JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Washington and their proposed "Pay By The Mile" gas tax.

What a farce. I see it as a form of tracking your every move. What time, how long, when you
left, how fast you were going.

OH, you were speeding. WHY? Here's a
ticket for you in the mail.

And the slow drivers. You were driving 40 in a 55. You're stalling
traffic. Here's a ticket in the mail.
OR, you're driving in general is
too slow when you drive, I think we're pulling your license.

You were going over the speed limit. Here's a speeding ticket in the
mail.

Our tracking data shows you have a problem going over the speed limit on
the average. We'll be sending the data to the insurance agency so they
can JACK your rates!!

And while on the subject, you were traveling too long in the left hand
lane. The left hand lane is for passing only. Here's a ticket in the
mail.

There are plenty of directions, if this tax is approved where it can be used against all drivers.
If this tax is implemented, look for it coming to your state soon

Washington and their proposed "Pay By The Mile" gas tax.

What a farce. I see it as a form of tracking your every move. What time, how long, when you
left, how fast you were going.

OH, you were speeding. WHY? Here's a
ticket for you in the mail.

And the slow drivers. You were driving 40 in a 55. You're stalling
traffic. Here's a ticket in the mail.
OR, you're driving in general is
too slow when you drive, I think we're pulling your license.

You were going over the speed limit. Here's a speeding ticket in the
mail.

Our tracking data shows you have a problem going over the speed limit on
the average. We'll be sending the data to the insurance agency so they
can JACK your rates!!

And while on the subject, you were traveling too long in the left hand
lane. The left hand lane is for passing only. Here's a ticket in the
mail.

There are plenty of directions, if this tax is approved where it can be used against all drivers.
If this tax is implemented, look for it coming to your state soon

Oregon has been piloting this concept for a couple years now... welcome to 1983.... 1984 is just around the corner. o_O

Washingtons ploy is that there is not enough funding to maintain roads from the current (and past) gas tax. This is easily remedied. FIX the roads WITH the taxes COLLECTED, FROM THE GAS TAX!! Instead the taxes get moved around within the general funding to be used everywhere else. The biggest part of the problem is created within the system, and the IDIOTS (ETA; CROOKS) in control of funding.

ETA; And to also add in the mix, the gas tax should stay in the counties the gas/fuel is purchased in FOR THOSE ROADS. Not be added to a general pool for the state as a whole

Last Edited:
It's all about MONEY,POWER & CONTROL all these Pr!cks want is more you ever hear about them taking a PAY CUT never the first thing they say we can't Afford is our first responders which affects who the most US not them FIRE ALL OF EM AND GET PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT IN IT AS A LIFE LONG JOB LIKE THE DICK'S IN D.C. 30YRS 35YRS 40YRS

If they operated like a private business and hired people to eliminate wasted dollars. And by wasted I mean things like paving a stretch of road, because it was scheduled as normal maintenance, and the DOT was not aware that a sewer line replacement was scheduled a year later for the same stretch. I've personally seen a similar scenario in my neighborhood.

If they spent monies collected from weight/mile and gasoline taxes on gasoline and diesel vehicle infrastructure ONLY, THEN we could see where we stand with needed tax increases. There is an excise tax on all things fishing gear, put it on all things bicycles and let them pay for their own damned infrastructure!

That's just a couple of things this dummy has come up with, years ago. Aren't the college educated that are in office supposed to be smarter than me?

That's just a couple of things this dummy has come up with, years ago. Aren't the college educated that are in office supposed to be smarter than me?
The problem is they think they know better than all of us, and can use taxes and every other PITA in the bureaucratic arsenal to coerce, cajole and intimidate us into fellating them on demand...

Secretly, they want a return to the old days when academia lived in ivory towers and proles were subhuman serfs, bought and sold property with the land they lived on whose every waking dawn was by their lord's grace and mercy.

ETA; And to also add in the mix, the gas tax should stay in the counties the gas/fuel is purchased in FOR THOSE ROADS. Not be added to a general pool for the state as a whole
As I recall: I was unhappy when they took the tax/fee money raised by the ATV/ORV tabs that was to be used for the benefit of off road vehicle parks and moved it to the general fund. The ATV/ORV fund had gotten some gas tax money raised by road use tax on gas. If used for off road use you could ask for a partial refund/rebate. I kept track of my gas use and got a check or 2 in the first couple of years of the plan 73-74?) . The state said the book keeping was too costly so ATV/ORV will get a small percent of the total gas road tax. The fund built until there was quite a bit of money in the fund and then it was transfered to the general fund (Chris G gov ?). Then less money for the ATV/ORV fund. Want money for Cycle parks , oh not much money left, sorry. LOTS of money involved. Boaters, Jet skiers, etc also pay road tax (.48 gal?) if bought at a filling station. I dont think they get a rebate and I dont know if they get a benefit from their dollars spent on fuel. Build the fund and they will find a way to spend it. Arggggh

I don't think this is going to fly but you never know I can say this they will never put a tracking device in my car I FORESEE HUGE LAWSUITS OF INVASION OF PRIVACY

I don't think this is going to fly but you never know I can say this they will never put a tracking device in my car I FORESEE HUGE LAWSUITS OF INVASION OF PRIVACY

You have no expectation of privacy once you agree to license your vehicle, and it'll be added to the terms of those licensing procedures the same as you will submit to a breathalyzer or you automatically forfeit your driver license.

In short, you're compelled to license your vehicle in order to use it on public roads, which means your compelled to submit to any terms "they" attach to that license. You have no standing..... NEXT!

You have no expectation of privacy once you agree to license your vehicle, and it'll be added to the terms of those licensing procedures the same as you will submit to a breathalyzer or you automatically forfeit your driver license.

In short, you're compelled to license your vehicle in order to use it on public roads, which means your compelled to submit to any terms "they" attach to that license. You have no standing..... NEXT!
But that doesn't mean they can track where you go and how often .say I'm a guy that drives the same car to work all the time my wife knows how far it is from home to work but I have a girl friend on the side now my wife knows I been taking the side roads home to visit my girl friend now I'm getting divorced because my wife got the toll bill in the mail INVASION OF PRIVACY

But that doesn't mean they can track where you go and how often .say I'm a guy that drives the same car to work all the time my wife knows how far it is from home to work but I have a girl friend on the side now my wife knows I been taking the side roads home to visit my girl friend now I'm getting divorced because my wife got the toll bill in the mail INVASION OF PRIVACY
Lol! Damn, you sound guilty already!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads