JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My experience..

Yesterday, I went to Vancouver PD. There was no wait at the counter, just walked right up. I hand over my Oregon CHL, my ODL and my pre-filled application for an out of state concealed pistol license. She hands me back my CHL and says, "we don't need that but most people think they need to show us." She enters my application into the system, takes my payment, takes my electronic prints and states, "Ok, you'll get your card in the mail in 60 days." This took all of six, seven minutes or so.

Don't know if I did it wrong, but I did not leave with a paper-issued CHL, nor was I given that as an option. I left with a receipt for $49.25 and an instruction to monitor the mail for a plain envelope around mid June. As such, the process was a cake-walk, coming from a multnomah county CHL holder.

My experience..

Yesterday, I went to Vancouver PD. There was no wait at the counter, just walked right up. I hand over my Oregon CHL, my ODL and my pre-filled application for an out of state concealed pistol license. She hands me back my CHL and says, "we don't need that but most people think they need to show us." She enters my application into the system, takes my payment, takes my electronic prints and states, "Ok, you'll get your card in the mail in 60 days." This took all of six, seven minutes or so.

Don't know if I did it wrong, but I did not leave with a paper-issued CHL, nor was I given that as an option. I left with a receipt for $49.25 and an instruction to monitor the mail for a plain envelope around mid June. As such, the process was a cake-walk, coming from a multnomah county CHL holder.
They still have to run a background check…..

I understand that. Having no experience in WA, I did not know if they complete the background check themselves (like Oregon) or send it out. Learned it is sent out when I got there.

I understand that. Having no experience in WA, I did not know if they complete the background check themselves (like Oregon) or send it out. Learned it is sent out when I got there.
I got my card in 30 days. It's not a bad wait.

Any Oregon resident RECENTLY RENEW their WA CHL and if so, can you tell us how long it took for you to get your renewed card?

Ive always got mine thru the Clark County sheriffs office, also downtown Vancouover. Its always been a piece of paper but mine is now a plastic card nearly identical to Oregons.
(As an Oregon resident, my experience was like @Koda. I've always gone through CC Sheriff and this last renewal, the card was updated to a hard plastic card with a picture.)

RE : Post #18
Thanks for the link.

So then.....
Today, I went into the Vancouver PD (West Precinct) to re-new my CCW. And my son went to get his first CCW.

Cost of Re-newal = $32.00
Cost for New = $49.25

Yes....payment via CC is acceptable. Also, they photocopied my DL and old CCW. I still have my old one. The new one is expected in a couple of weeks. No biggie.

My son's permit will take a little longer. They also photocopied his DL. And YES. Fingerprints were required (which they did for FREE).

YES.....both of us are WA residents and have a WA DL.

Aloha, Mark

PS........BTW, I even got a post card in the mail to remind me that my re-newal time was coming up.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads