JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Likely cheaper to buy what you want, than build it. Personally not a fan of high end ar's, if it works, shoot it. All I see is manufacturers and retailers chuckling and rubbing their greedy hands together. Buy a moderately priced ar, if something breaks or wears out, maybe replace it with a questionable "upgraded" part.
Maybe buy a colt, probably will hold value better than anything you can put together.
If you want a "fashion statement" ar, maybe a good therapist or a twelve step program can help you.

Last Edited:
Likely cheaper to buy what you want, than build it. Personally not a fan of high end ar's, if it works, shoot it. All I see is manufacturers and retailers chuckling and rubbing their greedy hands together. Buy a moderately priced ar, if something breaks or wears out, maybe replace it with a questionable "upgraded" part.
Maybe buy a colt, probably will hold value better than anything you can put together.
If you want a "fashion statement" ar, maybe a good therapist or a twelve step program can help you.
I appreciate your opinion, and while your probably right I'd spend less just buying a pre built, I don't think I can find one with all my selected parts unless I went with a custom builder. Also total cost of the rifle doesn't concern me if I'm spending 500$ here and there over the course of time.

Go for it!
Small things like Radian's A-DAC make rifles more pleasing to shoot, and if it stiffens your wood, BONUS !
Whether you go with 5.56 or Wylde, I don't think it makes a bit of difference in a SBR. Me, I'd go with a 6.8 in a short barrel.
Whatever you do, that mother is going to be LOUD. Submit your Form 1 or get a can in jail as you start your build.
Have fun!

Go for it!
Small things like Radian's A-DAC make rifles more pleasing to shoot, and if it stiffens your wood, BONUS !
Whether you go with 5.56 or Wylde, I don't think it makes a bit of difference in a SBR. Me, I'd go with a 6.8 in a short barrel.
Whatever you do, that mother is going to be LOUD. Submit your Form 1 or get a can in jail as you start your build.
Have fun!
I've got can I can slap on it for now, but ya planning on a sandman k will most likely start my form 4 with my income tax lol

I've got can I can slap on it for now, but ya planning on a sandman k will most likely start my form 4 with my income tax lol
Yep, don't know much about commercial silencers, so didn't even see it in your OP.
Magpul CTR
Dead air sandman k <-- DUH !
Modlite
Have CTR, MOE-SL and ACS, and by far the ACS is my preferred due to fitment.
Also have a MFT Minimalist (actually, have two), and it comes in right behind the ACS as far as preference.
Just put a PRS on a new build and I'm looking forward to trying that.

I've used the CTR, ACS, STR and PRS never used an MFT I was going for a smaller footprint and weight savings. But will consider the ones u mentioned. My favorite PRS style stock is by far the XLR element.

The only barrels I've got are a 20" Krieger and 14.5" BA...'fraid I can't help there. But I do run the TT Diamond on that 20" DMR build and hot damn is it nice. Light, crisp, positive reset. If you're in the area and want to check it out before plopping the cash on it, shoot me a message.

If you're active duty/veteran, they do discounts...I want to say 20%. They also run sales so get on their mailing list.

If you end up not going w/ the Radian lower, check out Phase5's EBRv3 - super handy and I prefer it over Magpul's BAD by virtue of it being a single piece (not a screwed on lever).

Sounds like a fun build, if not stupid loud ;). I've got a Area419 Hellfire Linear Flash Suppressor that seems to work well...though I've never run it on a barrel that short, so who's to say it'd work for you? Still - you'll definitely want some sort of flash suppression and/or compensator for when the suppressor isn't on it.

Have you looked at the Vltor A5 system for buffer?

I built two complete and one additional lower build with all Wilson Combat parts with Geissele triggers. I believe the total price was around $1500 for each.

@JSTUCK624 , check this out:

A K can on a short barrel is an expensive flash hider. I wouldn't be surprised if you're pushing 150dB with that.

Also, how much squeeze are you willing to put in for the smallest amount of juice? "High end" everything is often already past the point of diminishing returns. Consider what your definition of high end is and realize it's not the same as mine, or probably anyone else on this forum. Price alone does not equal quality.

Oh and headspace your damn barrel and bolt. Buy the tools, do it proper. In fact, buy ALL the proper tools as you can clearly afford those

I would have to have a very specific reason to use anything else. A5 RE are made not only by Vltor but are also offered by BCM, Magpul, SOLGW and Forward Controls.
When I was sourcing parts for mine I found that a .308 AR Carbine RE is an intermediate tube also with 6 positions.

An A5 action with a mid length gas system is pretty slick and what I will build off of from now on.
Way better than the carbine I first put together.

When I worked at Rainier Arms, we would get asked all the time

The main issue, was just the time spent searching thru the vast variety of parts and options.
Some gunshops are full service, they will spend time to show you the parts available depending on what your looking for.

Custom builds are a lot of fun!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top