JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Our family owns and runs Unique Beverages llc which came out with Wired energy drinks. I brought a bunch to local events and just started getting called wired. It stuck. But here the username is already taken so I threw on the tactical part.

Gotta love that stuff 1 case at a time.

DSCI0399.jpg

That's me upside down...or is it the plane?

640 jumps later many of my friends still think I'm nuts.

Somehow I just can't get into the swing of golf like "normal" people!

For some time I have to admit I sort of wanted a LEO (Police, ATF, FBI, etc) baseball cap but it just felt not right, not to say stupid, childish and pretentious. Several years ago I saw friend walk out of a gun show wearing a new custom Civilian cap. I immediately saw the humor of it and knew it was the solution to my "dilemma". It has since become my favorite cap which only wear on special occasions, sort of, lest I lose it. I've lost many favorite caps over the years.

As a joke I admit it is lame. But lamer still is I became a Bronze contributor just because I wanted to have the Civilian avatar to match the username. The 75? Just a number that means something to me.

Charon was acquired back in the BBS days, when I was way into mythology. I liked Charon, the ferryman of the dead from Greek mythology, so that's the handle I picked. (I also used a few others, but that one stuck.) PDX for Portland, my hometown, since just-plain-"Charon" tends to be taken on most boards nowadays. Now, I use the PDX on the end everywhere to avoid confusion.

I did have the problem early on that people though "Charon" was an alternate spelling of the female name "Sharon", and assumed I was female... Frequenting teenage-male-dominated BBSes in the late '80s with a name that some assumed to be female led to lots of unwanted solicitations. I just had fun messing with them. "Oh, yeah baby, that's right... Wait, you're a guy too?"

For some time I have to admit I sort of wanted a LEO (Police, ATF, FBI, etc) baseball cap but it just felt not right, not to say stupid, childish and pretentious. Several years ago I saw friend walk out of a gun show wearing a new custom Civilian cap. I immediately saw the humor of it and knew it was the solution to my "dilemma". It has since become my favorite cap which only wear on special occasions, sort of, lest I lose it. I've lost many favorite caps over the years.

As a joke I admit it is lame. But lamer still is I became a Bronze contributor just because I wanted to have the Civilian avatar to match the username. The 75? Just a number that means something to me.

I'd have gotten one that says, "Citizen". ;)

Connor MacLeod is the character from the Highlander movie played by Christopher Lambert. It's one of my favorite movies with some very cool weaponry. In Highlander, Connor MacLeod is one of the Immortals. Unfortunately, there are other Immortals who are intent on killing him. But how do you kill an Immortal? Watch the movie!

My favorite line from the movie: "I've only got one thing to say: It's better to burn out than to fade away!" -The Kurgan (another Immortal)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top