JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I sent my Arizona CWP application off in the mail today. I sent Utah off the day before yesterday. We'll see which one I get first. I already have my Oregon CHL, but want to legally carry when I travel.
Do other OR residents on here have Utah, Arizona, or other out of state permits? Do you use them?

I sent my Arizona CWP application off in the mail today. I sent Utah off the day before yesterday. We'll see which one I get first. I already have my Oregon CHL, but want to legally carry when I travel.
Do other OR residents on here have Utah, Arizona, or other out of state permits? Do you use them?
I have my Oregon and Utah permits but if I had it to do again I would get the Florida permit instead of Utah. They both reciprocate with the same states but Florida only honors the Utah permit for UTAH RESIDENTS, NOT non-residents, so If you travel to Florida BE AWARE that your Utah permit is NOT VALID and they will confiscate your weapon even if they don't prosecute you!

I have my Oregon and Utah permits but if I had it to do again I would get the Florida permit instead of Utah. They both reciprocate with the same states but Florida only honors the Utah permit for Utah RESIDENTS, NOT non-residents, so If you travel to Florida BE AWARE that your Utah permit is NOT VALID and they will confiscate your weapon even if they don't prosecute you!

Good to know, Larry. Thanks.

Just wondering what and how you CC?

I took a UT/AZ combo class from Blackstone this past weekend. Cost was, let's see, $125 plus an extra $25 to have them do the fingerprints for you there. Both AZ and UT are "shall issue" states, even for non-residents, so unless you have a record or something they are easy to get.

For OR residents getting these two additional permits gets you every state except: CA, MN, IL, HI, SC, PA, MD, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, NH, and Washington DC.

37 out of 50 states works for me. Those missing 13 states are sh!tholes I wouldn't want to visit anyways. Stupid states (sulk)!

I carry a Ruger SR9. Looking into something smaller/lighter for Summertime carry.

Looking into something smaller/lighter for Summertime carry.

Depending on how I am dressed (Jeans or suit/slacks) I carry either a Ruger LCP Custom or a S&W 9mm Shield in a Braid Wallet Holster. Fits in my back pocket like a wallet, prints like a wallet, can't even feel it sitting in chair or car (like a wallet), and it also unsnaps for pocket carry. I just slip it in my rear pocket every time I leave (like my wallet). It's EZ and the best holster I have found to make sure I "always carry".

Depending on how I am dressed (Jeans or suit/slacks) I carry either a Ruger LCP Custom or a S&W 9mm Shield in a Braid Wallet Holster. Fits in my back pocket like a wallet, prints like a wallet, can't even feel it sitting in chair or car (like a wallet), and it also unsnaps for pocket carry. I just slip it in my rear pocket every time I leave (like my wallet). It's EZ and the best holster I have found to make sure I "always carry".

Nice. I've talked to a few people now that really like the Shield.
I'm considering that option. Another option is to go old school and get a S&W .38 Special J-frame snub nosed revolver like detectives used to carry back in the day. I really like classic Smith revolvers. When it comes to something you plan to carry on you a lot of thought and trial and error has to go into it until you find what is just right for YOU.

I've had oregon and Utah for years. I travel a bit on my scooter and always carry. Had to unload land lock the xds up when I went to Chicago for a cubs game this summer, but no worries. Old Rahm had my Back!!!

I have OR, Utah and Arizona. Haven't traveled out of state to need them yet, but I'm planning to put them to use one of these days.
I agree about Florida, still considering getting one as that is probably one of the places I'll visit.

I took the combined class and applied for both Oregon and Utah at the same time. My Utah permit came in the mail months before our local Sheriff had an open appointment. I was thinking about getting another state which covered Nevada, but my Utah permit is now good there too.

At the present, I only have an Oregon CHL. I've had a WA one in the past. From reading this thread, it looks like getting a Utah one would cover WA, ID, and NV, which would be very handy indeed. I think I'll look into obtaining one.

I can't say that I'm even remotely surprised that there isn't on that covers CA. ;)

Oregon for almost 30 years. Utah for 10 or so, Arizona recently. No interest in visiting
the Northeast or Commiefornia----so fairly well covered.

I am able to carry in all 50 states and I do also have the Utah license. I either carry a Glock 19 in the little Glock plastic holster that they sell or a Shield 9mm in an OWB holster with a loose T-shirt. Occasionally I carry a Glock 42 in a pocket holster.

Forget Colorado, they have "Resident Permit Only" language which ended the Florida Workaround--and their prevailing attitude is "YOU need to make YOUR laws more like us. Otherwise, FOAD, self-defense is not among your rights here."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top