JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This is absolutely a tragedy and I am glad the thug was apprehended, however after watching the video, I feel like there are lessons to be learned.

Long story short - This Patriot, serving her country, confronted a POS thief that was rifling her car at night. She was on the phone with 911 whilst holding the perp at gunpoint. Unfortunately the perp was also armed, (with a gun he stole from a car up the street 11 days earlier) got the drop on her and shot her dead.

I think a lesson learned is don't try to be a cop by holding someone at gun point for stealing property. It puts you at great risk of either being killed or killing someone else and facing the liberal laws.

I think another lesson learned is that dead thieves tell no tales......

USCG Member Murdered
As backwards as our country is, I'm not even sure that holding someone at gun point is even considered legal for theft.

edit: It would be nice to be surprised once in a while when I read an article and then see the mugshot.

I wonder how often they win.o_O
I guess it would depend on how much they paid for their lawyer.:mad:
I'm afraid that lately my respect for the entire system is. :s0170:
While a good lawyer will know more than a poor lawyer, that's not how the legal system works, you don't buy your way out. The law is the law. A judge and jury decide. Not based on how much you pay. I know because much of my family are attorneys...

This is absolutely a tragedy and I am glad the thug was apprehended, however after watching the video, I feel like there are lessons to be learned.

Long story short - This Patriot, serving her country, confronted a POS thief that was rifling her car at night. She was on the phone with 911 whilst holding the perp at gunpoint. Unfortunately the perp was also armed, (with a gun he stole from a car up the street 11 days earlier) got the drop on her and shot her dead.

I think a lesson learned is don't try to be a cop by holding someone at gun point for stealing property. It puts you at great risk of either being killed or killing someone else and facing the liberal laws.

I think another lesson learned is that dead thieves tell no tales......

USCG Member Murdered
Depending on rank and training, USCG members are "cops", but I agree that a property crime is not worth a shooting. May she rest in peace. May the perp rot anywhere.

Depending on rank and training, USCG members are "cops", but I agree that a property crime is not worth a shooting. May she rest in peace. May the perp rot anywhere.
I understand what you're saying and in general terms it is not incorrect but....I did 20 years in the CG and 10 of those as a boarding officer "cop". That job is simply collateral duty. I was an Electronics Technician and that was my primary job that 95% of my schools and training were focused on. The majority of the training for LE is in fisheries/migrant/drug enforcement laws. You get about a week's worth of self-defense, gun retention, prisoner control etc. at "Boarding Officer School" and hit the range every 6 months. I used to do joint LE with the Solano and Contra Costa Sheriff's departments and they would remark that they'd never wear a gun with the small amount of training (and pay) the CG got.

Not in any real sense of the word. With the exception of actual LE CG. However, while on duty CG enforces maritime law, drug interdiction, etc. But while in the civilian world, no LE powers at all. What you see on NCIS strictly involves cases with military personnel.

I was a qualified Search and Rescue Aircrewman til 1980, the advent of both the Rescue Swimmer program and armed flights and boats, but my day job was Avionics. Most rescue helos have no arms onboard, those flights are done by maritime patrol. The most we ever did, while not on a rescue mission, was oil slick patrol. Pretty sure it's not much diff today.

after 9/11 the USCG changed , never the less She did make 2 grave mistakes
first she should of stayed inside and called the police , second if She decided to detain the dirt bag
she should of talked him to the ground prone position face down looking away legs crossed and arms spread out before touching her phone ,
USCG does teach better tactics to their LE 'federal officers" in todays world one thing they stress is
Do not approach alone always in pairs or more never put yourself in a one on one encounter

While a good lawyer will know more than a poor lawyer, that's not how the legal system works, you don't buy your way out. The law is the law. A judge and jury decide. Not based on how much you pay. I know because much of my family are attorneys...
No offense to you or your family members. But, your post (speaking of money as a connection) brought back memories of the incredible amount of TRUST that we have for Judges and Lawyers,

A Judge is THE JUDGE.

BUT, But, but.....(years later) why believe a convicted murderer?

But life goes on in Hawaii.

Not to mention that the former police chief of HPD (and his ex-deputy prosecutor wife) have their share of problems.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
after 9/11 the USCG changed , never the less She did make 2 grave mistakes
first she should of stayed inside and called the police , second if She decided to detain the dirt bag
she should of talked him to the ground prone position face down looking away legs crossed and arms spread out before touching her phone ,
USCG does teach better tactics to their LE 'federal officers" in todays world one thing they stress is
Do not approach alone always in pairs or more never put yourself in a one on one encounter
I retired in '05 and was a contractor for the CG until '18 and there was still minimal LE training for the non LEDET blue suiters. Things did change things around when they went to DHS from DOT after 9/11 but still not cops.

