JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So far as I know, the definition of a pistol says it is designed to be operated with 1 hand. So that is the way designed & bought by you. But persons firing pistols commonly use 2 hands, standard training & procedure. So, if then you add a foregrip, you haven't changed the way it was designed. Someone might argue that now it is a new gun redesigned by you?

And adding a foregrip does not make it so you can't shoot with one hand. You just added something. Now aside from that, I don't see how it could be defined as an ANY OTHER. For an ANY OTHER is concealable. Now an AK-47 pistol is not readily concealable, neither are other pistols which are really rifles that don't have a stock & get sold as pistols (like the PTR).

Be that as it may, I would be afraid to add the foregrip because who knows how a court would rule.

Welcome GumB' :) .

I've read the ATF letters* that specifically address the pistol grip and AFG and they are clear. The earlier posts are correct. A PG on an AR (or AK) pistol is a no-no without a stamp, an AFG is good to go without.

(*I'm too lazy to post them, but they are easily googled.)

Edit: Double welcome! I'm originally from the ABE area.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR