JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure what good running does. All of the same shiete is coming Federally eventually. Better to pick a red county with a good Sheriff, such as Klickitat, and go there and ignore the BS, knowing the Sheriff isn't going to harass you.

I never bought a bump fire stock. I thought about it YEARS ago but they were meh to me. I'm thinking to myself now that they are banned, if I owned one I'd have to destroy it or I'd be committing a felony. Ridiculous....

I started doing recon for relocation after the private transfer law was passed. Here I am almost 5 years later having made 5 trips to 3 states and narrowed it down to 2. (Las Vegas NV and Tampa FL).

I've made it my goal this year to relocate.

Before anyone says, "But I have a house and a job here, stay and fight" and all the usual nonsense...yes I have a job and a house here, in fact I have two full time IT Manager jobs here and multiple rental properties. I'll keep the properties here but move elsewhere and only visit here to check on the houses. This assault on freedom is ridiculous. I can't take it anymore. And we've already lost this battle here. AWB, high capacity magazines, background checks for ammo purchases are next.

Everyday I have to research and wonder if I'm in danger of going to prison just for possessing something.....
Either NV or FL will be better than WA but if I was relocating to avoid firearm restrictions I'd consider the fact that Florida has been crazy busy with red flag confiscations.

Last Edited:
The bigger issue in your thread post for me is the "make them criminals" part.

No matter what State we are in, government leaders are creating a situation where by their own examples rules and laws are seen as "elastic" and optional to follow. The problem is that when being made defacto criminals by the government, the local citizenry will soon say "screw it. I am not going to follow any of your laws." That is the path to serious disfunction and anarchy - both hidden and overt. :s0125:

Gonna boost or comment on my own post. I just saw the following news post. Check it out and then look at the responses in the comments. Seems like it illustrates my initial point:

I am here to stay.
As for gun laws....laws only work if one wishes to obey them....
'Course one also has to be willing to accept the consequences of not abiding by the law.
I know where I stand on certain laws...as well as understanding what my actions may do.
Andy

Although I'm in Oregon (which is ALMOST analogous to CA and WA) it isn't so much the gun restrictions for me, because I'll basically do what I want (always have)... it's the FRAKIN' TAXES that I'm paying to those greedy, EVIL, wasteful, POS's in Salem!

Frak me, the difference between the gross and net columns on my pay stubs.... o_O

The west is expanding exponentially. No sense in going anywhere else, it will all be the same in time.

If you want to move to a more gun friendly state. Pick an older east coast state that has been gun friendly for its entire time as a state.

The new west coast states are still growing and will change drastically over the next couple generations.

I'm not going anywhere... Stock up... Do what I can...
I'm with this ^ guy, I aint running. I'll do my best to be a thorn in the side of the commies.

To everyone who wants to run, I'll bet the farm that these same unconstitutional laws find you, no matter where you go, and a whole lot sooner than people think. States are dropping like flies (cant beat that Bloomberg $). Isn't it a pretty sure bet we will see a fedral AWB, mag bans, etc. the next time the authoritarian left take the White House?
To me, it feels like the game has changed. The Anti's are all in, the mask is off, the burner has been set to high, nowhere is safe.

Moving to Michigan some time soon, maybe this yr but it is not because of anything such as running away from commies like bob ferguson here in wa, though I must admit he does make me want to leave.

It is because my son and grand kids live in MI and my wife wants to retire ether this yr or next and we can afford it thanks to retirement accounts doing well enough. Thanks Obama! :p:eek::rolleyes:

Seems housing cost are about 10 yrs behind what they are here in the NCW area. about 300k to 350k for a decent rural house with land and possibly a nice shop. Sure you can spend much more but you don't have to.

I want enough land so we are far enough from my neighbors so they can't here my dogs barking or smell what we are cooking for dinner. This way they are not in my business when they shouldn't be.

MI is supposedly still depressed from the downturn in the auto industry. I don't care, I have my own business, does not depend on the locals walking in. I don't plan on looking for employment locally but may consider it to get insurance for the next few yrs.

Moving to Michigan some time soon, maybe this yr but it is not because of anything such as running away from commies like bob ferguson here in wa, though I must admit he does make me want to leave.

It is because my son and grand kids live in MI and my wife wants to retire ether this yr or next and we can afford it thanks to retirement accounts doing well enough. Thanks Obama! :p:eek::rolleyes:

Seems housing cost are about 10 yrs behind what they are here in the NCW area. about 300k to 350k for a decent rural house with land and possibly a nice shop. Sure you can spend much more but you don't have to.

I want enough land so we are far enough from my neighbors so they can't here my dogs barking or smell what we are cooking for dinner. This way they are not in my business when they shouldn't be.

MI is supposedly still depressed from the downturn in the auto industry. I don't care, I have my own business, does not depend on the locals walking in. I don't plan on looking for employment locally but may consider it to get insurance for the next few yrs.
I wish you well on your relocation plans.

Revolving door syndrome will get the best of people every time. Throw a mass shooting in here and there, put people in panic mode, and watch the pay raises come in. And the feds are "ALL IN". Lefts can red ink this until pigs fly and the feds will be "ALL IN" with that also. They know red ink is red ink and the doors at the gun shops, aka "revolving door", will be ALWAYS open to biz. Throw a little hiccup like mandatory background checks to get the dragons off their backs, which we knew was going to happen loooong time ago but were lucky it lasted as long as it did, and everything in mr gov cheese's pocket book will be :cool:. State border lines mean nothing.

Can't say about Seattle but Portland has:

1. crap weather
2. rude poeple with zero common sense
3. homeless everywhere and they have more rights than taxpayers
4. police who are told not to do their jobs by locals and their bosses
5. drugs everywhere
6. local gov who spends millions on reducing the # of parking spaces and traffic lanes while # of cars has tripled
7. around 10-20 shootings per week (not kidding)
8. Sky high taxes and water bills
9. Residents who want to get in everyone's business and tell them what they should be doing
10. Bad schools
11. Horrible traffic
12. Residents that hate cars and want everyone to ride the bus or bicycle in the rain like them

And all that is before even talking about locals' views on guns or gun laws. Can't wait to get out of this H hole.

Last Edited:
The physical geography here is too beautiful for me to leave. Tampa is nice to visit January through mid-April. I would not want to live there at present. I am holding out for change in the political landscape here.

Can't say about Seattle but Portland has:

1. crap weather
2. rude poeple with zero common sense
3. homeless everywhere and they have more rights than taxpayers
4. police who are told not to do their jobs by locals and their bosses
5. drugs everywhere
6. local gov who spends millions on reducing the # of parking spaces and traffic lanes while # of cars has tripled
7. around 10-20 shootings per week (not kidding)
8. Sky high taxes and water bills
9. Residents who want to get in everyone's business and tell them what they should be doing
10. Bad schools
11. Horrible traffic
12. Residents that hate cars and want everyone to ride the bus or bicycle in the rain like them

And all that is before even talking about locals' views on guns or gun laws. Can't wait to get out of this H hole.

Dead on, brother.

I would LOVE to GFOD, now that WA is morphing into CA. Unfortunately many conditions conspire to make that not feasible. Being old and having some medical needs that benefit from continuity of care, just picking up and moving isn't an option.
We lived in TX. Great place to live, but the Dems are conducting mass population displacement there and it may flip soon enough to make somewhere else a better choice. WY is lovely if you can hack the winters.
Like it says on WRSA spicy times are coming soon to an area near you, wherever you are. Buy lots of ammo now.

My plan for a while has been to move when I retire. I could retire as soon as fall of this year - I will have to wait and see how things work out. I may work longer, I may not, I may get laid off (which would actually be nice as I would then get UI benefits; no one is going to hire a 66 year old software engineer). I may semi-retire, and if I do I may work remotely.

But I also have had another plan in addition to that; to get residence in S. Dakota. Pro gun, low tax state where it is easy to get residence for people who are retired and travel. If I do not intend to take up residence here, doesn't mean I can't have a place to lay my head here - as long as I spend most of my time elsewhere. I don't have to spend most of my time in S. Dakota either.

However, if the left takes over the senate and the White House after the elections this year, the timing may be tight (they may put a priority on national gun laws), and then the whole situation becomes very difficult as there is nowhere to be legal.

I will just have to wait and see.

Something to think about before moving. If you live in Oregon, the background check is done through the Oregon State Police. You might want to buy all of those guns you have been thinking about getting before moving. The state you move to won't know what guns you have. From my understanding now, the feds would have to gather all of the forms from the gun shops just to know who they sold the guns to. Typically what happens when a gun is involved in a crime is the gun is traced to the manufacturer, then to the gun shop, and finally to the owner. It seems to me if people move out of state, the goverment will have a hard time knowing where the guns are, unless you foolishly fill out a gun registry.

I've thought about moving after I retire, that said I live in a small town with folks that think a lot like I do, so I don't feel the need to move right away. Now if I lived in a big city, I'd do my utmost to move to a small town, just 40 miles outside of Seattle it's like another world.
Funny to that even in the same county here there is so much difference. I tend to forget since we have been out here a year and a half now. We lived in Tacoma for over 20 years in the same place, NW side close to bridge. Crime was not "bad" but showing up. First thing I noticed moving out here to east county was bikes and such. Walking my dogs and a lot of homes kids had their bikes sitting in front yard all summer. That told me right there we were in a better spot as the place we came from no one did that. If they did the damn things were gone. That and that so far I have yet to see a loose pitbull running around. I often wonder how long it will take till the crap catches up with us out here now:mad:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top