JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was going to list a gun on GB and they want my bank account number. I don't like the idea and did not give it to them. How long has this been going on? I haven't sold there in a long time.

Have bought several times but never sold with them and first I have heard of this. If this is some new requirement seems the real simple way would be just open a free checking account just for them. Some local banks here still offer free accounts with no fee and there are several you can open online that are free. I would NOT be comfortable at all giving them access to my account but, this way you can have it where there is no real money at risk.

They've always required my CC for selling, which I've done many times. I'll have to check into this... they take collection of their fees very seriously and it's difficult to get them back in the case of a non-paying bidder.

I gave in and this is the e-mail I got from them (shown below) this morning after just verifying my bank account yesterday in my profile. Of course there is no phone support at Gunbroker. I don't owe them a cent!!! Guess I'll have to wait and file fraud with my banking institution.

thumbnail_IMG_1178.jpg

Sales tax? I have a checking acct for GB only. I recently sold a gun and the invoice included $70 some dollars tax. I told the buyer there is no tax in Oregon. GB should know this unless there is something I am unaware of. Let me know how this washes out.

Sales tax? I have a checking acct for GB only. I recently sold a gun and the invoice included $70 some dollars tax. I told the buyer there is no tax in Oregon. GB should know this unless there is something I am unaware of. Let me know how this washes out.
It's relatively new, but the buyer must pay their state's respective sales tax. I assume they were out of state. If not, good look with GB "customer service."

I finally got a reply from e-mail support and I told them that I'm an Oregon resident. Even though that's irrelevant because I don't owe them money. I also tried to update my sales tax exemption in my buyer/seller profile but the server blocked me claiming I was malicious or some BS. 🤦‍♂️

Been a few since I bought from GB but when I did I had to pay sales tax here in WA. The way they did it here though was the FFL here told me to make sure the seller sent in invoice showing the actual cost I paid for the gun because the shop was then going to charge me WA sales tax on that sale. I have to guess some states went after GB for money since many of these places never get enough tax money to piss away. 🤬

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top