JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder if they have any convicted felons working for them....that could get ugly when transporting arms.

Last I checked you couldn't to transport hazardous materials (which is what they declare firearms as). You need a special CDL permit for that....just like the guys that drive the fuel trucks, parts for nuclear reators, explosives, ect. I highly doubt they are convicted felons...but you never know with the DOL.

Last I checked you couldn't to transport hazardous materials (which is what they declare firearms as). You need a special CDL permit for that....just like the guys that drive the fuel trucks, parts for nuclear reators, explosives, ect. I highly doubt they are convicted felons...but you never know with the DOL.

You do not need a CDL to deliver most hazardous goods.

I've been a UPS driver for 22 yrs. I dont have a CDL, and I have delivered firearms, black powder, ammo, and all sorts of fun stuff on a daily basis.

Guns and ammo are not considered "hazardous" per the DOT, they do not require a shippers certification or a HAZMAT label. Black powder is considered hazardous, but is perfectly legal to ship with the proper paperwork and no CDL is required.

As far as the "legality" of hi-cap mags transiting Illinois....we dont know what is in the box, nor are we responsible for the legality of its contents. Compliance with the laws is the responsibility of the shipper, not the carrier.

I have had many guns, parts, ammunition, etc. get hung up in Illinois last year. I think it is very weird! In anticipation of new toys arriving I check tracking number everyday sometimes twice a day. I noticed last year a lot of things were getting hung up in IL for some unknown reason. Anyways it is one of a few states in America that I personally avoid because I disagree with their political agenda, so I don't even like my stuff going through there let alone getting hung up there. That has in the past really bothered me.

No they're not felons, just potheads, and that's mainly the people doing the loading and unloading, not so much the drivers. I used to have a friend who got fired along with a couple other guys for toking up at work and happened to get caught by corporate as they were walking through one day.
I really dislike Illinois and Wisconsin for their political agenda and taking rights away from the people. I sure hope that no one from there gets in a higher office and starts wanting to enact "change" in the nation to make it like Illinois.
Oh wait, it already has :s0131:

I have had many guns, parts, ammunition, etc. get hung up in Illinois last year. I think it is very weird! In anticipation of new toys arriving I check tracking number everyday sometimes twice a day. I noticed last year a lot of things were getting hung up in IL for some unknown reason. Anyways it is one of a few states in America that I personally avoid because I disagree with their political agenda, so I don't even like my stuff going through there let alone getting hung up there. That has in the past really bothered me.

Illinois is the location of CACH (Chicago Area Consololidation Hub) where a significant portion of our daily ground volume is sorted and routed thru on its journey from the shipper to the receiver. Its location is due to its proximity to the rail yards; most outgoing ground volume reaches its final destination by train before being loaded onto the brown truck that I drive that delivers it to your door.

Illinois is the location of CACH (Chicago Area Consololidation Hub) where a significant portion of our daily ground volume is sorted and routed thru on its journey from the shipper to the receiver. Its location is due to its proximity to the rail yards; most outgoing ground volume reaches its final destination by train before being loaded onto the brown truck that I drive that delivers it to your door.

Kool, thanks for explaining that. :s0155:

You do not need a CDL to deliver most hazardous goods.

I've been a UPS driver for 22 yrs. I dont have a CDL, and I have delivered firearms, black powder, ammo, and all sorts of fun stuff on a daily basis.

Guns and ammo are not considered "hazardous" per the DOT, they do not require a shippers certification or a HAZMAT label. Black powder is considered hazardous, but is perfectly legal to ship with the proper paperwork and no CDL is required.

As far as the "legality" of hi-cap mags transiting Illinois....we dont know what is in the box, nor are we responsible for the legality of its contents. Compliance with the laws is the responsibility of the shipper, not the carrier.

Then why do I have to pay extra to ship a firearm than I would anything else through UPS? I was specifically told that it was haz-mat and I had to pay $70 in shipping for a gun that weighed less than a pound.

Then why do I have to pay extra to ship a firearm than I would anything else through UPS? I was specifically told that it was haz-mat and I had to pay $70 in shipping for a gun that weighed less than a pound.

Don't quote me but I think you can only ship a handgun UPS Next Day Air and that's part of what makes it so expensive. I used to ship guns with UPS and the counter people always freaked out and ran for a supervisor. I stopped using UPS for guns when they lost my first Saiga .308. It took me seven months to find another and cost me an extra $100 as Obama was on the ticket by that point. :angry:

I now use FedEx. I walk in with a handgun case and it's just business as usual and substantially cheaper than UPS. :)

Don't quote me but I think you can only ship a handgun UPS Next Day Air and that's part of what makes it so expensive. I used to ship guns with UPS and the counter people always freaked out and ran for a supervisor. I stopped using UPS for guns when they lost my first Saiga .308. It took me seven months to find another and cost me an extra $100 as Obama was on the ticket by that point. :angry:

I now use FedEx. I walk in with a handgun case and it's just business as usual and substantially cheaper than UPS. :)

really that much cheaper to use fedex next day???

That is federal law, not state law.

Someone told you a little wrong. First you do not "have to" send it next day. The carriers started doing that because they could not control employee's stealing guns. If you walk in and tell them you are shipping a gun they give you that line. They of course are not going to tell you the real reason.

Just thought I'd warn ya, If you deliver to my house, watch out for Fred.:p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads