JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Brothers diesel truck broke down and the search for parts went nation wide. A support bracket on the back of the transmission broke and it took a week to find one in Texas. It arrived at the shop and had a big Crack in it. The shop then hunted for days and found one in Alabama which was shipped but the truck carrying it broke down and its two weeks late.

Pray your rigs hold together.

Another blog I read was a buyer in Maryland was looking for a new rig and could not find a new rig at any dealership in her big city. No stock.

We luckily jumped on a 2020 Tacoma right as the vehicles started to disappear. Glad we did. Looks like they are adding $5000-$8000 to anything they have to sell now.

I have a friend who sold his newish tundra back to the dealership for a grand more than what he bought it for. He thought he was getting a deal because he used it and sold it for more then he paid.

Recently he bought an atv and needs a truck to haul to around lol.

Here's another one, my gf took her car in for service and upon inspection the technician found a cracked bracket somewhere on the rear diff. Anyway the service guy said no parts, no loaner and drive carefully wtf?!?

Makes me wonder what I can get for the "white whale" (2000 Expedition, color white), 190K miles on it...
Older cars, but not too old.... Or the under $10k used market is pretty much unaffected.

The used car trouble begins with the late model stuff, lease returns, rental fleets, etc. Basically the first stop for those in the market for new but cant get one.

Ive bought & sold a few times recently (all under 5k) and its the same as its ever been,.

Car parts are becoming unobtainable so what happens to the small businesses in car repair?
It's a nightmare in auto repair right now.

Because of the huge push to Chinese-made auto repair parts, everything is garbage. OEM parts are nigh impossible to get. Quality made aftermarket ship sailed a decade ago.

Repair shops are loosing reputation every time a cheap aftermarket part fails, and drags their name through the mud.

Last Edited:
I've had offers on my 97 GMC Sierra 4wd Z71 80,000 miles but I couldn't replace it with anything comparable.
That's a real keeper, I wouldn't try to "upgrade" it.

I have a 2007 Titan with 90K miles on it. Best truck I ever owned. A person high on weed head-on'ed me 2 years ago in it. Fortunately the truck was repaired.

Now it's so "old" that my insurance guy keeps suggesting I remove it from "full coverage", say's it "isn't worth it" yeah right, if I lost ol' girl I'd be thrown into a market where old trucks are over $30K, nope. I'm keeping full coverage on it.

And new trucks of similar capabilities are at least $55K these days. It makes more sense to buy a sports car than a new truck.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top