following. She turned and said when you stop those people in front of me you can ask me now get the hell away from me. The woman slunk back to her spot. :D
Feisty, but true!

Finally, someone else that notices how ridiculous that is.
I have to guess what the original problem was. When the Wally's here first brought in the self check they did a very half a** job of it. The other stores that did it first the whole bagging area is a scale. It waits till the correct weight is added. Wally here set up self check and had no way to know. So of course word spread fast and they soon caught people paying for a couple items and taking a bunch of stuff free. I no longer shop there but last Wife told me they have upgraded their self checks to work a little better yet still have some drone at the door wanting to look. Like she said if that one she snapped at had wanted to check all the people she would have had no problem. When they singled her out? They picked the wrong person on the wrong day to try. :D

I went to a burger joint recently and, no, I wasn't wearing no mask. This mask-clad goober comes in and starts up a "conversation" aka lecture. I told him that I was excited about the possibility that social security and medicare might see a decreased burden due to the pandemic. I then explained how I didn't give a schit what his opinion was. He quit talking.

Diffused!

Meh, people are getting testy these days. I'm feeling it. I kind of unloaded on a woman at BiMart last week when she got huffy because the gal wanted to see her BiMart card before she buzzed her in. I said "That's the way it's done. You show your card to get in!" I felt it.

We do not have BiMart stores here. I have heard it mentioned in this forum a lot.

You mentioned a card. Do you have to pay a FEE like Costco or just SIGN UP and get a free card if you choose to shop at a Bi Mart store?

I READ on this forum that people can buy guns, ammo and reloading supplies @ Bi Mart stores so is it like an OLD FASHIONED GENERAL STORE that I was used to seeing and buying from in farm/lake country (Great Lakes region.) or back on the East Coast where I was born and raised? They still HAVE old fashioned, country style GENERAL STORES back in those parts of the country too. Down south too.

Thank you.

Cate

A "Karen" is a person with a fashionable, cascading hairdo that thinks she knows more than anyone else does about everything.
She's a self-righteous bee-yotch that meddles in everyone else's business.
You want to stay as far away from a Karen as you possibly can.
If you can't remove yourself from her vicinity, then just belt her across the mouth.
Karens scurry at the slightest expression of self-reliance...

Last Edited:
A "Karen" is a person with a fashionable, cascading hairdo that thinks she knows more than anyone else does about everything.
She's a self-righteous bee-yotch that meddles in everyone else's business.
You want to stay as far away from a Karen as you possibly can.
If you can't remove yourself from her vicinity, then just belt her across the mouth.
Karens scurry at the slightest expression of self-reliance...

The politician too?

LOL

Cate

We do not have BiMart stores here. I have heard it mentioned in this forum a lot.

You mentioned a card. Do you have to pay a FEE like Costco or just SIGN UP and get a free card if you choose to shop at a Bi Mart store?

I READ on this forum that people can buy guns, ammo and reloading supplies @ Bi Mart stores so is it like an OLD FASHIONED GENERAL STORE that I was used to seeing and buying from in farm/lake country (Great Lakes region.) or back on the East Coast where I was born and raised? They still HAVE old fashioned, country style GENERAL STORES back in those parts of the country too. Down south too.

Thank you.

Cate

Honestly forget if the card is $5, or just sign up for it.

Usually I'll show it, or just get waved on in while looking for it.

Good stores, not really a general store tho.

Like a mini Walmart sorta kinda. But nicer folks. Employee owned if I recall correctly.

The politician too?

LOL

Cate
Not necessarily a politician, but certainly can be. See here for details pertaining to the Karen phylon.

Karen.jpg
In photo above, note the blonde highlighted, cascading hairstyle previously mentioned (see Post #48).
Confirming the presence of this bob-cut is a prerequisite to identifying a Karen in the wild.

Beware of a tendency for Karens to request "to speak to the manager" whenever they don't get their way, which is essentially all of the time.

Karens are known to pilot minivans or late-model Volvos to juvenile soccer contests, and thence to ice cream shops, where they can't be satisfied with the response from "the help" to their inestimably complicated order. See previous notation immediately above.

Generally exhibits a self-entitled, demanding, and bubblegumy disposition, and displays self-righteous indignation to all who do not succumb to her wishes.

Typically a white, upper middle class, suburban dweller in a domicile that she and her cuckold husband can't really afford.

Last Edited:

Thank you.

Cate
One time $5 fee for your lifetime membership. One of the best $5 investments I've ever made!. It has paid for itself in free dishtowels, cookies and candy won in their Tuesday drawings.
Their prices on stuff are excellent too!

Not necessarily a politician, but certainly can be.
See here for the prototype for a Karen. Note the cascading hairstyle previously mentioned...
Karen

I knew of a KAREN type aka MISS POLLY on old, basic, discussion boards back in the 90's. She was a ANTI GUN younger woman who always wanted to tell AMERICANS how much better things were in the U.K. compared to the US of A. I am talking about the OLD boards and old groups on MSN, Yahoo, etc.

Her handle was MISS POLLY or Miss Polly.

She supposedly lived in FL part time. Beats me where she REALLY lived.

She was a real female dog and FULL of herself. If you asked her a simple question or questions that she actually TOOK WRONG from the gitgo - she went on and on about something that you never asked her and got offended really easily. THIN skin!

You could read her response and wonder WHY she was talking about something that had absolutely ZERO to do with the actual question or questions that you asked her especially when it came to her ANTI GUN stances.

She loved to talk DOWN TO YOU and was a real piece of work to almost all American pro gun people on those specific boards.

I always wondered WHY she joined worse off wrote on PRO GUN and pro USA political boards, especially the old ones where you could actually VOICE an opinion in a mannerly way yet be BLUNT, if she was English, ANTI GUN, thought poorly of the USA and American gun rights, and a whole bunch more.

Some of us thought the same thing about MISS POLLY so I was not the only one who wondered about that.

I can understand being on national and international boards/forums if you are a VERY political person and especially if you have a HUGE interest in self defense, history, specific guns or guns in general being a NEWBIE in the sports or even are a LONG time, well educated and talented shooter.

But to come on a forum/board and immediately go after PRO GUN people and treat Americans like they are mud or dung to be scraped off of their shoes/boots always made me wonder about her REAL JOB there or if she was just another anti gun, younger woman.

Miss Polly reminds me of your term of KAREN and tons more.

Cate

Last Edited:
You encountered an ancient ancestor of the modern-day Karen.
It seems that you were in contact during a step in the evolution of the species.
I trust you documented your findings for submittal to the Royal Society On the Origin of Species.

Last Edited:
RV Tech,

You handled the situation properly.

I have been in many LARGE, mostly rural but not always, parking lots where I pulled off to the side after I filled up my gas tank.

Sometimes I was driving a large pick up truck, sometimes a SUV, sometimes a medium to small car and sometimes I was pulling a Coleman pop up camper or a sail or power boat. I could pull off out of the way and not be in any person's way if they needed fuel or needed to run in and out of a store in a hurry.

I no longer drive but I would still do the same thing so I was being POLITE in moving out of the way so someone else could fill up while I paid my bill. Some of the old stores did not have a 'pay at the pump' feature so you had to go inside to pay your bill or if you wanted to buy something else.

Take care!

Cate

Meh, people are getting testy these days. I'm feeling it. I kind of unloaded on a woman at BiMart last week when she got huffy because the gal wanted to see her BiMart card before she buzzed her in. I said "That's the way it's done. You show your card to get in!" I felt it.
Sounds a little rough on new customers who dont have a Bi-Mart card..

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top