JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wow went to my first WAC show in Monroe in the beginning of Nov. How lame. Huge disappointment, not many guns at all, almost would think I was at a Taurus convention. More selection and twice as many guns in Lynden.

So are all the shows this lame?? Good thing I didn't sign up to be a member, I would be really pissed then .

I used to think the Falcon shows were kind of lame, but not anymore.

Not very many used guns mostly just dealers, except one guy selling a used Hi point 9mm for $425.

OK rant over, just wondering if all the show were this lame, after this I am not wasting a 4 hour to a Puyallup show.

....... except one guy selling a used Hi point 9mm for $425.

WHoa! what a deal. Guess that is the extreme end of post election mark up!

I have only been to one gun show since I moved down here 6 years ago, i havnt been back to one since. I feel like im in a Bazzar or a flea market more then a "gun" show, and pricing on the things I was hoping to pick up was more then retail at local stores. Im all for supporting the little guy, but I do have my spending cap limit.

The Wa State Department of Revenue recently told WAC that if vendors rent tables at more than two shows, they need to have a business license, collect tax, etc. So, that's probably had a negative effect on the types/number of vendors you see at the show. Even before that, it was hit-or-miss in terms of what you might find there. I still like going to just look at stuff and you can (usually) get a good deal on ammo.

We'll see how things turn out under this new DOR ruling. But, I suspect this will be as damaging to gun shows as "closing the gun show loophole" (whatever that means).

If that is correct, then why hasn't it affected other gun shows yet?? When did this ruling come out??

I don't know - could be that DOR just hasn't caught-up with those shows, could be a threshold that WAC is over - not sure. Here's their new <broken link removed> . This section pertains to hobbyist table renters - it appears they are limited to three times per year, not two as I originally indicated:

These tables are rented by a private individual (Hobbyist) and will not be used for a "business" purpose. PER DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE RULING RENTING TABLES 3 OR MORE TIMES PER CALENDAR YEAR REQUIRES A BUSINESS LICENSE

I DECLARE, that I am exempt from Washington State Business License Requirements. I will only engage in the "casual and/or isolated" sales of personal property for the enhancement of a personal collection or hobby. I agree to comply with all Federal & State laws regarding the Sales of Firearms and other personal property offered for sale. I agree to abide by any and all rules of the Washington Arms Collector's regarding personal conduct during the WAC gathering. I understand that I am required to display a WAC provided placard on the rented tables that indicates as follows: "BUYERRESPONSIBLEFORUSETAXES".

I know there are WAC board members (and folks more active than me) who are members here - maybe one of them can chime-in on this issue.

I haven't been since the DOR ruling but they were pretty good before that. Lots of different guns at the Sat. only tables.

The WAC is probably the biggest show around with so many "private sellers" on Sat only so the DOR went after them first. The DOR started a few years ago making the FFL's collect use tax on weapons coming into the state via transfer. Mike, at Brightwater, got caught in that one and it cost him some $$ to pay the back taxes. Some FFL's still aren't collection the tax I guess. They might be in for an expensive lesson!

Last show I went to in Puyallup (about 4-5 months ago) took me 3-4 hours to walk the whole place and eyeball every table, huge show. Can't say if prices were too high or not.

The Wa State Department of Revenue recently told WAC that if vendors rent tables at more than two shows, they need to have a business license, collect tax, etc. So, that's probably had a negative effect on the types/number of vendors you see at the show. Even before that, it was hit-or-miss in terms of what you might find there. I still like going to just look at stuff and you can (usually) get a good deal on ammo.

We'll see how things turn out under this new DOR ruling. But, I suspect this will be as damaging to gun shows as "closing the gun show loophole" (whatever that means).

The state didn't come to the WAC org,the president of WAC went to the state and asked about all this.
THAT is more likely the reason,plus the raise in table rates and the "allegations " of embezzlement by some in the WAC leadership.

Too much drama for the gunfolks.
Not enough deals for quite some time now. And the deals will only get worse.

BTW,a little of topic,but what kind of gun friends do we have that raise all their prices any time some 'control' news comes out?
Just sayin'

The state didn't come to the WAC org,the president of WAC went to the state and asked about all this.
THAT is more likely the reason,plus the raise in table rates and the "allegations " of embezzlement by some in the WAC leadership.

Well if that is the case, then I see no reason to support them. Just throw the private guys under the bus.

If some of members here are WAC board members let them speak up, lets hear the real story.

Last Edited:

Too much drama for the gunfolks.
Not enough deals for quite some time now. And the deals will only get worse.

BTW,a little of topic,but what kind of gun friends do we have that raise all their prices any time some 'control' news comes out?
Just sayin'

So, all of this is just rumor to you?
Have you been to a WAC board meeting?
Have you read the explanation about the tax situation in the WAC "Gun News?"

Are you a WAC member?

Used to be. Instead of throwing jabs at folks Dave, Why not explain it to those prospective new members. Seems the voice of Firearms is pretty mute on this subject..Yes Dave, that would be You...or are you under a gag order from the Lawyer in Chief of WAC..Inquiring minds want to know...Enough dancing around the May Pole Dave..I am Calling You out on this >>>>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top