JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
how_about_NO.jpg

I don't wanna PLAY with you. You sound like a meanie.

Aloha, Mark

Dear Mods,

IMO discussions of ethnic and racial trends always get ugly.

Isn't there something in the rules that prohibits talking about any "groups" ???

so what was your point?

i can throw guesses out... wanna play 20 questions? Is your point that black people commit a disproportionate amount of crime? And if so, what is your solution to that apparent problem?

just man up. Vague allusions/dog whistles are weak as bubblegum dude.
You doing ok B? You seem to be on edge. You win whatever arguement we have going here. You know, it is actually possible to talk about racial interactions without being racist. Can we get back to the original topic? Because this will lead to thread closure.

Dear Mods,

IMO discussions of ethnic and racial trends always get ugly.

Isn't there something in the rules that prohibits talking about any "groups" ???

There is.

This thread isn't a discussion on racially charged topics, nor does it have anything to do with race.

Back on topic.

You doing ok B? You seem to be on edge. You win whatever arguement we have going here. You know, it is actually possible to talk about racial interactions without being racist. Can we get back to the original topic? Because this will lead to thread closure.
I asked a perfectly valid question. And yes - i freely admit that racism and allusions to racism "trigger" me, for good reason. So my perfectly valid question was frosted with the righteous indignation i feel - but a valid question it is, all the same.

and i promise, every goddamn thread i open where i see dog whistling, i will call it out and expose it for what it is. Ive been banned over and over for it, ill surely soon be banned permanently for it.

i was once a very active member on this board, supported the board, tried to offer a balancing perspective to the otherwise generally unopposed right-wing vibe of this board that's harmful to the cause by being so incredibly exclusionary to those of us who fully support the second amendment and want to band together to fight the erosion of ALL our rights... but this white nationalist bullbubblegum moved in and i moved out. Along with every other even somewhat moderate or left-leaning gun rights supporter.

its a damn shame.

as to this thread - i made my point. Or rather, i guess homeboy made my point for me.

Racism crawls back under the rug when you shine a light on it.

WHY was I not surprised? When I saw the photo of the suspect, Tyree.

Whatever.....perhaps that's YOUR baggage showing?

Aloha, Mark

So I've actually read a similar comment made by another member recently. I'd like to ask a question........

What exactly about the suspects photo wasn't surprising?

RE: Post #47

IMHO.....you (The B) were far from asking a valid question. Post #33

YOU (well, at least it appeared to me) were trying to get me to talk about RACISM issues. As I said...."YOUR baggage".

I do NOT wish to further your agenda. Have a nice day.

Thomas-Sowell4.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I asked a perfectly valid question. And yes - i freely admit that racism and allusions to racism "trigger" me, for good reason. So my perfectly valid question was frosted with the righteous indignation i feel - but a valid question it is, all the same.

and i promise, every goddamn thread i open where i see dog whistling, i will call it out and expose it for what it is. Ive been banned over and over for it, ill surely soon be banned permanently for it.

i was once a very active member on this board, supported the board, tried to offer a balancing perspective to the otherwise generally unopposed right-wing vibe of this board that's harmful to the cause by being so incredibly exclusionary to those of us who fully support the second amendment and want to band together to fight the erosion of ALL our rights... but this white nationalist bullbubblegum moved in and i moved out. Along with every other even somewhat moderate or left-leaning gun rights supporter.

its a damn shame.

as to this thread - i made my point. Or rather, i guess homeboy made my point for me.

Racism crawls back under the rug when you shine a light on it.
Okay then. Try to enjoy your day.

What exactly about the suspects photo wasn't surprising?
Let me address YOU and your question. Since you are better at asking questions.

Have you ever taken notice of how the media tends to NOT describe suspects? Rrrrright.....they want the public to know about a crime. And, they want the public's help to catch the criminal.

BUT, what happens if/when the suspect is of a, "protected class"?

YUP.....a very large part of a suspect's description seems to be frequently left out. So.....who am I suppose to be looking for? What's the suspect's description?

This is a made-up example.

Description #1.
Male, early 30s, about 5'8", 200 lbs.....wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and black pants. Oooops....I forgot about his black Covid mask.

Or

Description #2.
_____insert whatever race_____, male, early 30s, about 5'8", 200 lbs.....wearing a black hooded sweat shirt and black pants and he was wearing a black Covid mask.

Which description is BETTER?

But wait......
Maybe, so as to not insult anyone? Maybe, they should also leave the gender out too? (roll eyes skyward)

IMHO.....
A suspect's description is just that.

Yes.....even the eyewitnesses could get some stuff wrong sometimes.

