JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ya know what's interesting? That young lady officer sure called it.

She tried de-escalating the other officers, letting them know she knows him and he runs a neighborhood safety course, yada yada.... then flat out tells the other officers when they do not appear to be de-escalating... "that's a lawsuit waiting to happen."

NAILED it!! 🤣

Cleveland?

Wasn't rioting off the hook in Cleveland during the "Summer of Love" back in 2020? Did Cleveland Police aggressively pursue, arrest, and fully prosecute all the rioters, looters, pillagers, etc., who were actually guilty of crimes?

Or did they stand down, let things slide, reduce charges, etc?

But they arrest and charge this guy who was not breaking the law?

Don't mind me. I'm just asking questions. :rolleyes:

May have been legal. Didn't look like a smart thing to do.
Yeah. Roaming the streets solo with a shotty at patrol ready and non-concealed body armor is kinda begging to draw the wrong kind of attention. I understand the desire to demonstate and express your rights, but there are better ways to do it that don't make you appear to onlookers like a potential active shooter on the prowl for targets.

Being a bit uncooperative and beligerant doesn't help either... although... he wasn't breaking any laws and the LE response was out of line. Some of the audio in the patrol car... the LEO's where determined to not let it stand and discussing any excuse they could use against him. Ie., He can't wear body armor while carrying can he?

It could have gone worse though. Especially with all the mass shootings lately, he's kinda lucky some good samaritan didn't decide to drop him.

I fully support open carry, but "reading the room" and a little common sense should apply. Otherwise it's just feeding the propaganda machine that all gun owners are dangerous... vs... furthering the 2A cause through lawful demonstration.

I wonder. What "would" be the best way to accomplish something like that?

Go in pairs with a buddy and maybe matching hi-vis wind breakers/T's with something printed on them? Ie., "Stand up to neighborhood crime" or "neighbors against violence"?

I don't think you can have anything that would indicate "patrol" or "security" without being licensed/authorized by the state... can you?

A 2 man detail though would at least break away and differentiate yourselves from the "lone gunman" stereotype that is certain to key up suspicions.

Yeah. Roaming the streets solo with a shotty at patrol ready and non-concealed body armor is kinda begging to draw the wrong kind of attention. I understand the desire to demonstate and express your rights, but there are better ways to do it that don't make you appear to onlookers like a potential active shooter on the prowl for targets.

Being a bit uncooperative and beligerant doesn't help either... although... he wasn't breaking any laws and the LE response was out of line. Some of the audio in the patrol car... the LEO's where determined to not let it stand and discussing any excuse they could use against him. Ie., He can't wear body armor while carrying can he?

It could have gone worse though. Especially with all the mass shootings lately, he's kinda lucky some good samaritan didn't decide to drop him.

I fully support open carry, but "reading the room" and a little common sense should apply. Otherwise it's just feeding the propaganda machine that all gun owners are dangerous... vs... furthering the 2A cause through lawful demonstration.
No you don't.

Joe

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews