Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Oregon Top gun control proposal expected to return after death in 2019 Legislature

Reactions
They "want to stem the tide of gun death". That's laughable. Focusing on unenforcable laws will make no difference on gun deaths in a state with already low levels of gun violence.

If they wanted to seriously reduce gun deaths then promoting firearm education starting early, combating screen addiction, and fostering a sense of community instead of isolation would make a bigger difference.

Of course we already know that though and the reason for restricting guns has nothing to do with violence.

WoodsPlinker

Reactions
This made me raise my eyebrows:

"we are used to incremental change"

I wish we could say the same, death by a thousand paper cuts.

Maybe you could make that statement about firearm technology and the lawmakers ability to keep up. We are used to laws being mute a few years after they are introduced.... You know, incremental technological advancements to give us back what we want.

Which I wish I could be more happy about, but all I see is wasted effort for the most part. Imagine the engineering hours spent coming up with new ways to bypass some stupid restriction a politician put in place... Imagine how better spent that effort could have been.

I do a lot of imagining, we probably would be the jetsons by now if it wasnt for beaurocrats.

Reactions
Another reason to have pro gun legislation drafted in the off season so as to flood the process come next legislative session...

Besides I keep seeing there was a two year deal cut for the business tax to fund education, er pers, er sitting parties special interests...

We’ll need to be more ready and more involved in 2020...

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I bugged these guys for a while as I was on the fence as to what safe to buy. There are so many...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim is fantastic! He does great work and does it in a timely manner! He reblued a Colt slide for...
    • hker71
  • Aloha Surplus
    4.00 star(s)
    Its always fun to check out the surplus stuff they have. Some is reasonably priced, some not so...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I recently sent in a project gun to Mr. Copeland to slick up an action and thread the barrel...
    • CountryGent
  • All That Glitters - Milwaukie
    5.00 star(s)
    Whenever I am in the area, I like to drop in to see what they have. Not a super big store, but...
    • trekkerpaul

Staff online