JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've seen the Uplula used many times and want one but the 35 buck price tag is the highest on mag. loaders.
so...has anyone used other brands to load single stack magazines......mine is 45acp
Are the cheaper ones a waste of money, ?
...should I quit whining and just get the darned thing?

anyone ? anyone ?

Quit whining and get one!
However, you can find mag loaders that work fine for specific mags. The uplula-maglula has the benefit of being universal for centerfire calibers and functions wonderfully.
I even bought the Uplula-striplula and love it!

For single stack 45acp, the Ruger OEM (metal) worked fine. There are others that are somewhat mag specific (brand of gun) and they do work. The Uplula is kind of the Cadillac and it does a great job, not perfect but does work on multiple mags as stated. AND if you have extensions on the mag, it is preferable to the HKs. If you only do single stack, it needs the single stack insert (makes life easier). I got one after many years and different brands and can say I should have got one sooner.

Last Edited:
They make cheapo mag loaders that work-ish.
Maglula is the schizzle, though.

Look on line for "brother-in-law" pricing.
$35 is high.
Watch out for cheesy counterfeits.
Genuine is Made in Israel.

I've seen the Uplula used many times and want one but the 35 buck price tag is the highest on mag. loaders.
so...has anyone used other brands to load single stack magazines......mine is 45acp
Are the cheaper ones a waste of money, ?
...should I quit whining and just get the darned thing?

anyone ? anyone ?
Buy once, cry once.
Well worth the $.
Best,
Gary

Here's the most cost effective single stack mag loader you can get... bonus: it also knows what my mags like!

10005835-C354-48EC-A288-5A5DC71C2862.jpeg

UPLULA costs the most because it is the best. Buy once, cry once.
You'll be glad you bought it the first time you use it.

Here's the most cost effective single stack mag loader you can get... bonus: it also knows what my mags like!

View attachment 802131
No kidding. After years of loading Hi-Power magazines I can scoop up, pocket or pile, the exact number in my right hand and load the dern magazine.
It's always a groaner watching Hickok45 load mags or cylinders by picking up one round and then inserting into same.. by hand or with a loader.

I have them to match my mood. I do not own a red one yet. Some magazines are easy to load by any method. New Springfield XD or XDM's are tough. Glock gives you a loader and some are talented enough to use them, apparently not me.
Stomper's loader is a no go for my permanently discombobulated thumb, my thumb is prefect for hitchhiking though
Quit whining, buy one from Midway at 10% off right now.

Chiming in. First time loading OEM Glock 33 round mags a couple of weeks ago made my thumb feel old. So bit the bullet and bought a Maglula. It's reputation is well deserved.

It is worth it, even at retail.

Pro Tip: Get you a purpley or lime green one. Everyone and their brother has black which makes it hard to keep track of yours on a busy range. And black ones are also hard to find in a black range bag (if your bag is black). :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top