JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK - so I run up to my local corner store & gas station for a fillup and a couple small things.

I am in the store an and a guy come up to me as asks, ' Do you own that 4Runner out there?' - to which I say yes and whats up.

He says, 'Well I don't know why you parked that way as you are taking up three parking spaces'

OK - I was NOT taking up three parking spaces but was at the end and outside the marked areas - SO I said (laughingly) 'Hey I just got gas and I pulled out of the gas lane and just parked at the end a little crossways and do you want me to go move?

He said no, but continued and said I just couldn't see why you parked that way'

Ok - I kept it light, joked it off, and grabbed what I needed and went up to the counter and being well known at this place the attendant said. 'Man I am glad that didn't turn into something worse'

When I was leaving the guy said, 'Hey man, no issue and have a good evening' and I just left.

Thoughts? Dude with a problem? ( he was relatively clean and not unkempt)
The world is full of people who want to tell everyone else how they should live. Remember the guy recently who ended up shooting someone because he decided to tell the woman she was not parked it the right spot at some stop'n rob? This guy sounds just like that too. I would guess he goes through life looking for some "wrong" to deal with. Sounds like you handled it perfect. I have had a few run in's when walking my dogs with people like this. I some times did not handle it as well as you did sadly.

Some people are just Eh holes.
It's like the Bro Karen.

Just laugh it off, and keep your cool.

People are out there just looking to make someone's day as miserable as their life, don't get sucked into their misery.

WEll they had better get an understanding of the community they wish to open their big mouths around.

We are a little different around here............
He may well have been "new". He may well just be one of the many who never seem to learn to stay in their own lane. Most who have been around a while have known at least one of these. The kind of people who seem to be a magnet for altercations? They are often the kind that lose when things go bad too. They also of course were never at fault when things go bad. Used to walk my dogs at a ball field with track. LOT's of dog crap all over from the irresponsible owners. Now and then some jogger would decide to tell me about my dog. Normally I ignored them. Couple times someone would do it on a bad day for me and I would say something that would have them huffing off muttering under their breath. Its always been a sore subject with me since I long felt anyone who does not clean up after their dog in a place like that should not be allowed to have a dog. When I would let some moron get under my skin I always felt bad after that I let them. Wife had been good for me in this area. When I met her I was not anywhere near as "understanding" as I am these days :s0140:

Some people are just Eh holes.
It's like the Bro Karen.

Just laugh it off, and keep your cool.

People are out there just looking to make someone's day as miserable as their life, don't get sucked into their misery.
Probably the best summation of this yet. What's the old line about misery loves company? There are a lot of people who are miserable all their lives for whatever reason. A lot of them seem to make it their life's job to try to make others miserable. :(

Eb and flow, give and take.... one day I wonder why someone is being such a moron, the next I hope they forgive me for being such a moron. Were all in this time together.

U92Fh5h.jpg

OK - so I run up to my local corner store & gas station for a fillup and a couple small things.

I am in the store an and a guy come up to me as asks, ' Do you own that 4Runner out there?' - to which I say yes and whats up.

He says, 'Well I don't know why you parked that way as you are taking up three parking spaces'

OK - I was NOT taking up three parking spaces but was at the end and outside the marked areas - SO I said (laughingly) 'Hey I just got gas and I pulled out of the gas lane and just parked at the end a little crossways and do you want me to go move?

He said no, but continued and said I just couldn't see why you parked that way'

Ok - I kept it light, joked it off, and grabbed what I needed and went up to the counter and being well known at this place the attendant said. 'Man I am glad that didn't turn into something worse'

When I was leaving the guy said, 'Hey man, no issue and have a good evening' and I just left.

Thoughts? Dude with a problem? ( he was relatively clean and not unkempt)
Did he pull a quarter out of his pocket and say call it?

Good job of defusing what could have become a situation. My personal philosophy is to be the most humble person in any given situation (cause I always carry), my intent is never to escalate and to always try and walk away, even if that means the other individual has a perceived victory. I don't need no legal entanglements, and want to be sleeping next to the Mrs and not Bubba...

Doesn't mean I let others take advantage of me or walk all over me, just means I'm not willing to die on their hill of stupidity :)

like leaving wally mart and they ask to see your receipt, I just say "no" and keep going. haven't been arrested yet.
My Wife still shops there and has had a couple good ones with that. While back she has cart full of stuff. Little girl at door lets several others pass and tries to stop her. She just kept walking with the woman now following. She turned and said when you stop those people in front of me you can ask me now get the hell away from me. The woman slunk back to her spot. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top