Example: IF....you didn't KNOW already. Would you say that Kamala Harris was __________ or ___________? Would you have even come close? Should someone in error......be drawn over hot coals over a mistake like that?

Yup......sometimes it happens in Court. But......that's another story.

So in conclusion.....
If someone chooses to jump to conclusions.......and make nothing or almost everything.....into a racial issue or gender issue, to look for a justification to show anger or to start a fight. (shake head, side to side)

Perhaps it's about.....their own baggage (aka: "YOUR baggage").

Standard disclaimer here.
NOT EVERYONE is included in a group.
Yeah.....I said media. Sorry, to those media folks that may have been offended by my post.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Uh yea, sure looks like it dawg. Because again: whats your point, and whats your solution? Death camps, selective deportations based on ancestral origin?

why bring up race as if its relevant to some question nobody even asked?

what is your point, and what is your solution?
Pointing out facts of cultural failings can sometimes help to encourage those who are failing to "do better."

Pointing out facts of cultural failings can sometimes help to encourage those who are failing to "do better."
jesus christ.. i was gonna leave this thread alone - but this is som'n else.

Im not even gonna ask the basis for it - i know you have none. But application - can you at least apply it? At all? On any level?

Urban poor black criminals arent members of NWFA. They dont read these threads. They wont hear that "fact" of cultural failing. The black members of this board arent networked with urban black poor criminals from all across this country. They arent going to get on the phone to all urban poor black criminals and tell them "stop that, entire population of american urban poor black criminals." Like.. is that what you visualize here, with this argument?

and even if this were possible (lol), do you think all of the urban poor black criminals out there would consider themselves a part of a whole problem, for which they all need to collectively respond to in kind, as group? or do you think, as criminal antisocials, they'd consider themselves individuals making individual decisions, living individual lives, regardless of the groupings and labels others put on them?

Or do you think one black person can be held accountable, on any level, for the collective behavior of all of the other members of any group they may be labeled into by others? Like... if im a law abiding black conservative gun owner and member of NWFA - do you think i have some responsibility for the behavior of this dude that shot this coastie?

Set aside entirely the fact that if a black NWFA member were to approach any random member of the urban poor black criminal population, they'd likely end up in a gunfight. Because they are NOT members of the same group of ANYTHING. to think otherwise is grossly, embarrassingly ignorant

Or if im just missing it entirely... Explain how exactly your argument can actually be applied, please...

jesus christ.. i was gonna leave this thread alone - but this is som'n else.

Im not even gonna ask the basis for it - i know you have none. But application - can you at least apply it? At all? On any level?

Urban poor black criminals arent members of NWFA. They dont read these threads. They wont hear that "fact" of cultural failing. The black members of this board arent networked with urban black poor criminals from all across this country. They arent going to get on the phone to all urban poor black criminals and tell them "stop that, entire population of american urban poor black criminals." Like.. is that what you visualize here, with this argument?

and even if this were possible (lol), do you think all of the urban poor black criminals out there would consider themselves a part of a whole problem, for which they all need to collectively respond to in kind, as group? or do you think, as criminal antisocials, they'd consider themselves individuals making individual decisions, living individual lives, regardless of the groupings and labels others put on them?

Or do you think one black person can be held accountable, on any level, for the collective behavior of all of the other members of any group they may be labeled into by others? Like... if im a law abiding black conservative gun owner and member of NWFA - do you think i have some responsibility for the behavior of this dude that shot this coastie?

Set aside entirely the fact that if a black NWFA member were to approach any random member of the urban poor black criminal population, they'd likely end up in a gunfight. Because they are NOT members of the same group of ANYTHING. to think otherwise is grossly, embarrassingly ignorant

Or if im just missing it entirely... Explain how exactly your argument can actually be applied, please...
I'm going to avoid getting into a back and forth about something that it appears you are very emotionally involved in. But from an outside perspective, it appears you are offended about the fact of disproportionality in who commits violent crime in this country. Acknowledging this fact in disproportionality is not racist.

I think if this fact was discussed on a national level with earnest desire to determine methods how to improve the situation, it could help. However the fact of severe disproportionality is for the most part largely ignored because it illicits a lot of emotional responses as a discussion topic rather than constructive conversation for how to improve the situation. Hence the problem persists because people continue to isolate themselves from uncomfortable truths rather than address it.

Getting back to the OP, which is a coast guard lady getting killed by a POS thief.

The lesson here is that a gun used as a compliance tool is problematic and "bad guys" don't think like good guys so predicting someone will comply just because a gun is point at them is poor planning.

Status

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top