JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I made another round through McMinnville today looking for some 22LR and came up empty. Three stores with empty shelves of pretty much everything. Didn't hear that from Wallyworld but they didn't have anything to buy either.

Went to Wallmart today and they told me that the gunshops had been buying every shipment that came in. So they limited the purchases to 6 boxes of ammo They actually had Blazer Brass 40 for $12.57 a box. Didn't need any so I left it for the guys that do.

I have noticed that the gunshops double the price on the ammo when they get it. I think it is scalping and it makes me angry. Some of them fuel the panic while helping make a shortage. Scoundrels to me, but it's the way some people chose to make a buck.

jj

+1 for Wal-Mart, that makes them -999,999

Which WalMart would this be? Fishermans Marine and Outdoor in Oregon City has them (Blazer Brass 115 Grain FMJ) for $15.99 limit 5.

Went to Wallmart today and they told me that the gunshops had been buying every shipment that came in. So they limited the purchases to 6 boxes of ammo They actually had Blazer Brass 40 for $12.57 a box. Didn't need any so I left it for the guys that do.

I have noticed that the gunshops double the price on the ammo when they get it. I think it is scalping and it makes me angry. Some of them fuel the panic while helping make a shortage. Scoundrels to me, but it's the way some people chose to make a buck.

jj

I live In albany OR and The Walmart in Lebanon Has had .40 for about 5 days.... Iv had to make a few trips there and Im always checking to see Wat they have and they seem to be holdin on to it... But I know wat you mean about other gun shops buying the ammo... the walmart here refuses to sell to any local gun shop if possible.. Every few weeks I'll Pick up a box or two... Iv got 600 Rounds so far.... From Wally world and Bimart.

wally world here in lebanon is always out 9mm cause a certain pawn shop goes in and buys them out and then doubles the prices on them,how do i know this? The guy at the pawn shop told me thats what he does and seemed proud of it! I put down the sig 2022 i was gonna buy from there and went some where else to buy the gun.BTW Bi-mart in leb always seems to have at least a couple boxes of ammo every time i go there.

wally world here in lebanon is always out 9mm cause a certain pawn shop goes in and buys them out and then doubles the prices on them,how do i know this? The guy at the pawn shop told me thats what he does and seemed proud of it! I put down the sig 2022 i was gonna buy from there and went some where else to buy the gun.BTW Bi-mart in leb always seems to have at least a couple boxes of ammo every time i go there.

I think we should develop a black list for these shops that are doing this and not buy from them until they stop whether they are members or not.

Went to walmart in south Salem the other day and they had about 6 boxes of cci .22. after a snafu with some .22 mag, that they took back I picked up 2 boxes of the .22lr. The way I see it I'm in need of ammo just as bad as the next guy, but I will not buy them out just because they have it. I buy a little and leave some for the next guy. This is of course unless it's the last box.:D

D.

There's also a question of price elasticity: at what point will people just give up and find hobbies that cost less? I worry about the long-term damage these prices will have on the shooting community.

I've got enough ammo to hold off the zombie invasion/monkey-pox/red scare. So, at this point, I'm just buying ammo to shoot and enjoy. I've got a lot of other hobbies that don't cost this much to enjoy.

Not sure what the ammo makers & sellers are up to - whether these are legitimate price increases because of production capacity, raw materials costs (which have gone down) or what? However, they may wake up to find a bunch of shooters have found something else to do with their time & money.

I understand that ammo prices had to go up due to short supply and costs,but what gets me is shops going to wal-mart/bi-mart in the town and buying up all there ammo then marking it up 40-50% and proclaiming that they are the only ones in town that got that certain kind of ammo in!isn't that what they call a monopoly?

Shops buy from a wholesaler then they get it cheap so they make a profit. When they buy up everything in town it is hoarding. Stupid act of greed that will bite them hard when the public tells em to drop dead.

jj

Shops do take advantage of the big boxes. I am torn about that. The big boxes make it tough for them to compete in some ways so it might just be a case of fighting for survival.
Watched a gal from a gunshop on McGloughlin buy a couple of ARs from Sportsmans a while back. I cant be certain but I am pretty sure they went back to that shop with a healthy mark up.

So with all the popular pistol and rifle ammo being bought up and hordead, or resold at double the price. When will this start happening to the shotgun ammo? Any predictions?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top