No offense to you or your family members. But, your post (speaking of money as a connection) brought back memories of the incredible amount of TRUST that we have for Judges and Lawyers,

A Judge is THE JUDGE.

BUT, But, but.....(years later) why believe a convicted murderer?

But life goes on in Hawaii.

Not to mention that the former police chief of HPD (and his ex-deputy prosecutor wife) have their share of problems.

Aloha, Mark
.0000000000000001% of cases doesn't mean 100%

I retired in '05 and was a contractor for the CG until '18 and there was still minimal LE training for the non LEDET blue suiters. Things did change things around when they went to DHS from DOT after 9/11 but still not cops.
^^^THISx1000%

after 9/11 the USCG changed
Yes, the CG has changed a coupla times. And I don't know how they do things from small boat units. But I maintain that you still don't see ARMED rescue helos. Those flights are probably LEDET or HITRON (Helicopter Interdiction Tactical Squadron) forces.

If anybody has direct experience that says otherwise, please post it up.

And I repeat for the peanut gallery, that an off-duty NCO (Non-Commissioned Officer) off base is not an "officer" in a LE sense just because they are under DHS.

True they have law enforcement and powers of arrest in their jurisdiction,
The term cop is a big paint brush to use
Example the local law enforcement officer say Portland police officer only has power of authority within their jurisdiction meaning a Portland cop is a cop in Portland but can't arrest / ticket someone in Vancouver.
USCG federal officers has huge authority and can most definitely Carry out all law enforcement duty with in their jurisdiction

Small boat units are very much about LE
They do enforce the law a and write citations / fines / and can arrest
They do LE boardings constantly looking for under the influence boaters and other violations, and almost always armed with side arms possibly long guns
Usually a BO And one or more BTMs
For awhile and still might be against SOP for a small boat to be underway unarmed

Last Edited:
WHY was I not surprised? When I saw the photo of the suspect, Tyree.

Whatever.....perhaps that's YOUR baggage showing?

Aloha, Mark
Whats your point and whats your solution? Death camps? Selective deportations based on ancestral origin?

i sure hate seeing racism running free in the gun community. Sure as bubblegum isnt helping our cause - QUITE the opposite.

Whats your point and whats your solution? Death camps? Selective deportations based on ancestral origin?

i sure hate seeing racism running free in the gun community. Sure as bubblegum isnt helping our cause - QUITE the opposite.
Take a look in a mirror.
YOUR baggage is showing in your post.

Aloha, Mark

Is it racism when 6% of a population commits over 50% of the murders in said population? Or is it racism to identify that fact? Or both? I would say neither, and labeling either as "racist" is inacurrate and non-productive.

Is it racism when 6% of a population commits over 50% of the murders in said population? Or is it racism to identify that fact? Or both? I would say neither, and labeling either as "racist" is inacurrate and non-productive.
Uh yea, sure looks like it dawg. Because again: whats your point, and whats your solution? Death camps, selective deportations based on ancestral origin?

why bring up race as if its relevant to some question nobody even asked?

what is your point, and what is your solution?

Uh yea, sure looks like it dawg. Because again: whats your point, and whats your solution? Death camps, selective deportations based on ancestral origin?

why bring up race as if its relevant to some question nobody even asked?

what is your point, and what is your solution?
I asked 3 questions. Which one were you saying "uh, yea, sure..." to? And "dawg"...lol.

I asked 3 questions. Which one were you saying "uh, yea, sure..." to? And "dawg"...lol.
Cant help but notice you ignored my questions also DAWG.

but ill play - im perfectly aware that blacks commit more crime than other demographics. Pointing that out isnt necessarily racist - if this was a thread on the demographics of crime. But it isnt - it didnt have anything to do with race until homeboy brought up race.

super clear answer to your questions: it looks racist when someone brings disparaging commentary about race into a conversation that isnt about race.

now answer my questions, if you would.

Cant help but notice you ignored my questions also DAWG.

but ill play - im perfectly aware that blacks commit more crime than other demographics. Pointing that out isnt necessarily racist - if this was a thread on the demographics of crime. But it isnt - it didnt have anything to do with race until homeboy brought up race.

super clear answer to your questions: it looks racist when someone brings disparaging commentary about race into a conversation that isnt about race.

now answer my questions, if you would.
No point other than I didn't infer racism from the post mentioned. You did. And, your questions were so comical I thought they were rhetorical, but, I would not recommend deportation based on ancestral origin. That would be racist. If you are looking for racism in a nation that prides itself on multiculturalism, you will definitely find it.

1629404931482.png

Does this help?

Aloha, Mark

Status

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top