JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First off, I am biased since I don't like to watch much TV, my wife on the other hand can't get in enough TV time.
Currently she is watching a 20/20 type program on the Uvalde shooting. She hasn't met a true crime show she doesn't like. I think they are depressing and a waste of time. Do you think women are more drawn to this type of programming or do men get sucked into them too?

First off, I am biased since I don't like to watch much TV, my wife on the other hand can't get in enough TV time.
Currently she is watching a 20/20 type program on the Uvalde shooting. She hasn't met a true crime show she doesn't like. I think they are depressing and a waste of time. Do you think women are more drawn to this type of programming or do men get sucked into them too?

I've been watching Forensic Files and the like since I was very young. I listen to crime podcasts and read crime novels as well. My S.O. doesn't, she's not quite as weird as me.

On a serious note, the podcast "Serial" helped exonerate Adnan Syed who was wrongfully found guilty of murder in the 90s. Good stuff, but the classic "whodunnits" are the best anyway.

Last Edited:
If you grant me a little latitude, I will attempt to explain this to you. Also, I'm generalizing. Not all women...but 80% of them, give or take, fall into this category...

Da Wimmins...They are emotion based life forms. They need to feel intense emotion in order to feel alive. They hope that it is the good kind of intense emotion. But in absence of the good, they'll take the bad. And in absence of enough of either...they'll create it. That's called, "drama."

This is why da wimmins are so drawn to reality T.V. They feed on the drama. Be glad that yours like crime shows. Those at least usually have some bit of redeeming value. It's the crap like The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Real Housewives, Kardashians, etc., that so many women can't get enough of, that just make me want to stab my eyes out with a fireplace poker.

Pro Tip: Having separate TV's can save a marriage. Your problem, however, is if your girl views watching TV as, "quality time," and wants to watch this crap WITH YOU. I don't know how to help you with that one.

Remember...Choose wisely boys...and may the odds be ever in your favor. :)

More women than men watch them. Women are crazy. That's why there are tons of women sending letters to the Moscow murderers and other psychos and serial killers.

If you grant me a little latitude, I will attempt to explain this to you. Also, I'm generalizing. Not all women...but 80% of them, give or take, fall into this category...

Da Wimmins...They are emotion based life forms. They need to feel intense emotion in order to feel alive. They hope that it is the good kind of intense emotion. But in absence of the good, they'll take the bad. And in absence of enough of either...they'll create it. That's called, "drama."

This is why da wimmins are so drawn to reality T.V. They feed on the drama. Be glad that yours like crime shows. Those at least usually have some bit of redeeming value. It's the crap like The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Real Housewives, Kardashians, etc., that so many women can't get enough of, that just make me want to stab my eyes out with a fireplace poker.

Pro Tip: Having separate TV's can save a marriage. Your problem, however, is if your girl views watching TV as, "quality time," and wants to watch this crap WITH YOU. I don't know how to help you with that one.

Unfortunately she watches the mate finding shows too. She was watching one the other day where farmers were searching for wives. The bachelor show is the worst.

After reading the above, I sure hope my wife/partner of 36 years is really a woman. :s0124:
Unfortunately she watches the mate finding shows too. She was watching one the other day where farmers were searching for wives. The bachelor show is the worst.
I watched about 5 minutes, I should say WE, of that show. Both of us...'What the hell kind of people watch this bubblegum?!' That goes for the never ending Bachelor and Bachelorette, "My 600 pound Life", "1000lb sisters", 90 day Fiancé, etc, etc, etc.....

But now, Mama June is back! and she's,,,, wait for it,,,,,,? FAT again!!!

If those "True Crime" type show didn't impart all the drama they might be watchable for us. But I see them too much just liker MSM news programs.

Love Island and this stuff is what mine is into...dimwits on the search for procreation. Can be quiet funny sometimes when I walk in to that and be like "woah shes got huuge *****"... true crime I often don't mind watching so much but its the reality TV crap that I dont understand how anyone could be interested in that.

its the reality TV crap that I dont understand how anyone could be interested in that.
Okay, I'll admit something. Wifey and I used to hold everything, and have dinner set to watch in front of the boob-toob, on the nights American Idol and Dancing with the Stars was on. They used to be real competitions, with the judges critiquing the contestants. And watching some great ball room dancing! I've had a soft spot for that since I was 15 or so and my parents taught myself and a few of my friends ballroom dancing in our basement. Those shows got completely ruined and became unwatchable.

Okay, I'll admit something. Wifey and I used to hold everything, and have dinner set to watch in front of the boob-toob, on the nights American Idol and Dancing with the Stars was on. They used to be real competitions, with the judges critiquing the contestants. And watching some great ball room dancing! I've had a soft spot for that since I was 15 or so and my parents taught myself and a few of my friends ballroom dancing in our basement. Those shows got completely ruined and became unwatchable.
We used to watch those early on too. REAL talent was fun to watch.

What's a television?
Boy, I wish! I believe being born in 1955 had a lot to do with my television addiction. It's where we were, before school, after school. Before dinner, after dinner. Strangely, the TV was off during dinner in our house. Saturday nights was Perry Mason, Saturday Night Boxing. now it's TV at around 4:00pm, 'til bed. Dad was an electronics repair man so we had "TelevisionS" Somewhat better than being addicted to opiates I'd say.

We have zero television in our house. We do have computers and smartphones though. I don't watch tv and my wife will only watch old re runs of certain shows on her tablet.

You're right, @Mikej tv addiction is far less problematic than opiate addiction. But it's still a waste of the short time we have here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top