JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
necropost.jpg

Which reminds me... back in July, Palmetto sent me a UPS return label to send back one of their rifles. They told me I had to drop it off at the hub and I didnt quite understand what the hub was, just figured it was slang for a UPS shop. Well, I went to my local UPS and dropped off my rifle in a rifle box and noone said anything. Found out that firearms are supposed to ship only through THE UPS hib which is a specific place. Luckily it all went smooth.:cool:

...and in Illinois (of all places) where the state government maintains such a high level of ethics and moral standing....//s

Edit;

They would never blame a massive fire on an old lady's cow..//s

:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
My $0.02

UPS specifically calls out handguns for Overnight only, none of the place I buy from ship overnight unless I pay for it, they send second day air. Rifles are always ground. FedEx does not call for Overnight. I just learned the ropes for USPS yesterday and as a FFL I can send another FFL a handgun via priority mail, but the fees that jack the price for all carriers the most are restricting delivery to someone over 21. That plus insurance and the cost is more than double what you started with for UPS and FedEx. I get the HUB thing, don't be tempted to go local if you want to see your insurance claim approved when your firearm goes missing.

Gents, EVERYTHING gets hung up crossing Chicago--it used to take longer to get across Chicago by rail than the entire rest of the country coming in and going out combined, largely because of things languishing in the municipally-owned Belt Railway of Chicago's vast holding yards and "civil servant" railroaders about as interested in productivity as their deskbound counterparts at City Hall.

It got so bad, my ancestors' family business put together a deal with the Milwaukee Road to go 60/40 on their own outer belt-line that would completely bypass the Brick and the Chicago metro area completely--and the Indiana Harbor Belt is still Gettin' Sh*t Done today, even decades after both of its former owners bit the dust.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top