JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We heard about it with the chip shortage, now the supply chain back up in making it worse
Took my wife's car in for servicing at Beaverton Toyota. Their lot is almost empty. I could not believe it, they usually have at least a few hundred cars for sale on that lot. They have another off site storage lot and it is empty also. The service guy said it will be at least a year before they can fill the lot again. I went on line to check their inventory and while they list cars, they are all, 'in transit'. Then I went on Kelly Blue Book and my wife's 2019 Rav 4 XLE Premium private party value is almost 8k more than the original price of the car in 2019. Good thing we are not in the market for a new or even used car. Crazy prices.

Horrible mess, but there are deals to be made. 2 members in my household have made very nice upgrades to their vehicles while at the same time making money in the process by selling their used vehicles for a decent profit.

The news tonight reported that new cars are up 9.8% while used cars are up a whopping 26%. Not everyone can afford a new car, so the used car demand is way up.

Last Edited:
As happens when its like this, sellers market for sure. ANY used car is now worth FAR more than it was a year ago. Of course like housing if you sell its hard to get back in so to speak. This too will shake out. In the mean time "Lets go Brandon". Hope all who wanted this are enjoying not having that HORRIBLE POTUS who made life SOOOOO bad. :s0140:

Vehicle shortage?
I went out and measured my truck. It's the same length it's always been.
I have a 2007 F-150 with 22,000 miles on it.
Maybe I'll park it outside today and watch the riots over who gets to buy it.

Vehicle shortage?
I went out and measured my truck. It's the same length it's always been.
I have a 2007 F-150 with 22,000 miles on it.
Maybe I'll park it outside today and watch the riots over who gets to buy it.
I heard they make a pill for that.

P.S. If the riots last for over four hours, they say you should call a doctor.

-Robert

We heard about it with the chip shortage, now the supply chain back up in making it worse
Took my wife's car in for servicing at Beaverton Toyota. Their lot is almost empty. I could not believe it, they usually have at least a few hundred cars for sale on that lot. They have another off site storage lot and it is empty also. The service guy said it will be at least a year before they can fill the lot again. I went on line to check their inventory and while they list cars, they are all, 'in transit'. Then I went on Kelly Blue Book and my wife's 2019 Rav 4 XLE Premium private party value is almost 8k more than the original price of the car in 2019. Good thing we are not in the market for a new or even used car. Crazy prices.

I bought a new 4Runner for the family back in August.

We looked at a lightly used year old 4R and it was $9k more than the brand spanking new one that we settled on. First vehicle i bought sight unseen(they had a similar one on the lot).
I am glad we made the purchase when we did. I have seen some horror stories of new vehicles going for $30-40k over sticker price now.

I have an F150 4WD. Low mileage and in great shape. I've had folks stop, knock on the door,
and want to make an offer. Additionally, I've received a couple of offers in the mail. I guess
I'm naive, but it bothers me that someone can get a list and know I own that truck.

I have an F150 4WD. Low mileage and in great shape. I've had folks stop, knock on the door,
and want to make an offer. Additionally, I've received a couple of offers in the mail. I guess
I'm naive, but it bothers me that someone can get a list and know I own that truck.
I've thought about seeing just how badly they want my truck. But honestly, I can't be bothered to pull it out of the garage and go down to the dealership.

You know something......
By telling the world (the country) about the jump in prices of new and used cars and the unavailability of cars here in the PNW......well, it makes Brandon look bad. Cough, cough.......

Let's Go Brandon!

Aloha, Mark

With Ford, the chip shortage is directly due to really, really bad luck. Their chip manufacturers they use are in TX and Japan, and both had fires. Which, tinfoil hat wise, makes you wonder, but that's what screwed Ford. I guess there's only like four or five actual manufacturers of chips for all auto companies.

This summer Wendle had something like 3-4M in new inventory on their lot and something like 20M in used. They're normally 40-50M in new and about twice that in used. The demand is real.

I'm very happy with my current daily driver, a 6 year old Outback with 80k on the clock - it looks and behaves like a brand new car. A newer one would be nice, too, but it's not a priority since this one feels fresh and happy. Anyhow, just to satisfy my curiosity, I stopped at a dealer last week to see what they might offer in trade on a new one (known in the auto seller business as "stealing a car"). No surprise, they low-balled the value of mine with an insulting cash offer, "good only today." No thanks, as a veteran of dozens of private sales and purchases, I know I can do $5-6k better selling it myself. Like I said, this was exactly what I expected.

But standing there in an EMPTY showroom, it was next part that got me. A new Outback with roughly the same features as mine will be available, sight unseen, 3-4 weeks from now. I can buy it today or kiss it goodbye. If I don't, someone else will snap it up by noon tomorrow. No test drive, tire-kicking, squeezing the leather or anything. But no worries, "there's another one like it scheduled in the pipeline sometime in mid-January."

F_ that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads