JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Washington does not impose any state background check on shotguns. Not semi auto, not pump, not over under. The FFL dealer runs a federal NICS check. It is possible the federal check for the OP triggered a delay for some reason, but Washington didn't have anything to do with it. Dr. Strangelove has been trying to say this for six posts.

Washington does not impose any state background check on shotguns. Not semi auto, not pump, not over under. The FFL dealer runs a federal NICS check. It is possible the federal check for the OP triggered a delay for some reason, but Washington didn't have anything to do with it. Dr. Strangelove has been trying to say this for six posts.
Wrong

1639 did not change anything for shotguns. Washington state only applies its background check process on handguns and semi automatic rifles. In the future that will be expanded to frames and receivers bought from dealers.

All that I-594 did was require that Washington residents go to a dealer to have a background check run on a firearm transfer. That does not mean that the state's background check applies. The Washington laws create a distinction on which background check is run depending on the type of gun. Shotguns get the quick and instant NICS check. Handguns and semi auto rifles get the state's enhanced background check.

But the 594 and 1694 made it what it is.
Your going to wait ten days.
I know people that get cleared in five minutes.
But I have never been cleared.
I always wait ten days.
Just saying.
For any gun pistol rifle shotgun .
Rubber band gun .
If it's sold at a gun shop.

But the 594 and 1694 made it what it is.
Your going to wait ten days.
I know people that get cleared in five minutes.
But I have never been cleared.
I always wait ten days.
Just saying.
For any gun pistol rifle shotgun .
Rubber band gun .
If it's sold at a gun shop.
Then your local FFL does not know the law

9AD2E1DC-2840-4ED6-919E-89547F9D9E58.jpeg

EPS, if you are waiting 10 days for anything other than a pistol or SA rifle, you are going to an idiot FFL, or you have NICS same name flagging problems… maybe you are omitting your SSN from the 4473… that would do it.

All that I-594 did was require that Washington residents go to a dealer to have a background check run on a firearm transfer. That does not mean that the state's background check applies. The Washington laws create a distinction on which background check is run depending on the type of gun. Shotguns get the quick and instant NICS check. Handguns and semi auto rifles get the state's enhanced background check.
Yes that's how it's supposed to work.
BUT THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS.
every time.
Or at all from what I have seen.
Waiting ten days for a single shot 243 rifle.
Why.
I'LL TELL YOU WHY.
NO GUN SHOP WANTS TO TAKE THE CHANCE OF TRANSFER A GUN.
WITHOUT A TEN DAY WAIT.
basically they will be held responsible .
Even if you got cleared in five minutes.
If you use the gun in a crime.
Everyone will say why didn't he wait ten days

I'm done pounding my head into the wall. Good night.
EPS, change FFL's, list your SSN on 4473, consider a UPIN, or god forbid just admit you're wrong. I will if I am. Respect.

EPS, if you are waiting 10 days for anything other than a pistol or SA rifle, you are going to an idiot FFL, or you have NICS same name flagging problems… maybe you are omitting your SSN from the 4473… that would do it.
I haven't bought a gun in over a year .
Why.
Because I have like 40 hell I don't even know how many I have.
But I do know I waited for the last three .
And they were not all bought at the same ffl.
One was new gun.
The other two were transferred from someone used guns .
Bolt action and single shot

Upcoming Events

May 26, 2024 Oregon Arms Collectors
Portland, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top