JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
This is absolutely a tragedy and I am glad the thug was apprehended, however after watching the video, I feel like there are lessons to be learned.

Long story short - This Patriot, serving her country, confronted a POS thief that was rifling her car at night. She was on the phone with 911 whilst holding the perp at gunpoint. Unfortunately the perp was also armed, (with a gun he stole from a car up the street 11 days earlier) got the drop on her and shot her dead.

I think a lesson learned is don't try to be a cop by holding someone at gun point for stealing property. It puts you at great risk of either being killed or killing someone else and facing the liberal laws.

I think another lesson learned is that dead thieves tell no tales......

USCG Member Murdered

They don't do second offences and they can't sue you.:)
But the anti-gunners will crucify you and parade you down the town square to make a big stink to show everyone what happens when you protect your family or yourself with an evil gun..

Last Edited:
That's too bad. I think I commented a few times on the Seattle youtube berserker thread of the likelihood of him being shot and was poopooed for it.
Watch your topknot.

Everybody has their own personal policy, their line in the sand.

Mine is that I got insurance for my stuff.

Come into my home while I or mine is there tho, that is a totally diff story!!!

I wonder how often they win.o_O
I guess it would depend on how much they paid for their lawyer.:mad:
I'm afraid that lately my respect for the entire system is. :s0170:
They don't win often but just having to go thru the trial process will cost you a large amount of money. Meanwhile, they will claim that they're broke.

This is very sad news. I'm retired Army but have the greatest respect for the Coast Guard and the Marines. Those two services really do so much with so little.

What surprises me is he's being charged with 2nd degree murder.
His gun was not drawn in the act of his crime. When she detained him at gunpoint, he thought about and decided to draw and shoot.
Ah, fuggit. Fire up the wood chipper.

The huge prevalence of security cameras does tho...
Unfortunately you are very correct. I'm sure the best course of action would have been to stay safe in the house and let insurance take care of it. But man, it would be tremendously hard to watch a POS thief walk off with your hard earned possessions. Especially when you consider as a member of the military, you are not very well paid and probably had to scrimp and save to buy those things. :mad: :mad:

Unfortunately you are very correct. I'm sure the best course of action would have been to stay safe in the house and let insurance take care of it. But man, it would be tremendously hard to watch a POS thief walk off with your hard earned possessions. Especially when you consider as a member of the military, you are not very well paid and probably had to scrimp and save to buy those things. :mad: :mad:
Stay safe or confront evil?

Note: LOL..... is placed here. At the beginning.

This incident and the comments got me thinking (oh, this is DANGEROUS).....

Not speaking about the Physically Disabled or Mentally Unstable/unable at this point.

So, my thought is that. I suspect that for some.....they might see an amount of "Privilege" showing in some statements. Yes.....I didn't take the formal classes at school. But, I think that I MIGHT know something about CRT.

Anyway..... hold my beer and check this out.

Not everyone can get a:

Job (or steady work).
Home (even if it were a rental or leased).
Car (even if were a rental or leased)
Position in the military.

Rrrrrright.......for most of us.......we believe that the "stuff" we have is a result of hard work and effort. And.....thanks to teachers and our parents, we learned during our formative years, to gain skills (such as: reading, writing, arithmetic, history, science, etc.... etc.....). And.....those skills and your knowledge was probably tested at some point. Think about the numerous tests you have taken.

And so?

Well.....let me sum this up.....

I used to say that young people w/o a job and not much hope....should maybe....try the military.

But then.....
To get into the military (be it the USAF, US Army, US Navy, USCG) for the most part you have to have a H.S . degree to get your foot through the door.

Right, and?

Remember.....tests are......RACIST. How is a person of color even suppose to make it far in society? Especially, when society has "tests" standing in the way.

Maybe, the Governor of OR had it RIGHT.

Huh?

Yeah, if a test wasn't required to show min. competency to get a HS Degree.....he could have been a CEO of a Fortune 500 company making millions. Just based on "equity" alone.....there should be more black CEOs.

But Wait.....there's more.

The systemic racism (via tests).......has led this young man to thieving (if you wanna call it that). The theft, only occurred because society has failed the man of color. Think of the THEFT as REPARATIONS. Hummmm.... Yeah. For the inequities and unequal treatment that he has faced throughout his life.

But Wait.....there's even more.

The shooting?

Well....the mere racial make up of the victim (her whiteness) reminded him of the oppression that his ancestors and he/himself has faced. Yeah....that white woman's presence and the fact that she wished him to go to jail. White people wanting to enslave black people, again. Yup.....the result was somewhat predictable given the situation.

So YES, she was killed. But let's not concentrate on the dead.

Instead, let's concern ourselves with the future. This young man has many, many redeeming values. Need I elaborate? Wait...the family of the suspect and the news media will be by shortly.

And so, it'll all probably come to pass.....

That the Political Leadership, The Judge, The DA and the defense.....all of them, will probably have statements to make about how the system needs fixing......to balance out the inequities.

"Too many people of color are going to prison."

In the end. Even IF.....
He gets a life sentence (for murder, while in the Commission of Robbery).....chances are, he won't do the FULL time.

Rrrrright......Carry On. No Justice. No Peace.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Horrible. For me it is very simple; if gun comes out, gun gets used. There is simply no other circumstance where I will draw.

Those two services really do so much with so little.
Thank you for posting that!

Our equipt, USCG, for instance radio gear, used to come from Navy when they no longer wanted it... however nowadays much better funded I understand. Coast Guard is good at cross training... working as an Avionics Tech, I did a bit of everything from washing helos, to changing brakes, engines, and rotor blades besides fixing radios and nav gear. One time I was amazed when we landed at a Navy base and the guy with the wash wand that did the engines for us said that was all he did... all day every day. Wow.

We would do well to remember that the crims are living in the same world that we are and they are just as well aware as we that there are essentially ZERO consequences for property crimes.

They have been emboldened by our pathetic leadership and know they will be back on the streets before the paperwork is dry.

Choose your hills wisely.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews