JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You must be doing something right. I have received exactly one call back from a legislator in Olympia. I guess I might be sort of irritating to them, or something else. :) I still have much to learn in the political arena.

Ranb

BOOYAH!

now lets just hope they get right to business... assuming they re-convene soon hopefully they can vote on 7 bills before they get hungry and drop everything for lunch... ;)

The Senate display boards says "The Senate is at ease subject to the call of the president" Are they meeting again this afternoon?

Ranb

ETA: On as of 11:30 am

if history is any guide they should be reconvening again any minute. Then vote on as many bills as they can get through before they get hungry, and then adjurn for the day...

It is in the bag when the Gov signs it or allows it to become law without her signature. She is very unlikely to veto is as is passed 88-4 and 47-0 and is therefore "veto proof". If she does veto it, then it goes back to the legislature for an over ride of the veto.

The law goes into affect 90 days after the session ends. The last day of the session is April 24, so we can use our silencers legally Saturday July 23, 2011.

Ranb

So when do we know for sure that this is "in the bag"? That's the day I want to order my suppressor. ;)

I'm considering it a done deal. There is too much support and zero opposition for the Gov to not sign it. Technically it's July 23 that is 90 days after session. So on July 23rd-24th you can shoot it. If she is in opposition she would more likely just not sign it. As a silent protest. It still goes into effect if she didn't sign it.

To me it's a cool coincidence that it takes roughly 60-90 days to get a stamp. ;)

LOL Ranb guess it took me longer to count out 90 days than you.... edited.

I'm going to write a letter tonight to all the people in legislature that have helped me, with information, timelines, unlisted phone numbers that actually lead somewhere... etc.

Thanking them... And thanks to all of you that took the time to write, call or show up to committee meetings.

Sincerely,
Jason

I will be writing e-mails to every yes vote legislator to thank them.

I am also planning to organize a silencer shoot at the Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club on July 23rd. I hope to be able to set aside about 2-3 hours of suppressed firearm only shooting on the rifle line and gather in one of the pistol bays. I intend to promote it as an educational event to invite the public, local police as well as any politicians (including the three no votes we got) who are interested in learning more about silencers.

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads