JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
how do you run out of toilet paper? could you imagine sitting there and hearing that you are out and the neighbor is too? of course i would be out or thats what i would tell you. tp is just as precious as bullets.

According to data others have gathered on this subject, a variety of materials were used in lands and eras prior to the invention of toilet paper:

Newsprint, paper catalogue pages in early US
Discarded sheep's wool in the Viking Age, England
Frayed end of an old anchor cable was used by sailing crews from Spain and Portugal
Straw, hay, grass, corn cobs, Sears Roebuck catalog, mussel shell, newspaper, leaves, sand- United States
Water and your left hand, India
Coconut shells in early Hawaii
Lace was used by French Royalty
Public restrooms in Ancient Rome- A sponge soaked in salt water, on the end of a stick
The wealthy in Ancient Rome-wool and rosewater
French Royalty-lace, hemp
Hemp & wool were used by the elite citizens of the world
Defecating in the river was very common internationally
Bidet; France
Snow and tundra moss were used by early Eskimos

What will you use when the SHTF?

Wild dry grass does an excellent job, snow does too and gets you extra clean but can be a cold.

Whatever you use, watch for poison plant like oak, ivy and sumac and don't for get to keep an eye for ticks, not the place where I want tick or poison ivy.

Also please be sure to do it away form a water source, no since making yourselves or other sick or contaminating a good water source.

Wild dry grass does an excellent job, snow does too and gets you extra clean but can be a cold.

Whatever you use, watch for poison plant like oak, ivy and sumac and don't for get to keep an eye for ticks, not the place where I want tick or poison ivy.

Also please be sure to do it away form a water source, no since making yourselves or other sick or contaminating a good water source.

Not possible too poop uphill from water in the PNW!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top