JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So far as I know, the definition of a pistol says it is designed to be operated with 1 hand. So that is the way designed & bought by you. But persons firing pistols commonly use 2 hands, standard training & procedure. So, if then you add a foregrip, you haven't changed the way it was designed. Someone might argue that now it is a new gun redesigned by you?

And adding a foregrip does not make it so you can't shoot with one hand. You just added something. Now aside from that, I don't see how it could be defined as an ANY OTHER. For an ANY OTHER is concealable. Now an AK-47 pistol is not readily concealable, neither are other pistols which are really rifles that don't have a stock & get sold as pistols (like the PTR).

Be that as it may, I would be afraid to add the foregrip because who knows how a court would rule.

Welcome GumB' :) .

I've read the ATF letters* that specifically address the pistol grip and AFG and they are clear. The earlier posts are correct. A PG on an AR (or AK) pistol is a no-no without a stamp, an AFG is good to go without.

(*I'm too lazy to post them, but they are easily googled.)

Edit: Double welcome! I'm originally from the ABE area.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads