JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good stuff, Rob Pincus is the man, and the videos are always good. For what it's worth though, when I first started carrying my Glock, I carried for about 2 weeks without a round chambered to build my confidence. I know people will say I'm dumb or whatever, but that's what I was comfortable with at the time. Now I could never see myself carrying without one in the chamber.

Wait, I'm not supposed to shove my loaded glock into my pants? Damn rappers..

Sent from my Nexus 4 to annoy people who can't skip one line of text.

The key thing to (re)holstering a Glock (and similar equipped kit) and mitigating the chances for ND into your body (or anywhere else) is place your finger tip behind the trigger so its between the trigger and the rear of the finger well, thus preventing the trigger from getting pulled if it snags on your clothing, etc. So simple that it actually works.

On a side note, the instructor in that video is a REFRESHING change from the "youtube Yeager" types typically seen... I may actually purchase the premium membership access to that site.

I've been where he went with only the gun hand available, twice and had to draw. He pretty much nails it

If we could predict the exact scenario we will face, we wouldn't be there in the first place

No round in the chamber is like have unprotected sex at a Hore house with a condom in your pocket. Think ahead before something bad could happen to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The key thing to (re)holstering a Glock (and similar equipped kit) and mitigating the chances for ND into your body (or anywhere else) is place your finger tip behind the trigger so its between the trigger and the rear of the finger well, thus preventing the trigger from getting pulled if it snags on your clothing, etc. So simple that it actually works.

I was just being a smart-*** lol.

A very good video with content that makes one think about simple things that can be the difference between L&D situations.
It takes allot of practice to carry every day, I live out in the sticks so I can practice drawing & holstering anytime I feel I need to with one in the pipe and I have carried for many years without an incident (knocking hard on wood). But at many gun ranges (for those who live in the Burbs) they frown on or have rules against draw & fire, so it is off to the pits with the masses for practice (which sometimes is an eye opener on what "NOT to do"). While I realize that being ready for anything all the time takes a certain mindset that most will not acquire for years, one must think about different scenarios constantly and always need to be aware of your surroundings at ALL TIMES, every day.
Good luck out there and be safe.

This video hit the issue on the nose. Honestly, for the guys who don't feel comfortable carrying a semi auto with a round in the chamber, they should switch over to an sa/da revolver.

No point in carrying an unloaded firearm, same with keeping an unloaded firearm out. If one of mine are out (which theres usually about 4) they're all loaded. There wont be any magic time to run to the safe, load and grab one.

all in all it is good to see that most people understand that if you are going to carry it is best to have a loaded gun not an empty gun to defend yourself with. (if you have to rack the slide then you have a empty gun) nothing says you will have a second hand to rack the slide or even a strong hand to rack the slide (one handed). so unless you can rack the slide with your weak hand only in about a 1/2 second then you have a very expensive rock.

Always a good idea to carry with a round in the chamber. I choose my daily carry weapon " Kimber UCC " because I can either have it on the factory safe or half cocked . Practice makes for excellent reaction under stress . Every gun owner has the responsibility to practice . That doesn't mean you have to fire either . There are several steps before you fire and steps after you fire as well. I enjoy his videos as well . Thank you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top