JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There are plenty of things that need to be done around my place. And today was a decent weather day, but none of them

got done. And that fact was the first contributor to making a good day. And then she came home from grocery shopping

and in that pile was some nitro Guiness. Things were looking even better. I grabbed the suds, a nod to Friday, and headed

out to the garage. I have what I modestly claim to be the best garage stereo system in the NW. I put on some Melissa Carper.

At first I was going to mount a scope but changed my mind. I pulled out my knife case. It goes back decades with blades

always being added. I much favor carbon steel, it seems I always get a better edge. I have a couple of knifes built from

scratch, bought the steel 30 years ago at a gun show. Some skinners, some drop points and others. My Dad was a foreman

in a lumber mill and his duties included machine set-ups and knife grinding. He taught me about matching the stone to

the steel. So I made myself comfortable and began making things sharp. Few needed any work at all but I went through

the motions anyway. I'm guessing I got a couple thousands dollars of therapy doing this, I feel like it. Just wanted to share

some decadence. I'm at peace.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top