JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey they updated the Floor calendar this morning. HB1016 is officially on the calendar, number 2 spot! Watch for it Wednesday, I can see them doing a fast session to get out a bunch of the non opposed bills. They do have a cutoff on friday so they will be busy with alot of stuff trying to get stuff out of committee. We actually have till April 12th for this to get a vote. But here's hoping to Wednesday!
Lets hope for this week then.

I called Senator Schoesler's office today and was told him would pull 1016 at today's Rules committee hearing. But when I called Senator Brown's office, I was told that there was a Rules committee hearing for a package pull of "housekeeping" bills Tuesday, but 1016 was not pulled. She also said there is currently no Rules comittee hearing scheduled for Wednesday (today).

Ranb

they are now at ease and going into caucus right now to put 'about 9 bills' on the order of consideration....

cross your fingers...

they spent the last 15min recognizing the daffodil parade in puyallup... :\

LOL I'm watching too. If that was only 15 minutes... Someone should explain the resolutions to me. They did a resolution to recognize women in sports in washington a few weeks ago. It didn't really do anything other than acknowledge women in sports. Don't they get that with all the news articles and what not coving things like how good the Storm are?

They also did a resolution a few days back about recognizing the problems in japan. Isn't it obvious that we recognize the issues, it's all over the news and the US is helping over there. Did the state of Washington need to spend Senate floor time basically OKing a letter to be sent to Japan expressing condolences?

They should broadcast the Caucus time as well. Then we will know who and how hard people are pushing for bills people want. The Rules Committee and Caucuses are were the power lies and they make it nearly impossible to actually know whats going on in either. Even though Rules is suppose to be open to the public.

I'm pretty sure the resolutions just comes down to civic/public grandstanding...

Total complete waste of precious legislative time IMO... but i suppose it makes the process more 'human'....

Yes I bet sitting in on a rules or caucus meeting would be a real eye-opening experience... no doubt that is where some real back scratching and sickening political moves take place...

I just saw that... Well unless they Caucus again after they do the first 8. They have done it before, if they get through them fast. I guess we'll see. I guess I'll go get some work done and check back later.

Well if they all go like the first they may do more. It amazes me that the house has electronic voting thats done in seconds and the Senate keeps doing the roll call verbally.

They've Adjourned.... Check back Friday for more on the edge of your seat legislation....

It took longer for them to Caucus and pick 8 bills than it took to vote and pass 7. Why don't they just go down the list in order and safe all the Caucus time unless they are a day or so before a deadline.

They could have easily done another 6-7 bills today without the Flower Festival Resolution, and um the dancing kids...

It has become a bit hard to watch, but at least I started watching. If nothing else I have a better understanding of the prossess unfortunately it's a little nausiating watching what looks like a lazy employee hold up a broom.:(

I wrote to Sheldon and Hatfield to ask them if they would lean on the Senate Floor Leader (Eide) and get 1016 a vote. I also asked them (nicely) if the Senate has enough time to vote on the remaining bills on the calendar and talk about flowers for ten minutes each session. :)

Ranb

Stupid resolutions... I wouldn't count on them doing too much today there are senate committee meetings scheduled for 1pm today. And today is the last day for them to read reports from the House. That will be their concern. If they have a little time left after the normal order of consideration. They would probably do a few off the consent calendar, before they would caucus. Unless they get through them fast.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top